Author Topic: Bishops? where are they ?  (Read 2586 times)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Bishops? where are they ?
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2005, 04:33:07 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
[B

As for the Rookies...they only skilled ones on that side are the members of the BKs and what is left of the AoMs.  Then those guys rotate to other countries for brief tours, the talent pool on the Rookie side dries up.  

ack-ack [/B]

That's simply not true, the BK's and AoM actually fit right in with Rooks. Rooks have a very deep talent pool. It is becuase of this that the BK's and AoM enjoy flying with Rooks, we think/play similiarly. Those two squads have played for other sides in the past and Rooks have done just fine.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2005, 04:37:15 PM »
And from seeing how much time you spent doing attack sorties, sitting in GVs and flying bombers, one would think you're a one of the Tool Shed Warriors.  

ack-ack

I scored all my fighter sorties as attack this camp because I had intended on competing in the early war contest we had going. In fact the one 'fighter' sortie I have is in the Spit1. Just because I did my fighter sorties in attack mode does not mean I'm bombing, I actually almost never carry ordnance, my planes climb badly enough as it is. Hehe

As for the Ostwind, I will always use it alot for one reason and one reason only...To make vulching Rooks a very, very, very unpleasant pursuit. To that end I enjoy an incredible amount of success and the appreciation of my teammates.

Zazen

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2005, 04:44:02 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Rooks have a very deep talent pool.

Zazen

When it comes bombing tool sheds, yes the Rookie talent pool is very deep.  Too bad the fighter pool is a tad more shallow.

Someone said earlier that the best fighter fights are between the Bishops and Knights.  He's right, at least against the Knights you have a chance of finding a decent or good 1v1.  The only thing you'll find on the Rookie side is either  a Rookie running or a Rookie hord.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2005, 04:45:12 PM »
Originally posted by killnu
Huh?!  :confused:   having been flyin for rooks last few months now, i can tell you, they are not the only talented rooks...hope you dont honestly believe that crap you spewing.  :rolleyes:

Sorry..forgot you 475th guys were Rooks.  Present company excluded of course :c)

ack-ack

Offline parker00

• Copper Member
      • http://www.68thlightninglancers.com/joomla/index.php
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2005, 04:49:38 PM »
Can you switch sides for a night or two without leaving your squad? If not I can just rejoin when i come back but didn't know if it would automatically boot me from the squad.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2005, 04:59:52 PM »
As for the Rookies...they only skilled ones on that side are the members of the BKs and what is left of the AoMs. Then those guys rotate to other countries for brief tours, the talent pool on the Rookie side dries up.

You see, basically, this is why you guys aren't welcome anywhere around.

You show up and ridicule whatever other countries you guys are not flying in.
 You show up in plane threads and ridicule whatever plane that is not a P-38.
 Heck, you show up in squad threads and ridicule whomever that is not in your squad.

After a year of two of experiencing this snotty attitude, it's hardly surprising people aren't exactly applauding your kind around.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2005, 05:17:23 PM »
Show me one post were I or any other member of the 479th has gone into a squad thread and ridiculed anyone that wasn't a Raider.  I think you're confusing a recent thread that for some lame reason was bashing on the BKs.

As for bashing on planes that aren't a P-38, again that's silly.  It's not my fault that a well flown P-38 is a match for any plane in this game.

I am pleased to see though Kweassa, that you didn't feel the need to write a doctoral thesis as your reply.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 05:22:24 PM by Ack-Ack »

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2005, 05:37:20 PM »
Show me one post were I or any other member of the 479th has gone into a squad thread and ridiculed anyone that wasn't a Raider.  I think you're confusing a recent thread that for some lame reason was bashing on the BKs.

As for bashing on planes that aren't a P-38, again that's silly.  It's not my fault that a well flown P-38 is a match for any plane in this game.

I am pleased to see though Kweassa, that you didn't feel the need to write a doctoral thesis as your reply.

ack-ack
Once again wasnt bashing the bks. It was more of towards hub, and the bks jumped in and tried to make it seem that way. If you read the post topic it said Attn: "HUB" Not attn: The bks

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2005, 05:43:22 PM »
Show me one post were I or any other member of the 479th has gone into a squad thread and ridiculed anyone that wasn't a Raider. I think you're confusing a recent thread that for some lame reason was bashing on the BKs.

