Author Topic: Reality or fiction?  (Read 2418 times)

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
Reality or fiction?
« on: September 07, 2005, 04:47:36 PM »
I play the game a fair amount.....I read  subject post like "perk the B24", and all this talk about dive bombing Bombers wrecking the game.... bombers bombers are the evil...........For some  time I took this talk at face value... howerver been watching for some time now......... I don't see... or RARELY ever see what is so often talked about. It goes to show that if something is said over and over again most will beleive that it must be true. Truth howerer is in the ability of the premise to be demonstrated in fact..and the fact is I do not see this happening.....Things have gotten so bad that a few fighter pilots are no longer covert in their actions and motives ... but as in last night , demonstrate complete disregard in the most negative ways, overtly to anyone including their own team mates who are not the means to their own  selfish  ends.

They tell me honesty is the best policy: The truth I hope  should not violate any AH rules :

[

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Reality or fiction?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 05:01:59 PM »
I haven no idea what you're talking about as far as last night goes.

But main problems with bombers is this...

You have a set flying 15K (lets say), over a base, they took the time to get up there and fly ALL the way over there. Wouldnt it be a good idea to find out WHERE the bombs are needed?.......... Rather, I see time and time again... Guys in bombers dropping FH's, BH's (without a single plane trying to get up off the runway), while there's a goon waiting at the town which is up, and the VH is up with GV's pouring out like pissed off hornets.

and all this talk about dive bombing Bombers wrecking the game....

I have sat in the CV's 8 inch gun and blew you to smithereines probably 30-40 times, both you and tatertot, while you flew basicly INTO our CV. That shows no skill. Im sorry , but you asked. Wouldnt it be easier to just climb to 10k and drop the thing in a single pass? Much easier I say.

I was, and still am a big fan of bombers. I dont have the time to get up into them and fly them anymore but I like them none the less. I think they should be flown as such. With more than 500ft of air below their wings

Coming into a CV at 100ft off the deck, and pulling straight up just before the ack blows you to hell, release the bombs and hope they hit... That's just gay. Sorry, but you asked.

Its no different with FH's/BH's, VH's. Why not climb atleast to 5k? Maybe you dont do this 999, but I see god knows how many players, going into a base at 500ft off the runway and leveling hangers then blowing them selves up in the process. Then they want a congradulations for a job well done after they killed all the hangers.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Reality or fiction?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 05:34:25 PM »
If you ain't seen it you ain't looked 1/2 as hard enough.

Low alt bombers are 10 a penny.  Get on any Cv near a field with ammo up and 80 % of cons will be 100ft lancs / b24's.  I have no objection to ju88's with torps or KI67's.. just the W*****s that drop torps and pull up over cv and drop bombs also.  "Like that really happened..man"

Defend a field with 10 + cons inb and I'll guarantee at least 1 set of bombers at 500ft or lower.

As for folk gobbing off about hanger bangers....Ignore it becuase 1/2 the time these moaning fighter jokers are on the vulch of a pre arranged capture that they are selfishly unaware of.  They can't see beyond their gun sites 1/2 of um but the ammo's down acks dead vh dead,  town 1/2 dead and 15k+ bombers take out hangers & dot dar of a load of freindlies inb & goon text singing Paculiar Clarks "is town down"... " town down?" "is town down" (where all the lights are bright)

Low alt bomber freaks need teaching a leason and that leason should be F6 default for bombs away.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 05:36:53 PM by LYNX »

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
Reality or fiction?
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 05:59:19 PM »
I'm not sure I understand this thread, something bad happen last night?

Personally i don't really feel either way for buffs.  I don't like flying them but i do enjoy shooting them down.  This tour i've been doing an awful lot of anti-buff work +  HQ CAP in the spit 14.  I just felt like bit of a change to the usual furballing this tour.:)
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Scrap

• Silver Member
Reality or fiction?
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 06:18:29 PM »
With all due respect trip9s (respected foe) I see this more often than I would like to.  Now to drift off on a quasi-related tangent...

I was offline last night and relized just how porked the bomb bay model is in this game (at least for one bomber).  Try this sometime.  Take up a Lanc, open doors, fly inverted, drop ordinance.  THEN you can see how there is a VERY large margin of error allowing pile-its to get away with about anything in level bombers.

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
Nothing Personal
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 06:19:02 PM »
I've said this many times in many other posts...

When bombers take out the FHz, it does more that stop the vulching. It stops the fighting that was going on before the bombers got there. It makes the enemy come in even high than they were from another base. He|| it even slows down the capture because you're not hitting what needs to be hit to take the base. The Town. If you want to kill a hangar, kill the VH. That should the first thing down besides the ack at the base and in the town. The fighters can at least help against enemy planes. You kill the FHz and not the VH, you're taking the fighters out of the game.

Its to the point now, where the bombers arent getting the help that they should from the fighters (unless its a mission or squad op) because the fighters are tired of going to a fight and then 5 minutes later the hangars are down. Everyone wants to complain about the furballers, cuz they dont help take bases and what not. Well quit killing the fighter hangars, and maybe you'll get more help.

One more thing, you base grabbin' people... try not to pork the ord and troops at the base that you are about to take. It just prolongs the movement to the next base.

