Author Topic: Bishops? where are they ?  (Read 2588 times)

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Bishops? where are they ?
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2005, 10:50:11 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
As for the Rookies...they only skilled ones on that side are the members of the BKs and what is left of the AoMs.  Then those guys rotate to other countries for brief tours, the talent pool on the Rookie side dries up.  

lol you're a funny guy ack ack. I know sooo many rooks that would embarress you that aren't BKs or AoM.

Thanks for playing....

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2005, 10:54:27 PM »
Are you *supresses laughter* one of them?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2005, 10:55:12 PM »
New bish tactics!

:D

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2005, 11:13:29 PM »
I am pleased to see though Kweassa, that you didn't feel the need to write a doctoral thesis as your reply.

Teeeheee

QUAH!!!
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2005, 11:18:22 PM »
Originally posted by megadud
lol you're a funny guy ack ack. I know sooo many rooks that would embarress you that aren't BKs or AoM.

Thanks for playing....
Sure wouldnt be you!:aok :rofl

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2005, 11:54:17 PM »
All this over a game?  :rolleyes:
- The Flying Circus -

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2005, 11:55:31 PM »
Back then rooks where the under manned ones. Now look haha:p

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2005, 12:23:18 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Are you *supresses laughter* one of them?

no not me i am terrible but i know some, and Jet... well.... you're just not worth the arguement...

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2005, 01:00:06 AM »
Originally posted by SkyChimp
Back then rooks where the under manned ones. Now look haha:p

This is the very reason that we should not be arguing over this matter. The numbers cycle. Sides will be imbalanced. When this happens there needs to be a fix. Not just for the bish today, but for all sides tomorrow.

There was a fix before, the ENY limit. It worked great! Then the moans and whines about I cant fly my plane. So the ENY limiter was changed, now we are right back to where we started.

Adjust the limiter back, or to a more acceptable level.  Problem solved.
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2005, 03:32:29 AM »
Cant the cycle just be left to run its course like it did in the past?

Offline Smiggyy

• Copper Member
Bishops
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2005, 04:04:01 AM »
Been a Bishop since I started playing.

I have no "allegiance" to the country, but I have a group of mates from the squads I have flown with over the years and the banter that you get on squad/local/country makes the game for me.

I certainly have no problem with anyone changing sides, why should I, it is after all a game, played for fun.

I have, let's say, a formidable adversary, Javis7, who I regularly battle with, sometimes I lose, sometimes I win. I regularly ask him to come across and join the squad, if only for a day/week/tour!
Its said in jest on 200 whenever we "clash", but hey he'd be welcome anytime.

Another friend LYNX recently changed over, fair play, won't stop me having banter with him on 200, nor will it cause me to throw accusations at him for doing so.

Its your money, your game, your play.
Play the game your way.
It's about having fun after all!

Smiggs.

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2005, 10:18:52 AM »
I think its funny that the people making fun of the bishops are rooks and knights, its like beating up a kid in a wheel chair and then making fun of him... If the #'s were even close to balanced then you could talk all the crap you want to, but the way it is now is that we constantly have 20-30% less people on than you do, that means everybody has to spread out and play defense all night, we don't have time to landgrab, if we put a mission together, theres only 10-15 people left to defend the board... I've read allot of posts that say the bish are wussies, cant fly whatever... who's the real wuss, the guy that flys outnumbered and knows they will not win the war, or the guy that flys in hordes and missions only then gets on the BBS and talks crap about beating up on an outnumbered over stretched country... Heres an idea, why don't some of you crap talking rooks and knights come over and fly bish... oh wait your precious k/d ratio might go down because we don't fly in groups of 10 at 20K... The only reason the 479th is bish is because they are the underdogs, we figure we're good enough pilots we can go fly for the undermanned side... instead of adding to the hordes in knitwit land or for the rookies...

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2005, 10:52:10 AM »
Heres an idea, why don't some of you crap talking rooks and knights come over and fly bish...

been there, done that and got the Tshirt...but I dont feel like dealing with the crap that some spew, so i am back rooks...it amazes me, "come fly bish" so i go fly bish, "what you doing here? arent you a rook?  go back to where you came from"  

whatever.  call it what you want, but i dont feel like dealing with that crap.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2005, 11:25:51 AM »
your kidding me.. someone gave u crap for joining the bish.... who was it so we can bish slap them lol

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2005, 12:28:50 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
I spoke of this in the MA one night, I will re-iterate it here. Each country has a particular 'feel'. That 'feel' is largely determined by the character, playstyle and personality of the individuals that comprise that country regularly. It has been since I've played AH and continues to be Bishland's first priority to take fields. Taking fields is paramount even at the expense of fun, fights and surviving. While this may be attractive to some people, especially buffers , GV'ers and pork n' auger types it is not attractive to your upper echelon fighters jocks and new players who really just want to fight air to air and could care less about the land-grab game.

Compound this land-grab-centric playstyle with some weird pre-pubescent ostrasization of anyone and everyone who attempts to join Bish to help out and you have a recipe for disaster. There are two things Bish can do collectively to remedy the situation.

1) Stop being salamanders, stop accusing everyone of being spies who decides to switch from their regular country to help you for an evening. Take is from someone who fights you all the time, you need all the help you can get, especially in the fighter pilot dept.

2) Here's your new mantra, live by it, breathe by it, tatoo it onto your forheads and your numbers probelm will soon be rectified...

"Fly for the fights not for the fields!"

The single biggest distinction between the Rooks, Knights and Bishops is quite succinctly this...Rooks and Knights preceive and treat the land-grab aspect of AH as the superfluous back-drop to the far more important air to air combat aspect. Bishops treat and perceive air to air combat as the superfluous back-drop to the far more important land-grab game. This may seem like a subtle difference but it has profound implications from individual egagements with and for Bishops all the way up to the entire war itself and how it plays out and 'feels'. People like myself who have played these games for well over a decade are privvy to these subtle nuances and are affected by them and make our playtime decisions largely based on them.

The incredible irony for Bishops is that they are so land-grab-centric and have such a reluctance and/or disdain for actual air to air combat that they lack the skills necessary to hold onto their precious land. So, in a very real way, in a funny twist of logic, if Bishops collectively decide to become more fight-centric like Rooks and Knits they will actually become better at holding and keeping their land and as an ancillary benefit their numbers and quality will improve proportionately.

Zazen

Thank you for your input, zazen.  Your "play the game my way" monologue is dismissed as irrelevant.  And that wall-o-text about how rooks and nits aren't interested in the "land grab" aspects of the game is deluded or disingenouous.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 12:31:40 PM by rshubert »