As for bashing on planes that aren't a P-38, again that's silly. It's not my fault that a well flown P-38 is a match for any plane in this game.

I don't need to show you squat.

The people in the boards aren't stupid or blind - every time a thread with pilot, country, or plane comment come up, you will be there to go crap on it - and that's a guarantee.

I'll tell you this, though.

You are "legendary" among AHers, both Bishops and Rooks alike, and not all of it is associated with your flying skills.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2005, 06:09:16 PM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
I don't need to show you squat.

That's because your bluff got called and you had a crappy hand.  You should have folded earlier.

The people in the boards aren't stupid or blind - every time a thread with pilot, country, or plane comment come up, you will be there to go crap on it - and that's a guarantee. [/b]

Kettle meet pot...pot meet kettle.  Everytime anyone mentions the P-38 in any thread, you grow rabid and post rambling dissertations railing against the P-38.  Every heard of the word Hypocrit?  Fits you like a glove.

I'll tell you this, though.

You are "legendary" among AHers, both Bishops and Rooks alike, and not all of it is associated with your flying skills. [/B]

With the exception of a few the few that *****ed when the 479th moved to Bishoplandia, we've had a great welcome.  Even those that I had regularly fought when I was a Knight welcomed me with open arms and I've gotten to know them quite well and fly with my former foes quite often.  So I really don't think the Bishops hate me that much and have repeatedly asked that me and the 479th not to switch countries.  

As for what the Rookies think about me or the 479th?  Do you think I or anyone in the 479th really cares what a group of Rookies think?   Maybe most of the Rookies should care less about me and the 479th and maybe use that energy to get better so they wouldn't whine when they get smoked by a Raider.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 07:14:31 PM by Ack-Ack »

Offline Ratnick

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2005, 07:09:46 PM »
Bish are just (or mostly) interested in land grabbing? Rooks and Knits are more interested in fighting?

How is it that Bish get reset if Rooks and Knits aren't land grabbing?

I can't wait unitl we get subs in this game, I want to see if certain rooks will install screen doors then and try to convince everyone that it's a good idea.

We're all a bunch of guys n gals sitting in front of computers with a stick in our hand, let's try to stop making more of it than what it is.

Personalites and game play doesn't change with the icon you fly under.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2005, 07:49:42 PM »
When it comes bombing tool sheds, yes the Rookie talent pool is very deep.  Too bad the fighter pool is a tad more shallow.

Someone said earlier that the best fighter fights are between the Bishops and Knights.  He's right, at least against the Knights you have a chance of finding a decent or good 1v1.  The only thing you'll find on the Rookie side is either  a Rookie running or a Rookie hord.

ack-ack

I guess that's why Rooks have consistantly outkilled Bishops by 30% on average since beta, and Bishops have out-died Rooks by 30% since beta regardless of relative numerical disparities...Facts just don't support your BS AKAK, sorry..

Zazen

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2005, 08:04:45 PM »
When the other side opposing you out numbers the defenders 3-1, sure it's easy to roll things up.

Last night at A18, due to the low Bishop numbers we could only muster 2-3 defend a base being attacked by 15+.  Sure, those 15 got a lot of kills, it would be hard not to when you can put 3-4 guys on every defender.  Come to think of it though, the 2-3 defenders at A18 did manage to hold onto the base despite the overwhelming odds stacked against them.  Hmmm...mighty Rookies...

ack-ack

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2005, 09:14:41 PM »
Originally posted by parker00
Can you switch sides for a night or two without leaving your squad? If not I can just rejoin when i come back but didn't know if it would automatically boot me from the squad.

Parker, you can change sides every 6 hours or so, without having to leave or disband a squad.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2005, 10:39:31 PM »

As for the Rookies...they only skilled ones on that side are the members of the BKs and what is left of the AoMs.  Then those guys rotate to other countries for brief tours, the talent pool on the Rookie side dries up.  

ack-ack

oh really? Just the BKs eh?