Author Topic: O'club  (Read 11010 times)

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2005, 07:12:15 PM »
Originally posted by rabbidrabbit
I believe the OClub provides a valuable means of bringing traffic to this website which has considerable value to HTC.  However, it has been run amok and would benefit from a few more moderators.  How about crowning a few folks from the community with smite privileges and relieve that pressure from HTC staff?

i think that it should be that way.  definately.  a few people who have demonstrated the ability to be moderate voices with the keys.

perhaps a new sn could be created that they all use so there wouldnt be arguements with individuals or yelps about favoritism.

needless to say, i am thoroughly disappointed.  

it was like showing up at work and the doors were locked, the lights were off.

i have said in the past that one of the reasons that i have supported this company and have paid for the game is for the community, the o'club is a huge part of the community for me.  

all.

this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
O'club
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2005, 07:20:31 PM »
:(
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2005, 07:29:31 PM »
You gotta be kidding me?

The jerks showed their jerkness and the people who wanted to have some fun had some fun. That's what the O-club was all about. I have made friends and visited O-club aquiantences across the country. Not because of the stupid game! Because of the stupid O-club! I pay my 15 bucks and play the game and I enjoyed the comeradery and reparte' of the BBS. Limit the offering to just a simple game and it becomes less than palatable.

The community is the game!

Airhead is right on the money.

Oh wait...

shack!!!!

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
O'club
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2005, 07:32:27 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
The jerks showed their jerkness and the people who wanted to have some fun had some fun. That's what the O-club was all about.
You just summed it up better than Pyro. It's just that you two seem to differ in oppinion as to this being a good thing or a bad thing.

Offline Muckmaw1

• Nickel Member
O'club
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2005, 07:41:12 PM »
Sad. Very sad.

I've been out of the loop since the AH websight got blocked at work.

Still, HTC, understand that the O'club offered a very valuable resource. It was a great community filled with good natured, warm hearted guys.

You could pop in and for the price of typing a question, get answers on everything from RL flying, Quitting smoking, to dog grooming.

Of course, there were the idiots who did nothing but troll, and flamebait, but I have to say, even with them, this was the most mature BBS commmunity I ever saw.

Want to see a real train wreck..go to a Yahoo News Message Board.

HT, Pyro and the rest of HTC.

Please let us keep  our O'club.

You created it. But we built it.

Online Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2005, 07:43:46 PM »
Myyyyyyyyyyy precious....

On a serious note pyro, the OT is one of last reasons for keeping in touch with AH until ToD comes out.

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2005, 07:46:05 PM »
Since this is the only computer game I've ever played online, I'm curious as to whether the other flightsims have an "o forum"?

Did WB , AW and them  allow the stuff that showed up in the "o club'? and what about the games today? Does WW2, Red Baron etc, have an "o forum" with the harsh stuff HTC allowed?
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
O'club
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2005, 07:46:20 PM »
I guess they looked at the demographics and decided Community means nothing...too bad, but Saturday several of us who have met because of the O'Club on Aces High got together for a bar b que and we had a great time, say whatever you want about my people skills;)

it's unfortunate Dale and Roy have lost focus on what makes a good flight sim- it's not killer graphics, it's not the best damage model but it's the Community that supports that Sim, and when you dump a portion of that Community then your Sim becomes just another sterilized combat sim where you log on, don't know your friends or enemies and log off.

Big mistake, even if your beancounters told you the people you're spitcanning are no-loads who bring nothing to the party.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
O'club
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2005, 07:50:02 PM »
oh great, get rid of the one thing keeping me from actually doing stuff at school just before it finishes. and this does not bode well for my finals, first my gfx card borks after reinstalling direct X in an attempt to fix it, then i do something rediculously stupid, now the o'club is gone...what next?

then again its a perfect chance to try make a move with da ladies, theres only so much that can go wrong in the course of a week

bet it'll be back come fall...hitech is just doing his part to keep obesity down and outdoors summer enjoyment up
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 08:18:55 PM by vorticon »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2005, 07:52:39 PM »
Originally posted by JB88
i think that it should be that way.  definately.  a few people who have demonstrated the ability to be moderate voices with the keys.

perhaps a new sn could be created that they all use so there wouldnt be arguements with individuals or yelps about favoritism.

needless to say, i am thoroughly disappointed.  

it was like showing up at work and the doors were locked, the lights were off.

i have said in the past that one of the reasons that i have supported this company and have paid for the game is for the community, the o'club is a huge part of the community for me.  

all.

I would vote SEAGOON, Midnight Target, DREDIOCK and Laz as moderators. I never realised how much I read the O'club myself. Also I apologise for any of my contributions to the closing.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2005, 07:55:36 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ

Give it a nice lawyer disclaimer:  

The opions expressesd herin are not those of HTC and are not supported by HTC -  enter at your own risk... etc...

you know this idea has some merit.  One of our local talk radio stations plays the following

"The opinions expressed by the hosts, callers and guests are not those of New Jersey 101.5, Millenium Radio Group LLC or station advertisers."

Some of the stuff they come up with even during the daytime hours when kids would be and are listening make the O-club look like a formal English tea party hosted by ultra dainty proper victorian era  old ladies.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2005, 07:59:30 PM »
I'm just curious, Airhead. If its so wonderful why have you ignored "everybody but JB73" ?

I'm just kidding of course :)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2005, 07:59:48 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead

If you wish to site me as an example of anything than site me as an example of Manliness.  

and this from the person that for the longest time I honestly thought was a blond headed woman LMAO
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2005, 08:01:11 PM »
I have enjoyed the oclub since the beginning but I wont miss it.

I am surprised you guys let it run as long as it did.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2005, 08:02:11 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
I have enjoyed the oclub since the beginning but I wont miss it.

I am surprised you guys let it run as long as it did.

what he said
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals