Author Topic: O'club  (Read 11010 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2005, 08:09:04 PM »
I was scrolling through the forums, and I was like Huh?

Ive read and posted in the oclub for almost 5 years, some things good, some things bad.

I really dont know what to say, But Im sure HTC will figure something out. And if there is no return to the Oclub, Oh well IMO. It will give me something else to do.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Habu

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2005, 08:21:50 PM »
wow

I have not been posting much so I have no idea what led to this action.

Communitys are easy to kill and hard to build. People move on.

Later you spend time and money trying to get people to notice your game. Seems self defeating to me. But what do I know?

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
O'club
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2005, 08:24:18 PM »
I seriously doubt it will return in anything like its original form.
I don't think there will be volunteer moderators either. They
didn't like moderating the forum, I seriously doubt they'll want
to deal with the complaints about moderators they don't even
employ. I really don't see a way to bring it back, and I'm certainly not going to "demand" it's return, nor make any silly threats or
judgements. I honestly don't think the end of the OC will hurt
HTC, or the community. It was fun at times, it was a great time killer, and it was at times informative.

I thank HTC for hosting it, and tolerating it for as long as they did.
I thank them for being reasonable and fair. I understand their decision to close it, I'll understand if it never comes back, and I'll accept my part of the blame for its demise.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
O'club
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2005, 08:25:25 PM »
well, this sucks. thanks to the guys who had a part in ruining a good thing.

in 5 years i havent posted one flame. i liked reading the more intelligent topics in the o'club, specifically ones regarding modern aviation and such. i can't even start to figure out how much random crap i learned just from reading in there.

its a damn shame that it came to this. i'd really like for there to be a solution that could bring the o club back. even if it meant putting up a huge 'NO FLAMING' sign and banning people on first offences.

this is a great case of a few bad apples ruining the whole bunch. :mad: :mad: :mad:
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
O'club
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2005, 08:27:04 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead
LOL Sad part was I just downloaded AH yesterday, and flew in the MA last night- and now I have to cancel my account because the teasing and goading that used to be the O'Club are no longer allowed.

You guys are so wrong on this 1 it's unbelievable. I don't know if it's crank or paint huffing, but you Texicans need to get a fugging grip.

I'm at work now, I'll be home in an hour and you will get my cancellation via E-Mail. And I'm finished with you bunch of Texas dip chits, you're totally clueless and I'm tired of wasting my time with you guys.

Eat feces and die, idiots.
Good, you'll save 14.95 per month. Get hosting account and you can run your own "O'Club".

AH Forum is better off without post like yours and other resident trolls. People with so many issues should visit shrink not troll the net.

O'Club was misery for the past year or so, and HTC did the right thing getting rid off.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2005, 08:35:17 PM »
I enjoyed the O'Club more then any other topic here. Mostly I like to read the stories or every once in the while take a linked poll somewhere for fun.  I agree there has been some threads that were just plain retarded, but overall there have been a ton of great threads there. I myself like to read them and there are some that are pretty funny, which can cheer someone up if they are having a bad day.

I will miss having them if they do not come back.:(
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
O'club
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2005, 08:45:08 PM »
Employees of HTC can better spend their time then moderating the O’Club. If some want it to be “read only” to appraise their historic posts then do it for 6 months. After the forum stops getting hits, close it.

As for those that say it is the only reason they stay in contact with Aces High, then I say the employees of HTC can better spend their time then hosting a forum for people who don't even pay for an account.

:rolleyes:
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline CPorky

• Copper Member
O'club
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2005, 08:48:36 PM »
Simple fix.. only allow the O'Club to be used by those who have a registered account in AH and link them together.

It would fix all the morons that post under false names constantly, and would grant HTC ability to to keep repeat offenders in check. It would also encourage individuals to pay for an account.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2005, 08:49:29 PM »
Originally posted by bustr
I would vote SEAGOON, Midnight Target, DREDIOCK and Laz as moderators. I never realised how much I read the O'club myself. Also I apologise for any of my contributions to the closing.

Me??
What the hell did I do?? LOL

Well thanks for the vote of confidence. Lord knows I spent enough time there.

Doubt it would ever happen but.
I'd do it if asked. I think I could do it fairly as I dont have any particular love or hate for anyone in particular. So it would be hard for anyone to make claims of me playing favorites.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2005, 08:51:36 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead
Unbunch your panties. The sad fact is you couldn't handle the O'Club because of your fiminine persuasion so you left for the much more heavily moderated General Discussion long ago.

If you wish to site me as an example of anything than site me as an example of Manliness.  I can give, I can take and I can push and I can shove.

I'm a *****, I'm a lover I'm a Bulletin Board Mother Fugger.

Don't hate me for it.

Perfect case in point.  RIP o'club because of people like this.  How about you guys just ban this dude, and bring the o'club back  :D

3000+ posts, and I bet at least 2900 were degrading towards others, yet here he is... no ban, no nothin.

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2005, 09:01:20 PM »
It was just a matter of time.

Wont miss it!!
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline crowMAW

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2005, 09:02:40 PM »
Other forums are self moderated.  It's clear that HTC should not be spending company time policing the forums.  Select some good, fair members from the community, set rules, and then let them police.

TOAD is on quite a bit...always fair.  I nominate him for one. Furball, Sandman and LePaul too.

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
O'club
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2005, 09:08:01 PM »
Such a wonderful idea! Let’s destroy what’s left of this community. Sigh. :rolleyes:

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2005, 09:15:54 PM »
Wow, all because of a few bad apples.
Maybe the "gotta be a current player to post " thing is the way to go.
If all the Boneheads could be civil and post without ... ahhh never mind:(

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2005, 09:17:01 PM »
Originally posted by crowMAW
Other forums are self moderated.  It's clear that HTC should not be spending company time policing the forums.  Select some good, fair members from the community, set rules, and then let them police.

TOAD is on quite a bit...always fair.  I nominate him for one. Furball, Sandman and LePaul too.

we could try that and see what happens:cool: