Author Topic: Emotionally Torn  (Read 870 times)

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
Emotionally Torn
« on: September 29, 2005, 08:28:56 PM »
I used to love America.

Now days I only Love the idea that was The USA.

The USA doesn't exist anymore..not like it was intended to exist anyway.

I HATE the government, BOTH parties and ALL of their elected officials and good ole boy appointees.

So here is my dillema. Being in the US Military, I swore to support and defend the Constitution. Am I not doing my duty by not raising arms against this government?

Or am I treasonous because my dream would be to see it fall and replaced with something else?

I'll be honest. I only serve so that I can feed my family. I've become dependent on the Navy, as MOST of your career people are. Sure I joined at 17 years old with the idea that I was doing something great for myself and my country. But now it's just a job, and so specialized I am that I'm pretty much worthless on the "outside".

What do I do? Do I continue living this lie? Protecting the govt that I hate so much? Carrying out their policies?

The sad thing is..I look out across our oceans and theres just nowhere else to go thats not just as bad or worse than here.

I will say this. We as a country are way too arrogant. One day the Barbarians will be at our gates too...I hate to be here when that happens.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Emotionally Torn
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 08:36:33 PM »
Quite frankly you need to go talk to some competent help rather than a computer game bbs.  That, of course, is assuming your post is serious rather than a troll.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline superpug1

• Probation
  • Silver Member
Emotionally Torn
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 08:37:50 PM »
you could always move to key west. they are sorta their own country. Hmm, what about australia? its nice there.:noid

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
Emotionally Torn
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 09:01:19 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Quite frankly you need to go talk to some competent help rather than a computer game bbs.  That, of course, is assuming your post is serious rather than a troll.

What? So I have mental problems because I hate the government and disagree with all their policies and motives?

See that is part of America's problem. Everybody is so brainwashed to believe that "they" know what is best. Anyone who disagrees is unstable or dangerous to the public.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Emotionally Torn
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 09:29:00 PM »
Astac, I'm right there with you.  But I haven't served at all.

A mere 4 months ago I'd say I was a staunch republican, but every day I'm leaning more towards libertarian.

I'd love to give the government a clean sweap.  Kinda like taking it down by reloading windows on your computer.

But unfortunately, it WILL NOT happen unless there is a HUGE push against our civil rights.  While we are way past what we should be doing via the Constitution, people are feeble and don't realize this.  So unless they cancel the First, or take away the Second, you would be seen as a militant fighting all that is good.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
Emotionally Torn
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 09:32:58 PM »
LOL tell me i'm crazy now.

Soon you will see that overhtrowing your government is not only necesary, it's also a hell of a lot of fun!-Jello Biafra
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Emotionally Torn
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 09:44:29 PM »
someone needs to get you a wamburger. get over it times change. you have 2 chioces: evolve into what the wacky world has become, or live in the past like the hippies. The government is fluffied up and there's not a darn thing anyone can do about it. I would serve your country to feed your family. it's a job you know so stick with it. if you can't take knowing you are fighting for something you hate, get a new job. We are arrogent because we got the bombs. dennis leary will tell you all about it :aok

PS you're right i'm sure George and Abe are in their graves P.O'd at what the USA has become.

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
Emotionally Torn
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 09:47:35 PM »
Well it's about time for a revolution old chaps, if you feel this way, lets do something about it, but SHHH they are always watching....like the KGB....:noid
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Emotionally Torn
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 09:50:36 PM »
Just like I was always told as a kid:

It feels like it's going to snow, but it ain't a blizzard yet.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Emotionally Torn
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2005, 10:31:35 PM »
One of the reasons I got out of the Navy was because I didn't agree with the National foreign policy and I didn't feel it was worth it to leave my family behind as an instrument of that policy.

I still work for the Navy as a civilian and I'm fully aware of my hypocrisy.

But what the hell... it feeds the family.
sand

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
Emotionally Torn
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2005, 10:33:57 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
One of the reasons I got out of the Navy was because I didn't agree with the National foreign policy and I didn't feel it was worth it to leave my family behind as an instrument of that policy.

I still work for the Navy as a civilian and I'm fully aware of my hypocrisy.

But what the hell... it feeds the family.

The diference is I have to swear an oath to keep my job. With the morals I was raised with kinda causes me alot of conflict. Besides the hypocrasy of it.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Emotionally Torn
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2005, 10:39:45 PM »
You swear an oath to the constitution, not the government right?

I don't know how military beauracracy works, but would it be shooting yourself in the foot to file grievances over this?  Over the direction the government is headed?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Emotionally Torn
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2005, 10:40:18 PM »
Originally posted by ASTAC
The diference is I have to swear an oath to keep my job. With the morals I was raised with kinda causes me alot of conflict. Besides the hypocrasy of it.

Check out U.S. Code, Title 5, 3331. The only difference is the UCMJ.

I too, took an oath.
sand

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
Emotionally Torn
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2005, 10:43:04 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
You swear an oath to the constitution, not the government right?

I don't know how military beauracracy works, but would it be shooting yourself in the foot to file grievances over this?  Over the direction the government is headed?

Yeah, but the military oath also includes "Obey the order of the POTUS"

Thus swearing allegence at least to the executive branch.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Emotionally Torn
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2005, 10:46:08 PM »
Oh no... you've sworn allegiance to the Commander and Chief.

I'm pretty sure you could tell the Secretary of Labor to piss up a rope and you would be okay within your oath. ;)
sand