Author Topic: Why I miss McDonald's  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2005, 08:25:16 PM »
I'm pretty good at catching the flying shrimp out of the air and into my mouth that the chef tosses from the teppan table.

Hold that sushi by the very end so your finger doesn't get nipped.  ;)

No need to suffer... we can send you the Mexican Makin's. Just let me know.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2005, 08:40:14 PM »
there's a rule out here... "if you can't see the ocean, don't order the fish".

My god.. a 'tuna taco'.. the very thought is horrifying.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline AmRaaM

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2005, 09:58:03 PM »
Baroda, dont be an arse to the order taker then.  LOL.

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2005, 12:19:15 AM »
Originally posted by Hangtime

I live on the coast in Florida, we have many resturants that have terrific seafood, but one stands out.

Red Lobster

Why on earth anyone would go there is beyond me, but the thing stays packed. Only place in town you can buy a previously frozen peice of fish and pay preimum for it.

Just down the road,MMMMMM Louisana Lagnappie, I order their Grouper Ponchitrain(almond crusted pan Sauted Grouper topped/w Holindase sauce, topped again with a whole fried softshell crab, again topped with holndase sauce and walnuts in a sweet syrup glaze)......Great stuffs!!

So @ $20 a meal, its not cheap but better than Redlobster, or any other fast food joint.
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2005, 02:09:48 AM »
Originally posted by Hangtime

No kidding.  This was my exact reasoning for not ordering the taco at Del Taco in Phoenix.  Unfortunately, later on in the trip, a buddy recommended that I should try the lobster when we were at Rain Forest Cafe.  Apparently it is the best stuff at that restaraunt.  

Being an idiot, I ordered a combo that came with steak and lobster.  I guess the tropical rainforest atmosphere in the restaraunt made me forget that I was still in +90 degree AZ.  I ate a few fries, then moved on to the lobster.  The taste was slightly bearable and I commented that I wasn't really much of a seafood fan.

As dinner went on, I started sweating and the robotically operated monkey in the corner seemed to be taunting me personally.  I quietly sipped on my drink and continued eating.  Then I noticed the robotic parrot above my head, and tripped the F out at the absurdity of a bird in a restaurant.  

At this point, I became dizzy and quietly excused myself to the bathroom.  As soon as I walked in, I felt my stomach churn, so I rushed to the nearest stall.  All in one motion, I proceeded to slam the door open placing my hands in front of my mouth at the same time, in an attempt to catch the 10 years worth of rainforest delicacy that ejected out of my throat.  Bad idea.  My hands served as a nice platform for the fluid to ricochet, sending everything right back into my face and shirt.  

Right at that moment, the door slammed back into my side from the force of opening. Surprisingly, I managed to get the remaining volume into the toilet.  All of this time, I saw a man's feet at the urinal.  Not one word if I was okay.;)  It's safe to say, I learned my lesson.:aok

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2005, 04:14:26 AM »
All of this time, I saw a man's feet at the urinal. Not one word if I was okay :rofl

I had a similar experience at 6 Flags Over Texas. Before the nightmare was over I ended up blowing bellybutton in my girlfriends car:(

But that story is for another day.

As far as McDonalds goes, I havent been able go back ther after watching "Supersize Me". I miss the Big Mac. My favorite fast food stops now are Chick-Fil-A and Chiplote. For burgers The Denton County Independant Hamburger Co. makes a hell of a burger. For those of you who want to drive to Denton,Tx.

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2005, 04:50:40 AM »
bout time for a pic in this hungry making thread! ;)

The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2005, 08:34:52 AM »
Rolex, my sister had something to add about Japan McDonalds, (and Germany)

actually visited a McDs when I was in Japan....it was a very enlightening experience. Similar to everything else in Japan - everything was spotless, there were slippers in the bathroom which you took off your shoes and put on when entering (brown - typical for areas considered 'dirty' ... and always VERY small for Japanese feet - they were like 'toe condoms' for my feet), the sizes are indeed small, and all was harmony and joy. Another very interesting McDs is in Germany - where they are pomme fritz (french fries) and you can get BEER. I always enjoyed some of the funny similarities and differences - from a typical American view. Thanks for sharing .... as it definitely brings back some sweet memories.

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2005, 11:34:35 AM »
no BEER at US McDonalds??? c'mon you joking?

and "pommes de terre" in french stands for potatos and "frites" for "frying",
there you get pommes frites, ...the end spoken "fritz" ;)
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2005, 07:31:06 PM »
@ Rip: Toe condoms... lol.

Fish Tacos? HA! How about a 'tako taco'? The ultimate Japanese goofy food taco.

Tako is Japanese for octopus. Yes sports fans, that's an octopus taco. yumm :)

Two other classics are Pizza Hut and Mr. Donuts in Japan. Ahhh, there's nothing better than going to Mr. Donuts early on Sunday morning. The aroma of fresh coffee and the smell of curry and tuna donuts are just the thing to start your day.

I wonder if Pizza Hut Japan will export their famous squid, octopus, corn and mayonaise pizza to the US?