Author Topic: Crazed people of Isam vs Peaceful US?  (Read 4093 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Crazed people of Isam vs Peaceful US?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2001, 04:35:00 PM »
Guys like thrawn, and hotseat, over at ien, are a good reminder to us.  If you are looking for a helping hand, look at the end of your own arm.

I am prepard to use anybody, climb into bed with ANY country,  What ever it takes to kill these goat herders.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2001, 04:42:00 PM »
Guess you are right easymo.  I will just delete it.  Thought it fit nicely with whats happened.  Guess not.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2001, 04:46:00 PM »
Hey Skuzzy.  diddly him. Leave it up.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2001, 04:47:00 PM »
Nah easymo.  I should not foist my opinions on anyone.  We have enough problems without me trying to stir up some patriotism.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2001, 05:07:00 PM »
LOL  Ya, diddly me.  Cripes, do you guys want to go through this toejam again, in another 10 years?

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: Thrawn ]

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2001, 05:27:00 PM »
Skuzzy,

For what it's worth I think you should repost it. It was a good read and extremely relevent.

Thrawn,

No we don't want this again in 10 yrs or in 5 yrs or in 6 months.  That's why we're going to stop it now.  These people (terrorist) are evil and don't rate high enough for oxygen intake, so we're going to take that away from them.

U

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2001, 05:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by Udie:
These people (terrorist) are evil and don't rate high enough for oxygen intake, so we're going to take that away from them.
U

I agree 110%.  Just don't want anyone to get into a situation where they're training and arming new ones.

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: Thrawn ]

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2001, 06:44:00 PM »
Rgr Discod... I see what you mean.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2001, 07:16:00 PM »
LOL Ya, diddly me. Cripes, do you guys want to go through this toejam again, in another 10 years?

Pay close attention to the "you guys" part of this tripe.  There will be more of this comming as time passes. It is easy to philosophize when its not your ox that is getting gored.  All we really need from them is to not get in the way.

Offline MrBill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2001, 07:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by easymo:

Pay close attention to the "you guys" part of this tripe.  There will be more of this comming as time passes. It is easy to philosophize when its not your ox that is getting gored.  All we really need from them is to not get in the way.

If they get to much in the way, just tag em and bag em, with their "friends"
We do not stop playing because we grow old
We grow old because we stop playing

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2001, 08:14:00 PM »
Careful... a lot of that footage (for example, party footage from Palestine) is considerably older than you may think. It's just been rebroadcast by those CNN idiots. Not to say that there aren't people doing these things, but apparently at least some of that footage is ten years old, and recycled. Be careful.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2001, 09:14:00 PM »
It is easy to philosophize when its not your ox that is getting gored.  All we really need from them is to not get in the way.

I fear this isn't really the case.  My country men and women died in the same incident your's did.  My country men and women are going to continue dying beside your's during this war.  I think this gives me a right to engage in a dialog about how to prevent a similar incident.  After all the US gov't seems to feel it has a right to try and dictate what the laws of Canada should be. (Search for info on the North American Defense Perimeter)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2001, 10:26:00 PM »
Ispar - yer refering to a rumour started by a college student in Brazil and subsequently denied by him and the school's faculty when that rumour became out of control. The video you're refering to was shot on the day of the attack.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2001, 12:27:00 AM »
In spite of what a couple of Canadians think, this whining about who we gave arms too. And who we aligned ourselves with in the past. Is childish and dangerous.

Even a cursory review of 20th century history shows allies becoming enemies, enemies becoming allies, in a seemingly, constant rotation.  If we wait until we have a perfect alignment of allies, before we defend ourselves.  We will be ancient dust before it happens.

Right now, doubt is as dangerous to us as bombs. We can indulge in introspection when this is over. We can rend our clothes. beat our breasts. And berate ourselves until our hearts content. We can finger point, until our fingers wear out.  But right now we have to be a bullet with no concern for anything but finding the target.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2001, 07:59:00 AM »
In spite of what a couple of Canadians think,

Nash was the only other Canadian, as far as I know, to post in this tread.  He neither stated that agreed or disagreed with my statements.

Even a cursory review of 20th century history shows allies becoming enemies, enemies becoming allies, in a seemingly, constant rotation.

And seemingly in a constant rotation they turn and bite you in the ass.

If we wait until we have a perfect alignment of allies, before we defend ourselves.  We will be ancient dust before it happens.

I never said you should wait for the perfect allignment of allies.  I said, "To bad your kid is hanging around dictators (Pakistan) and terrorists (Northern Alliance) again. You think he would learn."
You  seem to think it's a good idea.  Even a cursory review of 20th century history shows that it has not been very successful in the long run.

Right now, doubt is as dangerous to us as bombs. We can indulge in introspection when this is over. We can rend our clothes. beat our breasts. And berate ourselves until our hearts content.

Skeptism of a goverment's actions, and questioning them, is part of a healthy democracy at anytime.  And I sincerly hope that the Northern Alliance doesn't decide to launch a 'jihad' agains the US, while you rend your clothes and beat your breast.  

But right now we have to be a bullet with no concern for anything but finding the target.

Action without thought, doesn't sound like a very successful strategy.

[ 09-25-2001: Message edited by: Thrawn ]