Author Topic: O'club  (Read 11060 times)

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
O'club
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2005, 10:57:56 PM »
What? you mean I can't get spanked by my many daddys on the O'club any more?

What about those who loose loved ones... Who need information on finding lost ones..

Etc. Etc..

?!

I mean remember the good things that happend?

We had a missing child reported on the O'Club and he was later found..

We lost a many WWII vets on the O'club and got to write letters to their familys or even to living WWII vets..

We shared our thoughts on Sept. 11th, our tears our anger, some of us stepped a little too far, but what of those who used the O'club for good?

Hiring someone who's job is to search the forums 15hrs a day, and closing down the O'club to read only when he's not on duty..
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
O'club
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2005, 11:03:43 PM »
lol '88.

Well G, you were misunderstood then.  In truth, I was always interested in what folks from other nations thought.  Mostly because I was always bewildered at the opposing views and I struggled(I have a narrow mind) to see how they came to their conclusions.  If I'm guilty of pidgeon holing you, I apologize  here before our O'Club peers.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
O'club
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2005, 11:10:23 PM »
Let the O'Club stay down.

If you guys want a nice place to go that could easily replace the O'Club, CheckSix.net should cover it. LePaul and Mini-D do a great job running the place.

CheckSix

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2005, 11:11:36 PM »
I met MT and Saw through the O'Club.  For those two events alone the O'Club should be closed!

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2005, 11:16:36 PM »
Steve, know what's real funny to me in a weird way...

GS was in my squad for a while, we got into it about politics once, and then we as a squad SQUASHED any politics being talked about in the squad.

anyway, GS and i are on complete opposite ends of the political spectrum, and some of the stuff he says infuriates me. though i dont ignore him, i just dont reply LOL

me and him have agreed to never reply to eachother with opposing views, and gte all bent out of shape because of it.

i respect him for the respect he has given me, and i respect some of what he has done in real life. i know some personal things that he hasn't posted here about his service time, and he has done things i could not do.

we value our friendship, and dont bother with the other stuff, because we both know we will never change each others mind. LOL

he's probably one of the most honest, and truthful guy in the oclub. he agreed to this, and held up his end for almost 3 years, as have i.

just a little side not that many probably didn't know.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline majic

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2005, 11:17:02 PM »
Disapointing, that it came to this.

I wonder if the recruiting moderators from the community can work.  What criteria would be set?  The mods would certainly not be popular.  IIRC, Lepaul ran into many problems at check six when he was working out the standards over there.

On the other hand, I have seen community mods work great at other forums.  Might be worth a try.

As for the comments that only active game accounts should be allowed on... I disagree.  I played for a long time, but am not now.  I liked the community, so I stuck around.  Someday, I'll be back in the game getting shot down by most of you.  (maybe when TOD is ready.)  I'd like to stick around.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
O'club
« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2005, 11:47:37 PM »
The O'Club seems to be open....

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2005, 11:51:47 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
Wow.  I always gave and took some heavy debates and flames in the o'club.  I always assumed it was a goof, sort of like role playing.  88 and I went at it hard core some times but I did so for the spirit of the debate more than for the sake of disagreement. I can say this about a lot of folks... Oboe, MT, Dred,  and other "left wing nutjobs."  I misunderstood that it was really taken seriously, even when I was flame on.  I missed the Aruba thread though.. dunno what the to do is about.

Me? Left wing?? :rofl

Thats ok left wingers call me right winged which puts me right around the area of the middle (common sence)

Noth'n ever taken personally here nor too seriously.
Loved the barbs and counter barbs. I took and I gave all for the sake of a good arguement. No offence ever really taken to heart.
Have enough of my own RL aggrivation to take anything here too seriously.

Got into and read some GREAT debates though
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2005, 12:00:20 AM »
Bummer.

I enjoyed the community.. I'll miss it. All of it. Good, bad, indiffferent.

