Author Topic: Furball arena ?  (Read 1085 times)

storch

Furball arena ?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2005, 08:56:52 AM »
in one thread lazs claims to have 17,0000 (yes an additional zero which is it lazs?) perks and here another velvetty type 19,000.  I'm impressed with these perkyonaires.  wtg blue velvet safety squad.  it must be true, lap dances do pay well.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Furball arena ?
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2005, 09:04:37 AM »
17,000 plus... I will have to check.   I don't believe it was me that said 19.000...  Maybe slap?  everyone in our squad has thousands of perkies at any given time...

They are ridiculously easy to get.... If you own a joystick..

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Furball arena ?
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2005, 09:14:53 AM »
I thought Slapshot flew with a mouse?

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Furball arena ?
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2005, 09:21:30 AM »
Originally posted by Noir
I hope you are ready to get insulted by half the members of the "place the name here" squad !

Am off to bed so I'll leave this post to the horde, please be nice to each other and respect the topic :p

I've been taken to task and flamed by many. I've learned that MOST days it's just words on a screen. No worries for me.

And it didn't take long for the thread to take a turn.

Noir ,

My biggest concern for this Game right now , which I enjoy a lot , is the current way the daggers and insults are flying back and forth. EACH crowd , be it Furballers (of which I fall into) and Toolshedders (of which I have been long ago) have a place.

Getting each group to find middle ground looks to be impossible for the most part.

Bombers have no business in FT. IMO:) I also think , ther should be more comms. betwen the 2 said types , trying to know if the shedders are coming to take a base they feel is important to the effort they are trying to do. Furballers can simply move the fight. I know I have started MANY furballs with a couple of squaddies that turned into great fun.

Right now , IMO , thers not much give and take and ALOT of grief.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Furball arena ?
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2005, 09:43:53 AM »
Originally posted by storch
in one thread lazs claims to have 17,0000 (yes an additional zero which is it lazs?) perks and here another velvetty type 19,000.  I'm impressed with these perkyonaires.  wtg blue velvet safety squad.  it must be true, lap dances do pay well.

I only have about 206:( :cry
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Furball arena ?
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2005, 10:01:55 AM »
Newsflash:  Furballers and ground pounders have never gotten along in this game.  Their goals considerably differ from one another, and success in one often reduces success in the other.  As such, neither side shares a lot of common ground, and both sides ridicule one another.

This is really nothing new.  Look up the term "toolshed" in the search engine, and I guarantee you that you'll find stuff that goes back three or four years at least.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Furball arena ?
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2005, 10:09:02 AM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
Newsflash:  Furballers and ground pounders have never gotten along in this game.  Their goals considerably differ from one another, and success in one often reduces success in the other.  As such, neither side shares a lot of common ground, and both sides ridicule one another.

This is really nothing new.  Look up the term "toolshed" in the search engine, and I guarantee you that you'll find stuff that goes back three or four years at least.

-- Todd/Leviathn

I'm sure your probably correct Levi. I suppose I just haven't paid as much attention to it until recently. I would just move to another place. Sometimes a bit peeved at why I had to move , but would just move.

rekon it will never change....and will just continue to be a riff and ripple thru AH.

Perhaps , I'll just fly and do what I like , and my squaddies do the same , and just leave this fight and argument to the rest.

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
Furball arena ?
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2005, 10:56:08 AM »
Originally posted by RedTop

IMO if each map had this type of thing as FT on it , AND each type of player would RESPECT the other and thier style of gameplay , then quite possibly the need for TOD wouldn't even exsist. That's a stretch given all that has taken place between the Furballers and Strat players.

NOT a personal attack RedTop, but to even utter this, you got to be the world's biggest optimist or you've been flying in the MA with your eyes closed.
Not to give too much away here, but I've been online (in chats, games and other virtual  places) for more than 20 years.  This is the rudest, meanest, most anti-social, bad-behavior-is-king place I've ever seen.  If this is a community, its one filled with babies, whiners, bullies, cowards, bad boys, bull baiters and totally self-centered psychopathic teenie weenies (with apologies to those few in here who actually respect other people).  And yes, IMO its got liars and cheaters too.
So, there is no way an all too significant number are NOT going to respect a damn thing, let alone the desires of someone else trying to enjoy themselves in this game in their own way.
I certainly wish it were otherwise.  For myself, I try to respect the skill and 'game' of even those who shoot me down (vulchers are a little harder, but I still try), meet people and make a few friends.  In fact, its pretty much how I behave in real life.  I don't know any other way.  Makes me think most people behave in here as they really are, too.  Pitiful isn't it.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Furball arena ?
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2005, 02:59:14 PM »
This is the rudest, meanest, most anti-social, bad-behavior-is-king place I've ever seen

