Author Topic: Crazed people of Isam vs Peaceful US?  (Read 4095 times)

Offline discod

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.millionaire.com
Crazed people of Isam vs Peaceful US?
« on: September 24, 2001, 11:48:00 AM »
I have been looking at the AP photos daily and I am seeing a striking trend.  What's the deal, 6000 american form dozens of nationalities are dead, you'd think we would be the ones in the streets burning flags and Carring pictures of the earth with a hole in it where Afghanistan once was, but that's not what I'm seeing.

What's the deal???

USA

PAKISTAN

INDONISIA

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: discod ]

Offline indian

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2001, 01:10:00 PM »
You notice it done over in thier own country. I will still defend the flag to this day burn it and you burn with it.

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2001, 01:10:00 PM »
Walking sandbags.

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline newguy2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2001, 01:15:00 PM »
Keep in mind alot of the stuff you'll see is staged propaganda. It's to make us hide under our beds. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2001, 01:45:00 PM »
because we are civilized and they are stinking, sand eating, murdering animals ...
I sure hope that is politically correct, I'd hate to upset anyone sympathetic to their cause...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2001, 02:27:00 PM »
Go on Eagler, say the words. You know you want to...

'Ragheads' vs 'Civilisation'?

Treat any demonstration with a healthy dose of salt. Most are staged by either the reigning government (take the demonstrations in Iraq, for example) or by militant opposition groups (take the demonstrations in Pakistan, for example).

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: Dowding ]
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2001, 02:30:00 PM »
I am growing impatient like a lot of other people.  I have to remind myself that a big show means body bags. Let them take there time and do it right.  Same result, fewer American casualties.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2001, 02:34:00 PM »
Guys, remember that "the People of Islam" are not the enemy. It bothers me when people do not differentiate between normal believers and terrorists.

Maybe you meant "terrorists" when you said "Crazed people of Islam." I don't know. I do know that we can't afford the confusion between the two. Bin Laden would love to see a backlash in America against the people of Islam. Be careful about this. There are thousands of gentle Islamic people here and abroad who are horrified by terrorism. My Islamic doctor has had bomb threats already called into his office! Please think about what you are saying before you say it out loud or put it in writing.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2001, 02:50:00 PM »
I do not want to kill anyone and I do not want anyone to kill me.

If it means leaving the middle east and removing our influence then lets do it.  Also, give no financial aid or any other aid for that matter, to any nation that openly hates america or subverts western culture.
We should look away and never again act when any population becomes victimized by its own governing structure (ie somalia, afganistan).
Too damned bad.  They can fight their own wars or live in self imposed slavery.
Im tired of americans dying for what we belive in on behalf of people who are not american and obviously dont want our help to begin with.

Leave those people alone to their own devices and immediately begin exploring other methods of energy to deny them their hold on our economic needs.

As far as Isreal is concerned they are quite capable of taking care of themselves.

Only problem here is what do we do if half the world becomes openly militant towards the other half?  maybe its better to fight a dozen smaller wars than one great big huge fireball.

Maybe its all unavoidable anyway.  Peace is no longer something we should consider as being a naturally occuring event n our way of life.

I dont know.

Y

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: Yeager ]
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2001, 03:03:00 PM »
Even if state sponsored, there's a marked difference in the gatherings.  There certainly have not been thousands in the US gathering to support a war against the evil people.

Anyways, if you want to believe bin Laden, it is a war against us Christian and Jewish cross-hugging freaks.  Fortunately we're at war with terrorism and not Muslims.

The fax:

To our Muslim brothers in Pakistan, peace be upon you.

"The news of the death of our brother Muslims in Karachi while expressing their opposition to the crusade of American forces and their allies on Muslim lands Pakistan and Afghanistan has reached us with great sorrow.

"We ask God to accept them as martyrs and to join them with the prophets, the caliphs and the martyrs and those of goodwill and to provide for their families. Those who are left behind children are my children and I will, God willing, take care of them.

