Author Topic: sim ace history  (Read 1827 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
sim ace history
« on: June 10, 2005, 10:56:51 AM »
I would like to find out who were the "old" aces of AW and AH and continuing into AHII.  Just the people who were there should reply to this.  Basically I want to know who were the badarses.  Some of these guys still play, so where appropriate, please give the handle they fly under now.  I have only been playing 1 1/2 years so I dont know squat.  By the way, when I say "aces" I mean the best dogfighters! :)

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
sim ace history
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 11:04:56 AM »
I started in AW in '93,  HT and Pyro were top 5 guys back then. Other "top 10" guys of that time would be Twisted, DeadDuck, Wolfman, Rabid, Drum, and probably the best was Killer. Other than HT and Pyro, I dont think any of them are in AH.

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
sim ace history
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 11:12:01 AM »
I was #Dogg in AW.  The rest were also in AW that are here now.

PK1
Murdr
#Kaz who fly's as AKKaz now.
Shawk
Coors
#Killz who fly's as AKKillz now
#hun Fly's as HUN now
#Dapup fly's as Dapup now

There many more.  To many to list.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
sim ace history
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 11:14:23 AM »
I started WB in 96, and AH on day one of beta 1 so many years ago.  The first guy that really seemed to dominate was Mitsu, he’s still around, but I’m not sure of his handle.  Torque was not too long after, he’s still around as well.  I’m also not sure of his new handle.  Then there’s Citabria, now Fester.  I actually remember him from WB, I think I chatted and flew with him right after he started.

eskimo

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: sim ace history
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 11:22:12 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
I would like to find out who were the "old" aces of AW and AH and continuing into AHII.  Just the people who were there should reply to this.  Basically I want to know who were the badarses.  Some of these guys still play, so where appropriate, please give the handle they fly under now.  I have only been playing 1 1/2 years so I dont know squat.  By the way, when I say "aces" I mean the best dogfighters! :)

Dunno if I qualify as an "old" ace if an ace at all but I go back to about '97 in AW coming over to AH in 2K just before AW's demise. Lot of the guys in my squad, The Damned, also came over.

Drano
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
sim ace history
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 11:27:05 AM »
I started in 1972 flying one of these

After being the scourge of my basement and finding no more challenge I took a 25 year hiatus and came back to online play.

In AW mainly as "Westy" for about 3 years and then from 1999 till recently I was Westy in AH.

But I stopped flying about a 18 months ago when I found that my vintage Mattel toy offered more of a fight and challenge than did the pork and auger dweebs in the MA did.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
sim ace history
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 11:49:54 AM »
I was pretty good in AW. But between going to ww2ol and ruining my gameplay, having a slow computer, a joystick I hate, and just plain getting old and lazy in how I fly Im only mediocre in here.

BTW started AW in 96

~AoM~

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
sim ace history
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 11:55:57 AM »
Started back in AW in late '93 with DOS AW, took a few months off after getting my first Genie bill and started again when AW moved to AOHELL.  Played in AW Classic until they pulled the plug on it and then moved to AW3 and finally to AH when EA pulled the plug on AW.  Also played WB for a couple of years during this time, flying with the MOL.

Most of the members of the 479th FG  were some of the top pilots in AW, guys like Ballz, Corn, Noamo, Tkor, REEMO and 7SON.  For the most part, all of them made the move to AH but a few have taken some extended leave since then.  Glad that I can be part of a squad that is full with so many kick bellybutton pilots.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Callisto

• Copper Member
sim ace history
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 12:12:28 PM »
Nevre played AW..but first online flight sim experience was Confirmed Kill beta.

Does that count?

P.S. sorry for multiple posts
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 01:53:25 PM by Callisto »

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
sim ace history
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 12:29:37 PM »
This resume is about 5 years old
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 12:31:39 PM by Murdr »

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
sim ace history
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 12:45:31 PM »
Started AW in 97 I think. Recruited by the C HAWKS right away.

Went to Fighter Ace 2 for a few months then started C HAWKS in AH1 with a few of my old squaddies. We now have about 15 AW C HAWKS active in AH2.

I've been called many things, but never an ace ;)

P.S. Skyrock, how's your head?..:D

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
sim ace history
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 01:06:52 PM »
Started in AW in 96.  Started the squad filled with the biggest bunch of augering dweebs in the game at the time.  Better known as the Nomads.

Turns out some of em weren't too bad at flying, it was the landing that was the problem :)

Most moved on to other games, but there are a few still floating around under different names and different squads.  Still dweebs at heart though :)

Dan/CorkyJr
+Tiff back then
Never an ace
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
sim ace history
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 01:50:00 PM »
P.S. Skyrock, how's your head?..:D [/B][/QUOTE]   2days later and I still smell stale beer!  Guess I better get up from computer and bathe.   :D

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
sim ace history
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 02:03:13 PM »
I miss half time and hit bubbles. I miss being able to hold a typed conversation in the middle of a dog fight. I miss flying with a mouse. I miss atari. I miss two smoke stack factories.  I miss kill macros. I miss 4 digit credit card bills. I miss the look of horror on my wife's face after seeing a 4 digit credit card bill.
I miss "2000 out, 1500, 1000,  IN!" I miss bailing from 25k.
I miss signing on to Geni before 6pm just to see who the rich people are.

I miss most of the players - except wild thing. I always hated Wild Thing (in a good way) .

But most of the time I just miss - still. Cant hit the side of a barn:p

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Re: sim ace history
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2005, 02:18:05 PM »
Originally posted by Drano
Dunno if I qualify as an "old" ace if an ace at all but I go back to about '97 in AW coming over to AH in 2K just before AW's demise. Lot of the guys in my squad, The Damned, also came over.

Drano

To continue...I'm old and shot more'n 5 guys down in my 12 year or so history so I barely qualify.:)  As far as Damned still flying from the old days....

Fool, NB, LW, Dano, Rodan, Lugs (think he and Snowman are on a sabatical), hell, there's too many to name. I hear Ptero might be back up. Looking for JD to make his appearance one of these days. I saw Shark Bait (SB) fly last night....now that's old! :)

Not so DOS but still been around a pretty good time in AW (including thru aol beta) and killers all the same....Coach, Max, Goose. TC hmmmm again to many to name....

I think we came across from AW with around 72-76 members and more'n half of those were DOS killers and can still send yer family flowers after you get shot down....:)

Then again the Damned inhabit many online games....but most started in AW