Author Topic: The End Times...  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
The End Times...
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2005, 02:52:43 PM »
BGB, you look a whole lot better than I ever suspected.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
The End Times...
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2005, 04:25:56 PM »
Hi Gents,

Figures this would be the first thread I'd post in after coming back from vacation, eh?

Looks like I'm one of the few members of the board not worrying about the end of the world (quite looking forward to it actually).

And no, I don't believe the world will end via a meteor, a plague, a nuclear, chemical, or biological exchange, or with apologies to the late Douglas Adams, the "coming of the great white handkerchief."

Rather, I believe that the Second Coming of Christ will be the end of what Paul called "this present evil age," and that following the final judgment there will be "a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away" where death, corruption, tears, sorrow and all the consequences of sin will no longer have any place.

Incidentally, the very fact that the world hasn't already ended via any of the apocalyptic scenarios already mentioned (particularly nuclear exchange) always seemed to me to be a great evidence of the hand of Divine Providence at work in history.

Does anyone really think that the reason Kruschev blinked and that the Indians and Pakistanis, Israelis and Arabs, haven't lobbed nukes at one another is due to the common sense and innate goodwill of man?
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
The End Times...
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2005, 04:41:58 PM »
Does anyone really think that the reason Kruschev blinked and that the Indians and Pakistanis, Israelis and Arabs, haven't lobbed nukes at one another is due to the common sense and innate goodwill of man?

So our only two choices are "innate goodwill" or "divine intervention"?

Kinda stacking the deck there aintcha?

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
The End Times...
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2005, 05:11:52 PM »
Seagoon, i respect you very much, its not always god will.  Its Mostly FEAR OF GOD  that stops you , i , them , isreali, Pakastani, Indiani, Ameriacn, Russian  and all the other "I and AN's"   from sending any any where.  
Nuclear weapons have always been a weapon of deturance.   Not of 1st strike.
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
The End Times...
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2005, 05:20:25 PM »
Originally posted by Geary420
Apparently you weren't at Oktoberfest with us on Sat. Night :)  But then again maybe you were... Do you know by chance what I did to get those Mardi Gras beads???
:rofl :rofl :rofl
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
The End Times...
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2005, 06:47:54 PM »
Seagoon,

Does anyone really think that the reason Kruschev blinked and that the Indians and Pakistanis, Israelis and Arabs, haven't lobbed nukes at one another is due to the common sense and innate goodwill of man? - SG

It doesn't necessarily follow that it is the hand of God.  God has allowed all kinds of awful things to happen.  God has already allowed huge decimations of populations, so why wouldn't he allow a nuclear war?  Are you suggesting that God is waiting for something to happen before the end of the world can begin?
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
The End Times...
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2005, 07:13:12 PM »
*warning!!* (flings arms in air) *danger!!*
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.