Author Topic: Rooks and Knights Unite to Defeat Bish Fun Killers  (Read 4624 times)

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
Rooks and Knights Unite to Defeat Bish Fun Killers
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2005, 02:14:34 PM »
Totally Deluxe....... to all involved ......

CHECKERS........
Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2005, 02:15:46 PM »
you can capture bases and reset map without ever laying a hand on those three center fields.  the only reason anyone would take those fields is to be an ******.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2005, 02:22:58 PM »
lol losers taking all the bases at FT. Nothing more disturbing than seeing bish circle jerk over their own fields. Only bish.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2005, 02:25:14 PM »
Originally posted by MadSquirrel
I am sorry, but if there is a map room people will capture it.  And not just Bishops.  Knights will and so will Rooks.  Don't fool yourself.  Bishops just got it first this time.

LTARsqrl    :aok

I believe you are absolutely correct.

However, that does not change the fact that Fightertown, like Tanktown on the Trininty map, is designed to provide a place for some folks to "specialize" in a particular play style without impacting "normal" gameplay on the rest of the map.

So, anyone who would capture bases in Fightertown (or Tanktown) does so knowing that they are denying other players the specifially designed place to enjoy their specialized brand of fun.

If you wish to play capture the flag, please do so. You ~98% of a huge 512x512 map to do so.

If someone insists on denying others their particular pleasure on the tiny part of the map designed just for that aspect of the game.... that person and all who help him are complete Jackaxes.

Just my .02.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2005, 02:27:59 PM »
Woohoo!   Karaya has made the daily news!   WTG Man!  ;)

Sounds like even thou taking it was not fashionalbe,  taking back those bases entertained the multitudes.  

Ill talk to Bullethead about having Karaya Scrubbed down with Steel Wool and diesel fuel to get that Knight stink off him.  

Thanks for the good read!

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2005, 02:30:53 PM »
Originally posted by MadSquirrel
MOSQ, I agree.  To me FT is a waste of time.  But what I read is that it took both Rooks and Knights to take it back.  Rooks and Knights had just as much opportunity to defend those bases in the beginning as the Bishops did.  They failed.  Then some Bishops monopolized on that and took the bases.

I have never spent time in FT.  I believe the game is more like RISK.  Capture the map.  Why else have Map Rooms?  If all players want to do us Furball, buy MS Combat Flightsim 3 and play online.  Nothing but boring furballs no stop.

Does FT have troops there or do all troops have to be flown in?  When there is a field, does it have to have a town/Map Room?  If you just want to Furball, then why not got to the DA or make a "Special Furball" Room?

I am sorry, but if there is a map room people will capture it.  And not just Bishops.  Knights will and so will Rooks.  Don't fool yourself.  Bishops just got it first this time.

LTARsqrl    :aok

You have GV town on most of the other maps ... how would you like it if you were told to go to the DA for gv spawncamping ???

I know how the bishorcs work ... when the numbers are low or to the adv .they run around grabbin bases in the least amount of resistance areas .. its been there MO for years now.

they should disable troops in fighter town ...
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2005, 02:38:17 PM »
The best thing to do for fighter town is just to not have any towns attached to the airfields.

No town, no capture is possible.

Let those Bish who screwed up the furball fun try to take a base without a town.

It should be a simple fix to the map that would require no programming.

Fighter Town on Sunday night was the most fun I have had in AH in months.

And entertainment is why I fly this sim.

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2005, 02:52:05 PM »
some Bish thought it was wrong to capture it,
and didnt offer resistance when it was eventually liberated

Wtg Nits and Rooks
Cooleyof 367th

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.leedsstarafc.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2005, 02:59:38 PM »
this secenario is almost as bad as nits or rooks taking out TankTown on trinity map, kinda sucks but all countries do it so...................

Pot, Kettle get my drift? :rofl

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2005, 03:09:19 PM »
Originally posted by Hammy
this secenario is almost as bad as nits or rooks taking out TankTown on trinity map, kinda sucks but all countries do it so...................

Pot, Kettle get my drift? :rofl

Still don't make it right.

2 wrongs...Get my drift?

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2005, 03:11:04 PM »
Like MOSQ was saying... FT is for just that, Fighters!  Yeah in Tank Town you get the occasional JABO guy that rolls in, heck I do it with and IL-2 alot but hen I just spot for the other Rooks in GV's and try to cover them from incoming fighters and bombers.  Karaya did the right thing, sometimes you have to team with your enemy to take care of the other one! :aok
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2005, 03:40:29 PM »
wtg Karaya and crew, sorry I missed out :aok

Offline MadSquirrel

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2005, 04:08:00 PM »
Killnu: you can capture bases and reset map without ever laying a hand on those three center fields. the only reason anyone would take those fields is to be an ******.

True, and we know that only the Bish do that.  Right?  Guess again.  Like I said, they just managed it first.  Don't make Rooks and Knights out to be any better or any worse than any other side.  Been to them all.  Each side has an equal number of all types of players.  Some just think they are better.

Morpheus:  lol losers taking all the bases at FT. Nothing more disturbing than seeing bish circle jerk over their own fields. Only bish.

