Author Topic: Bishops? where are they ?  (Read 2591 times)

Offline AmRaaM

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Bishops? where are they ?
« on: July 30, 2005, 12:01:55 PM »
Why is this country always so undermanned ? What started this trend  anyways ?

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 01:13:12 PM »
I heard it was a strange smell...
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 01:45:49 PM »
how about the fact that the huge remaining nazi squads call everyone who enters bishtardland spies? or the fact that the huge remaining nazi squads care only about taking bases? hmmmmmm could it be???
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 02:12:26 PM »
Nazi squads???
who are you refering to

I guess im not understanding the disdain shown towards Bish latley,,,I think the main squads like BoPs', 31st and all the other smaller squads are filled with good guys, of course all sides have thier bad apples, but judging the Bish by what a few lamo's do
seems unfair
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 02:27:46 PM by Cooley »
Cooleyof 367th

Offline elc7367b

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 03:07:13 PM »
Very well put Cooley.  I dont think Ive heard of anyone on the Sick Puppies ever calling anyone anything about coming over to the Bish.  In fact, Ive often seen on Channel 200 encouraging invites welcoming those that wish to give the Bish a try.  And those that have come over Ive heard grateful acknowledgments on the air.  Its a shame a few "bad apples" can cause such disdain.  

Muttman
Sick Puppies

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 03:39:47 PM »
Well cooley, the statement did come from morph, and we all know how he acts in the Game and BBS.
:rolleyes:

But to stick to the subject, numbers will never be perfect.  Have fun fighting and to the bish squads.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 03:53:27 PM »
When the 479th first came over from Knitwit land, a few of us had to put up with the typical crap about being spies and "why don't you go back to where you came from...".  Most of this crap was spewed by two of the big Bish squads (one has since disbanded and reformed in Knitwit land) at the time.  Was kind of puzzled at first at the resentment towards the 479th but then the squads that were spewing their crap were the ones the 479th would regularly slaughter.  For the most part though, the majority of the Bishops had been really good to us.  What started as just a one tour visit to Bishops turned into an open ended stay.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2005, 04:26:53 PM »
I dunno...  Flew Bish for a few days maybe a week and a half ago and was STILL hearing junk about certain individuals (note, not squads, individuals) that wanted to fly for another country for awhile.

Now I could see how if the #s were bad you might get upset if an entire squad left for greener pastures but to badmouth an individual specifically (note, one plane, a drop in the ocean) just wasn't cool.  Especially since it was already old news.

Still talking about one guy?  Man.

Then, when another fellow who switched Bish to even #s and I pointed out how stupid it was to keep ranking on the guy and branding him "... the TRAITOR", WE get "scolded" on how its not cool to make fun of people who are loyal to a particular country...  Didn't think that was our point, but hey.

I don't mean this to be a bish bash as there are certainly many really great people flying for them but if you want people to switch sides to help you it really might help if your bad apples stopped bad mouthing people that switch sides...  Those would be the EXACT people you need at the moment if you want the numbers to even out.

As it is, the bad apples are having the effect of solidifying on the Bish the stereotype of being a country full of pre-pubescent teens.

I know you're right Cooley and it's not fair, but I switched with good intentions and left with rolling eyes...  It's just my opinion and don't be offended if you aren't one of the offenders.

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2005, 05:01:04 PM »
I only switch to spy. :rofl

J/K

I have been over to the Bish a few times in the past few weeks working with a couple of guys.

The Bish were all havin a fun time even though they were out matched numbers wise and were not complainin about it while in the game. Maybe the BBS give em time to vent but certainly not in the MA. Then again I rarely monitor 200 unless its to exchange a with someone.

They're a perty good group of guys and I really enjoy shootin....err fighting em :D (sorry) Don't worry Bish your time will come....one day....:)

As far as changing countries. If someone invites you over to get in some learning and practice. Take them up on it. If some squad whines about it why would you want to be in their squad in the first place? They don't sound smart enough to know you are learning something that will help you and maybe even something you can pass along that will help the whole squad and country.