"It's not a surprise that the Muslim nation in Pakistan will die defending Islam. It is considered on the front line of defending Islam. As Afghanistan was on the front line of defending itself and Pakistan during the Russian invasion more than 20 years ago.

"We hope that these brothers will be the first martyrs in the battle of Islam in this era against the new Jewish and Christian crusader campaign that is led by the Chief Crusader Bush under the banner of the cross.

"We tell our Muslim brothers in Pakistan to use all their means to resist the invasion of the American crusader forces in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

"I convey to you good news my beloved brothers that we are steadfast in the way of jihad following in the footsteps of the prophet -- peace be upon him -- with the believing heroes, the people of Afghanistan and under the leadership of our prince the warrior Mullah Mohammed Omar.

"We ask God to make us defeat the infidels and the oppressors and to crush the new Jewish-Christian crusader campaign on the land of Pakistan and Afghanistan.

"If God allows you to win, there will be no defeat; if he chooses that you will be defeated nothing will allow you to win. Therefore, depend on God.

"Your brother in Islam, (signed) Osama bin Muhammed bin-Laden"

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2001, 03:24:00 PM »
"If it means leaving the middle east and removing our influence then lets do it. Also, give no financial aid or any other aid for that matter, to any nation that openly hates america or subverts western culture.
We should look away and never again act when any population becomes victimized by its own governing structure (ie somalia, afganistan).
Too damned bad. They can fight their own wars or live in self imposed slavery.
Im tired of americans dying for what we belive in on behalf of people who are not american and obviously dont want our help to begin with."

My reaction the first, time I was shot at, may have been typical for a greenie.  I had a moment of true panic.  Im ashamed to admit that the thought of running did occur to me.  As I looked around for a place to run to I remembered where I was. The area behind me was just a dangerous as that in front of me.  I realized that the right thing to do was stick with my people and do my job.

As long as we are one of the "haves" in a world full of "have not's",we will never be safe.  It is in our own self interest to help people of other nations (if they ask for it) to find there way to a free and democratic form of government.  The simple act of letting a man receive the reward for his own efforts is very powerful. In time they will enjoy the same fruits of freedom that we take for granted. And would have no reason to attack us

Pulling back and turning ourselves into "fortress America" would be very foolish in the long run.

Offline discod

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.millionaire.com
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2001, 03:41:00 PM »
Originally posted by Gunthr:
It bothers me when people do not differentiate between normal believers and terrorists.

Maybe you meant "terrorists" when you said "Crazed people of Islam." I don't know.

Actually what I meant was that the pictures that the AP are posting are making Americans think that eveyone in Islamic nations are flag burning anti-US gun waving maniacs.

I realize that in reality these demonstrations may only represent the sentimates of a handful of people in these countries, but the way the press is covering it, it appears much differently.

I also see the great power that the propaganda demostrations can have on a potential war, it makes Americans think everyone in those countries would kill and American on sight and then burn his dead body at the stake.

Maybe we should try some reverse propoganda like:

"In India today 1,000 people gathered in support of destroying America.  In a country of 900,000,000 people we can take that to mean that they don't really give a crap about BinLaden either"

Or

"Today in Pakistan 500 students gathered to protest america, burning flags and waving guns.  Also today in New York City, 10,000 Muslims gathered in conjunction with over 200,000 Muslims nationwide in a memorial tribute to those lost in the terrorist attacks"

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: discod ]

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2001, 03:43:00 PM »

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: Skuzzy ]
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2001, 03:55:00 PM »
To bad your kid is hanging around dictators (Pakistan) and terrorists (Northern Alliance) again.  You think he would learn.

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: Thrawn ]

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2001, 04:32:00 PM »
Thanks Thrawn,...your support is appreciated.

Truly so easy to find a negative in anything anyone would say.  

This little diatribe I wrote is something my wife and I are working on for an annual pilgrimage to New York, on 9/11 of each year.  
Tradition is big in our family, as we firmly beleive without tradition we may forget some of the things we should never forget.

Thought I would share with the community what we had come up with so far to say once we gotten to New York.

Seems we are off the mark, according to your review.  Thanks for the input.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com