Author Topic: Rooks and Knights Unite to Defeat Bish Fun Killers  (Read 4626 times)

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Rooks and Knights Unite to Defeat Bish Fun Killers
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2005, 04:22:35 PM »
Originally posted by MadSquirrel

Clifra Jones:  Again, I agree.  But wag that finger at all sides.  FT is for Fighter Jocks, Tank Town for GVers.  And we all know that Rooks, Knights and Bish never fly in with Buffs and Carpet bomb the GVs, or orbit in Jobos and strafe GVs for the kill just to pad the score board.  Or take the GV bases just like Bish did in FT.  

LTARsqrl  

Didn't wag it at either side. Just made a point. 2 wrongs do not make a right (but 3 lefts do)

Taking tank town is no different than taking fighter town. All sides do it and none of them are right in doing it. I am Bish and we have some good GVers in our squad. I fly cover for them a lot in Tank Town and it never fails that the hoards of Lancs and dive bombers come in once they start killin' the Nits and Rooks GVs. We can't stop them all and their fun gets stopped. Been a while since I've seen Bish take Tank Town but I'm sure it happens.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2005, 04:35:36 PM »
Originally posted by MadSquirrel
Toad, I know why it is there.  And I asked about the Towns at fields because I agree that if there were not map rooms they couldn't be captrued thus removing this entire post.  
LTARsqrl  

HT has always said there cannot be an "uncapturable" fields. He has never said that some planes/vehicles cannot be disabled at some, all or any fields.

So, you will always have the map rooms. Capture could be made more difficult by disabling any troop carrying vehicle and all bombers in the FT bases. But capture would still be possible if enough jackaxes wanted to climb the mountains from outside and do it.

What it really boils down to is... jackaxes. Fightertown doesn't affect MA gameplay just like Tanktown doesn't affect MA gameplay. It's just folks with a common interest doing what they like to do in the game without bothering anyone else who doesn't care to participate.

But there's always the jackaxes that have to try to deny someone else's fun. Griefers.

Fact 1: Reset can be achieved without any of the FT bases being captured.

Fact 2: Players playing in FT have absolutely no effect on the "war" to reset the MA.

Fact 3: Only a jackaxe would participate in an attempt to capture a FT base.

Thank you, and good night.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

storch

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2005, 04:35:37 PM »
:rofl :cry :rofl  great AAR

Offline MadSquirrel

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2005, 04:37:09 PM »
Sorry Clifra, mis-read your post.  

Just don't want anyone thinking that their side is any better or worse than the others.  

This thread started out as a good write about a fun fight.  But then tended towards condeming one side for "Spoiling our Fun".  Leading one to believe that if there side had gotten the chance, they would not have done it.  I got news for them.

At any rate.  Keep up the good writes and good fights.  They are REALLY fun to read.

Salute all.

LTARsqrl  

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2005, 04:38:02 PM »
You "adults" we're bickering like 5 year olds about who gets the tonka truck first.  Grow up.  Glad to see someone had the bwalls to actually do something   Karaya
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline Panzullo

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Record Straight MOSQ
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2005, 05:03:45 PM »
MosQ,

Herbalife I am, Fighter town Base captures I did not! I logged on and they were already taken. But I did Commence a whooping on the Nights and Rooks as they began their ultimately successful re-take.

Thanks for all the kills, perks and most of all the fun. Yes it is just a game for me. I love to Fight each and everyone one of you in the virtual skies. I do enjoy a good friendly pilot war with several of the better fighters, Shawk ,Wmlute, and Leviathn.

PS kill me if you can, Does any one sell a product that will help me not up at capped fields? I can't control myself.

Herbalife

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2005, 05:26:49 PM »
Originally posted by nirvana
You "adults" we're bickering like 5 year olds about who gets the tonka truck first.  Grow up.  Glad to see someone had the bwalls to actually do something   Karaya

i agree everyone was crying on ch 200 when we took FT . and i agree with nirvana glad to see someone was smart enough to take it back instead of crying about it karaya
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline MINNOW

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2005, 06:06:21 PM »
Originally posted by viper215
i agree everyone was crying on ch 200 when we took FT . and i agree with nirvana glad to see someone was smart enough to take it back instead of crying about it karaya

EXACTLY!!!!!    All everyone did was cry about it until this...

for sacking up and getting it back

:aok

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2005, 06:10:53 PM »
ANY HORDE of HO'n 10 year olds could take the FT bases. Oh wait.... they did. BOPs, Toolsheds and Hordes! :aok

Ps... Paper or plastic?

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2005, 06:24:01 PM »
Great write up MOSQ, felt like it happened just yesterday :P

I came on during Monday Night Football halftime to get in a few quick FT fights and found it bish. I voiced my opinion on 200. Then Karaya said hey Filth tune 170.  The rest is as recorded by MOSQ.  I missed a good football game for this. At 3am I finally said goodnight.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 06:53:49 PM by FiLtH »

~AoM~

Offline Blackwulf

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2005, 06:25:40 PM »
I know I don't post on these boards too often, though I do read them quite a bit, but may I toss my 2 cents in?
Firstly I agree that this was a very entertainiing writeup, Kudos to MOSQ!
I also agree that we are all guilty, to one degree or another, of doing things that may hack off someone in-game, and that finger wagging is rather non-productive.
My proposal is, in short, an acknowledged "gentlemen's agreement" not to capture FT or TT bases.  I realise this would not be directly enforceable, but one of the trends in online games is that over time, unwritten rules develop, usually in response to situations such as this.  There will always be those who disregard them, but peer pressure can do a lot to maintain them. I will not bore everyone with examples unless requested. :)
We would have to take it upon ourselves to pass the word, and also educate newcomers regarding this; but frankly if it was generally accepted that taking these bases was improper behavior, it would be much more difficult for those who wish to take the bases to gather enough forces to do so.
Just my thoughts on the subject, for what they're worth.

Blackwulf

Who is now wondering if he just proposed the AH version of the Geneva Convention.....

Offline RobMo68

• Nickel Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2005, 07:00:15 PM »
I'd have to say that capturing the FURBALL Island with Grillman, Getsome and others (on OZ! b4 U ask toto) from the "BREW CREW"  was and is part of the fun of that map!
But takin TT or FT is a pointless exibition of "WE TOOK IT, NOW COME TAKE IT BACK" and ruins the fun of those maps! And yes I have partakin in the retalliatory raids to TAKE THEM BACK from the OFFENDERS! But if the Biotches get off on ruining others fun, HOW DO YA LIKE ME NOW, (even though I haven't been to the MA in months) :D ! to Karaya and his KROOKS and Lute and the Knights for workin together and kickin some "BIOTCH'*SS" when it was needed!
Speed68a
Special Forces Wing: POTW nUb:"Get outta my mud, biotch"

+~WARPIGS RACING~+
ERL S3R9 Winner

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2005, 08:15:21 PM »
Wish I could have been there. Sounds like a great time. Just goes to show you that the old saying "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" holds true today.

Way to go guys. BIG to those that took them back.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2005, 08:33:05 PM »
hehe FUNNY furball WHAT CANT THE BOPS do!!!!
               - www.bops.us -

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2005, 08:36:15 PM »
and it wasent just a bop mission it was all the bish. a few 262s could have stopped the bombers but all ya just did was say how lame we were to take FT:rolleyes:
               - www.bops.us -