When I swap countries I tell my squad "if no one objects I'll be over in another country for a day or so helping someone out". Guess what? No one objects. Why? Because it's a game and I'm not changing sides cause Im mad or wanna hunt someone.

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2005, 05:55:51 PM »
There needs to be a larger penalty for countrys with huge numbers put into place.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2005, 06:03:41 PM »
Originally posted by Messiah
There needs to be a larger penalty for countrys with huge numbers put into place.

Yeah like have Messiah switch to the side with the numbers. I think that'll be punishment enough and people will leave that country:p
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2005, 06:10:12 PM »
Really?  We need larger penaltys and more rules telling people how to play the game they pay for?  

Not.

I dont need more people telling me how I can spend my time online that I paid for.  If you want to play games with lots of rules and no bad stuff happening, my 6 yr old nephew recommends you try Candlyland or Chutes and Ladders.  No monthly charge either!

Offline scspook

• Copper Member
      • The Skeleton Crew BBS
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2005, 07:05:48 PM »
As a lone gun in the game, I have played Rook for years. I went over to the Bish side for he very 1st time a month ago as I was curious as to how the Bish and Knit played and I wanted to help the underdogs who were short in numbers.

I cant say the reception was a warm one. Noone accused me of spying etc and a couple of the guys flying were genial enough, but there appeared to be no great willingness on the Bish side to combat the hordes against them.

When I asked about missions etc after seeing some poor slob post one in the interest of gaining some form of retalitory response, i recieved replies on how the Bish (those there on the day) prefered to fly in their squads and didnt want to join the missions of others.  I thought that a little odd but accepted it as one of those occassions where we all like to do our own thing and not get caught up in the wanton needs of others online.  However the 2nd, 3rd and 4th day with the Bish all appeared to be the same.  No co-operation. No ingame banter about bandits on 6's or up high etc and I was left with the distinct impression that noone gave so much as a frogs prettythang about fighting back anymore.

I then made the mistake of asking about large squads in the game  (Bish side) that were recruiting as I had been thinking about flying with a large group ingame as opposed to continuing my lonely efforts in the sky.  This was about the only time I recieved any sort of response and while I can accept the dry humour of others and how its open to misinterpretation over the internet, again I was left with the impression that noone gave a hoot about my recruitment offer.

Now it could have been that noone wanted me. Not a problem as im only interested in those that did, but I remember thinking to myself, what if I was a Noobie just joined the game and happened by unfortunate circumstance to choose the Bish side as my intro to Aces High?   If I was new, id have probably turned right back around and left the game with a not to friendly disposition towards it.

Continuing my quest for alternative side adventures, I went Knit. (Not that the knits had any lack of numbers to play with).  Immediately I noticed a distinct difference in game play.  Warm welcome, friendly atmosphere, helpful and their communication ingame was on par with that I knew as a Rook.  So much so, ive decided to stick it out with the Knits for a while as the Rooks hardly need me and I wont be missed anyway.

I accept that I could have tried the Bish on a bad week.  That my timings ingame may not be consistent with finding the best players the Bish have to offer in terms of collaboration wise, but I dont think thats the problem.  Bish have some serious communication problems on their side of the pond.  I wish them well, but I have no desire to fly there again.

This of course is one mans view. Yours may differ.

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2005, 07:32:35 PM »
Really? We need larger penaltys and more rules telling people how to play the game they pay for?

Not.

I dont need more people telling me how I can spend my time online that I paid for. If you want to play games with lots of rules and no bad stuff happening, my 6 yr old nephew recommends you try Candlyland or Chutes and Ladders. No monthly charge either!

How about you calm down before you blow a vein there buddy.  Firstly I never said that you couldn't play the game how you wanted to.  Secondly, I spoke nothing of "rules" you seem to have totally blown my post out of porportion.  Thirdly, penalties for large numbers will make the sides more even and will be mroe fun for all.  Fourthly, I can PWN YOU and your 6 yo at candyland anytime.

Good Day
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2005, 07:49:05 PM »
Originally posted by Messiah
Fourthly, I can PWN YOU and your 6 yo at candyland anytime.

Good Day

LOL!

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song