See above.

Toad, I know why it is there.  And I asked about the Towns at fields because I agree that if there were not map rooms they couldn't be captrued thus removing this entire post.  

Roscoroo:  You have GV town on most of the other maps ... how would you like it if you were told to go to the DA for gv spawncamping ???

I know how the bishorcs work ... when the numbers are low or to the adv .they run around grabbin bases in the least amount of resistance areas .. its been there MO for years now.

they should disable troops in fighter town ...

Lets get this clear on the outset.  First, "I" have nothing.  "We" as a community have "GV Towns".  GV Spawn Camping is exatcly the same as Airfield Vulching.  Don't even make it sound like it is "Dirty" without condeming vulching in the same breath.  I don't like getting vulched any more than I like getting camped.  But it exists on ALL sides.  

And as for the "MO" of the Bish.  See the above post about Rooks and Knights not being any better or Worse than Bish.  Numbers are low?  For Bish that is almost every night.  Guess that is how come we win most maps.  :rolleyes:

AKFokerFoder+:  The best thing to do for fighter town is just to not have any towns attached to the airfields.

No town, no capture is possible.

Let those Bish who screwed up the furball fun try to take a base without a town.

I agree.  Make it uncaptrueable.  Solve the problem.  But, again, don't point the finger at only the Bish.  They just got there first.  I am not proud of it, but again, they did it on their own.

Cooley, well said.  And totally true.  And I agree, well done Rooks/Knights.

Hammy:  Very true.  And all sides do it.

Clifra Jones:  Again, I agree.  But wag that finger at all sides.  FT is for Fighter Jocks, Tank Town for GVers.  And we all know that Rooks, Knights and Bish never fly in with Buffs and Carpet bomb the GVs, or orbit in Jobos and strafe GVs for the kill just to pad the score board.  Or take the GV bases just like Bish did in FT.  

ChristCAF:  Occasional Jabo?  Ya ever spend any time there on the ground?  If it isn't multipule formations of Lancs 100 foot of the deck because there are few if any Osties, it is JU87s with the Nuke bombs, P-47Ns with almost the same.  Or, just Ponys straffing so they get the kill when you put a 75mm round into someones turret.  I saw it as a Knight, I saw it as a Rook and I see it as a Bish also.

SO, with all that said.  We all agree that FT should be left alone.  Some agree that TT should be left alone.  Will it happen?  No.  Are the Rooks and Knights the little saints some make them out to be?  NO.  But neither are the Bish so we may as well let that be.

If FT is to be "Left Alone" remove the map rooms.  That will fix it.  Not sure why they are there unless they can't be removed.  And for those of you still willing to point the finger at the Bish for "Spoiling the Fun" at FT.  I guess that means your side won't be taking any bases in Tank Town from now on.  Right?   :rofl

LTARsqrl  

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2005, 04:18:57 PM »
Karaya called me on the Red Phone, asking if I would help out in the liberation of Fighter Town.  I told him I would do what I can to rallly the Knights to the cause, and proceded to Private Message FBDred, and GooseCH for some support.  They both jumped on board, threw together a mission, and off we went.  ( To the FB's and CH's for their immediate support)

Can't stress enough how hard it is to capture a field crossing two sectors and 20,000' mountains.  Our first attack durn near had it, but taking a field that far away, when the enemy has a nearby field is really, REALLY hard.  Even with light resistance (I saw as many as 15 bish at one time defending a94) to accomplish a capture like this was more than difficult, but the Knights all showed their mettle and we pushed forward with zeal.

For the next wave, the knit's were tricklin' in in smaller #'s, and managed to cap A94 (our target) several times, but either nme gv's were there in force, or the goon got popped, or some such thing.  We kept up the pressure, and finally the Rooks managed to take a21.   to the Rooks! GREAT JOB!  

The Rooks then upped a21 in force, and capped a94 with us.  It was quite a sight.  I almost shed a tear when I came in w/ a fully loaded p38 and found a94 swarmed with allied Rook and Knight fighters and bombers, flying side by side.  Heck, I even called in the goon with little Knit's in the area, such was the trust we had.  We took it without any friendly fire incidents (I was amazed) and Figther Town was back as it should be.

GREAT FUN! I much appreciate the efforts of both the Knights and the Rooks in smacking down the Bishops.  We got the field, and an awesome furball developed in Fighter Town.

Karaya, what can I say.  You good people .  To all the Rooks that assisted in the effort, I also give a heartfelt .  Knit's couldn't have done it without you.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline mauser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2005, 04:20:20 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
lol losers taking all the bases at FT. Nothing more disturbing than seeing bish circle jerk over their own fields. Only bish.

I agree to some extent.  The donut map is great!  I really appreciate having FT there because I don't have hours everyday to spend playing this game.  When I do play, I find the most bang for the buck is a good furball and not a gangbang (giving or receiving).  There is no need to touch FT to win the war.  

The only thing I disagree with you here is the bish part.  I would have been disappointed to log on and find no action in the FT, and all three fields monopolized by any one of the chess pieces.  I'm sure there are others who feel the same.

others like Sqrl and Cooley
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 04:24:46 PM by mauser »