I learned a lot.. about myself; others; what makes me tick. Tuff to have an intelligent conversation with a cat, a kid or my ex... tuffer yet to justify the hours of time I've spent in there haggling about everything from politics to religion and current events. The folks I hang with in 'RL' just don't cover the range of stereotypes found in the O'club.. Where else can I thrash out political diatribes with a real russian commie or a French frenchman?

Regardless of the hours lost, the data deep sixed forever by the closure, (I waked my old pal Hairball in there.. cripes; the guys actually had a memorial volcano flight for my gawdamned cat!) I figure it was time well spent... made good friends...

I'll miss the place.. so will my cats... since time in the O'club was time not spent punting felines that debate the quality of life by crapping in my sneakers..

So; since this is farewell.. gents; I'll miss ya.. and I'll miss the community. Idiots and all.

[taps]

[/taps]
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 12:03:10 AM by Hangtime »
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2005, 12:00:22 AM »
Ummmm......sort of petty in my opinion.
Put a disclaimer on it and let the good times roll.
No biggy.
  Get up, grab a cup and go to the Oclub.
Have a cup or two, have some fun, then log on and fly a few.
  A big part of the toatal experience that is hurting no one. If peeps don`t want to participate, so be it. They don`t have to.
Like I said, put a disclaimer on it and don`t worry about it.
  Conform comrade BS down`t play well with me. Just my opinion.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
O'club
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2005, 12:05:47 AM »
Now were in the hell am i gonna get my daily news from ???

You guys think i watch fox or cnn .. Hell no i just cruise the beloved O'club ..

Shure some guys get outta hand and need there heads checked but , its a world wide community and everyone is welcome  to there point of view ..

(Figures i was at work and missed the blow out)
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline majic

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2005, 12:07:43 AM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo

You guys think i watch fox or cnn .. Hell no i just cruise the beloved O'club ..

Funny, I'd do the same thing.  If something big was going on, it'd surely show up there.

Offline TheflyingElk

• Copper Member
Closing the "O"
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2005, 12:08:39 AM »
I must tell you I am about as conservitive as Newt Gingichs house plants, But this even makes me go HUH? I really don't get why folks get so up tight  about typed words, Its like when people in game or on the net use CAPS people come unhinged its flat amazing:rolleyes:  If somebody is being a Tard with what they type so what, its just words it has no real impact on day to day living or dieing.  I enjoyed the O-club, also found some of it annoying but life threating or life changing I think not. I must respectfully submit I think HTC over reacted in this situation, they asked for thoughts well there it is, the thoughts expressed are those of the author and not meant to represent any or all animal species thank you :D
You dragged the dead horse into the yard and handed out the bats, sir.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2005, 12:09:41 AM »
Dang, I feel like a kid whose puppy just got run over by a Mack truck.

The O'Club is/was a very interesting hangout. Even my most ardent foes during the most heated threads seemed like pretty good guys, just a bit misguided. I often got my news from the O'C and answers to questions that were non AH related. I understand there was too much flaming going on for HTC to spend time moderating it. You guys have more important things to do than babysit a forum. But to pull the plug seems a bit of an extreme sanction.

The idea of only REGISTERED PAYING CUSTOMERS being able to post there with some self moderation seems like an excellent solution to me, altho some of my favorite posters like Nilsen and Nash would be excluded. I feel like I've made friends with some of these guys from all over the world. To totally lose the O'Club because of a few morons would be a tragedy. Why not give us another chance with the self moderation technique. If that does not work, at least we can say that we tried.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
O'club
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2005, 12:10:03 AM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo

Shure some guys get outta hand and need there heads checked but , its a world wide community and everyone is welcome  to there point of view ..

(Figures i was at work and missed the blow out)

That's what I did also. Never really read on into the arguements that broke out. But I will miss all the interesting stuff I read on there. Also was a good place to get questions answered. I will miss those aspects of it:(
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++