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
Re: Reality or fiction?
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 06:19:26 PM »
Originally posted by 999000
I play the game a fair amount.....I read  subject post like "perk the B24", and all this talk about dive bombing Bombers wrecking the game.... bombers bombers are the evil...........For some  time I took this talk at face value... howerver been watching for some time now......... I don't see... or RARELY ever see what is so often talked about. It goes to show that if something is said over and over again most will beleive that it must be true. Truth howerer is in the ability of the premise to be demonstrated in fact..and the fact is I do not see this happening.....Things have gotten so bad that a few fighter pilots are no longer covert in their actions and motives ... but as in last night , demonstrate complete disregard in the most negative ways, overtly to anyone including their own team mates who are not the means to their own  selfish  ends.

They tell me honesty is the best policy: The truth I hope  should not violate any AH rules :

[

Dude... I can't even understand that post. The divebombing does happen however. I've seen it 5 times and I only fly 2-3  hours a week.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Reality or fiction?
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 06:23:43 PM »
While I personally would rather have FH's always up and CV's never sunk so I can mindlessly furball endlessly 999, you are OK with me. CV's regenerate, other fights happen. Do what you like and dont worry about anything else.

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
Reality or fiction?
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 06:27:43 PM »
Originally posted by LYNX
Low alt bomber freaks need teaching a leason and that leason should be F6 default for bombs away.

I whole heartedly agree with this statement and I'm a bomber pilot. Granted I havent flown them much lately but they are what brought me to this game. I dont even have a problem with low alt bombing as long as the Heavies are dropping their bombs from the F6 position.

The diving right before target and dropping really has to go. Half the time those that dive on their target get blown up by their own bombs blast. There is one pilot I have shot down on more than a few occasions and thats all he does. I figure at some point it has to get boring but then again since its all he seems to know how to do I guess it doesnt for him.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Reality or fiction?
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2005, 07:10:27 PM »
I call BS.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Reality or fiction?
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2005, 08:06:15 PM »
Originally posted by LYNX

I agree 100%.

Not a shot at you 9's but the tree top Lancs/24's are lame as hell.

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
Reality or fiction?
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2005, 08:21:10 PM »
I'm with grits,  Do as you please,  does not matter anyway.  Someone, some where is gunna whine about something, its a fact of AH.   If you or anyone else tries to Play this Game the way everyone wants,  no telling how the hell your supposed to play.

One minute some person is yelling "kill the hangers", next general guy is yelling "dont kill the hangers".  Then 1 lone la7 upps and kills goon or m3 or troops, everyone is yelling why didnt you kill the hangers,  20 guys capn a field, 1 of the 20 yells  whos porkn the field,  1 of the 20 yells kill the ord.  

One mission is going to take a field, mission leader says kill the whole damn field,  you get there and the guys already there say dont kill the whole field, who in the f*** is porking.   Go through all this and ack is still up.      Try to take a base with out killing nothing is fine , til you lose the vulching cap,  then everyone says maybe we should have killed hangers, VH, and all.  

Then you have the defenders of the base you were tring to take saying, "ummmm send some more attackers last batch were defective" :)    thats alway funny stuff!

Besides all that you get the:   hey p51 why you running? ...    hey p51 why you turn and HO me? ....    hey la7 why you run from il2?  hey you wussie la7 driver your a big man killing a il2! ...  hey why do you have to vulch? ...    hey who didnt vulch that la7? it killed the troops! ..     hey what a sissy has to vulch my la7 on ground!  ....    hey all they do is pork every field! ....     hey who didnt kill the ord and troops at a23? ....      hey who in the hell porked a23 we were gunna take that field!....   hey how did you kill me? ...  hey nice warp!....    hey why B&Z?...    hey nice kill I was afk you loser! ....  hey get out of the wussie osty and fly ya loser!    hey get back in your osty and play ya ho'er!    Hey fly a real plane!   hey nice ram!  hey nice shot from 800 out hacker!  hey this hey that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!         and many more, to many to type.     go figure!

Forget tring to please anyone on AH,  theres always someone gunna cry about something,  go on about your business and enjoy yourself.   There is BLAH  BLAH BLAH!

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Reality or fiction?
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2005, 08:28:30 PM »
QHUAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

oh crap.

wrong topic.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Reality or fiction?
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2005, 08:49:02 PM »
I'm having a blast this tour with bombers!Mostly B24's and lancs..Hitting cities,strats and towns...Getting up to 17k and calling out to squaddies/countrymen "what needs slammin?"..Or callin out a feild and laying waste to most of the town in 2 passes...Then along come yer buddies to kill vh and cap.

A buff(or two) leading the way in hellish fun!
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Reality or fiction?
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2005, 08:55:05 PM »
Originally posted by SirLoin
I'm having a blast this tour with bombers!Mostly B24's and lancs..Hitting cities,strats and towns...Getting up to 17k and calling out to squaddies/countrymen "what needs slammin?"..Or callin out a feild and laying waste to most of the town in 2 passes...Then along come yer buddies to kill vh and cap.

A buff(or two) leading the way in hellish fun!

that's the way it's done. :aok
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.