LOL sloehand I often asked myself how AH could concentrate so many crazy and rude people in one place, but I think the answer is in the game theme. Seriously I've been on the net for 10 years, never saw a place with so much violence ! maybe EVE online came close, but that game don't have any rules nor moderators :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 04:15:42 PM by Noir »
now posting as SirNuke

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Furball arena ?
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2005, 03:31:03 PM »
Originally posted by Sloehand
This is the rudest, meanest, most anti-social, bad-behavior-is-king place I've ever seen.  If this is a community, its one filled with babies, whiners, bullies, cowards, bad boys, bull baiters and totally self-centered psychopathic teenie weenies (with apologies to those few in here who actually respect other people).  And yes, IMO its got liars and cheaters too.
So, there is no way an all too significant number are NOT going to respect a damn thing, let alone the desires of someone else trying to enjoy themselves in this game in their own way..... Pitiful isn't it.

God just created another kitten.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Furball arena ?
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2005, 04:12:15 PM »
Originally posted by Sloehand
NOT a personal attack RedTop, but to even utter this, you got to be the world's biggest optimist or you've been flying in the MA with your eyes closed.
Not to give too much away here, but I've been online (in chats, games and other virtual  places) for more than 20 years.  This is the rudest, meanest, most anti-social, bad-behavior-is-king place I've ever seen.  If this is a community, its one filled with babies, whiners, bullies, cowards, bad boys, bull baiters and totally self-centered psychopathic teenie weenies (with apologies to those few in here who actually respect other people).  And yes, IMO its got liars and cheaters too.
So, there is no way an all too significant number are NOT going to respect a damn thing, let alone the desires of someone else trying to enjoy themselves in this game in their own way.
I certainly wish it were otherwise.  For myself, I try to respect the skill and 'game' of even those who shoot me down (vulchers are a little harder, but I still try), meet people and make a few friends.  In fact, its pretty much how I behave in real life.  I don't know any other way.  Makes me think most people behave in here as they really are, too.  Pitiful isn't it.

No personal anything taken Bud:)

I have been online for a while. Not as long as you , but a while. I'm in agreement to a point with what you say. There is a BUNCH of meaness here. BUT , I think it has only come ini the last couple of years. I have no idea why nor would I care to speculate. I only know it is different than when I first started playing back in 1999 I think it was. I was under a different ID then.

Anyway...things have changed. People change. They grow older and wiser , older and meaner , younger and smart , younger and mouthy smartelics...combos of all.

IMO talking smack has been raised to an entirely new level. It's not friendly banter anymore. It's mean degrading type. people want to get in your head and get even more of an edge.

Who knows. Is it has bad IMO as you think? Prolly not. But at times , it isn't far off.

Cheers Bud

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Furball arena ?
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2005, 04:31:42 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying

I don't remember this kind of discussion years ago.
And at this time the bomber used laser sight and bombed from 30k.

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
Furball arena ?
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2005, 04:36:33 PM »
This isn't a 'customer' prolem, it's HT's.. and he/they should fix it.

He engineered this game, it's created "clicks" of gamers who, despite being on the same 'team', are playing counter productive (to the 'goal') styles.

HT needs to figure out how the dogfighters can contribute to the overall 'team' goal. Perhaps the FT area can be a KOTH zone, whichever team can controll said zone for X period of time gets an undefended base awarded to that team.. from the team they most dominated. The bar should be set very high so that the dogfighters must emphisize teamwork to out dogfight the other teams for an extended period.

HT is a creative dude, I'm sure he could think of some way to get everyone contributing to the overall effort, no matter how they choose to twist their stick.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Furball arena ?
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2005, 05:20:52 PM »
nice analyse, again I didn't saw it from that angle.

A furball arena would be a quick fix, but a whole new gameplay would be the best. On the KOTH concept, the goal could be a quicker ressuplying of fields, with a multiplier that would influate the down time of destroyed objects.....the team with the best furballers would have a real advantage.

but I don't think the furballing concept is compatible with a real goal, cause furballing is fighting without a goal (at least IMO)
now posting as SirNuke

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Furball arena ?
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2005, 05:39:30 PM »
This isn't a 'customer' prolem, it's HT's.. and he/they should fix it.

He engineered this game, it's created "clicks" of gamers who, despite being on the same 'team', are playing counter productive (to the 'goal') styles.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I must respectfully disagree. "It" didn't create clicks , "We" the community did that. These clicks have differing outlooks on what the "Goal" is. I think that the "Goal" of winning the "War" is not counterproductive to the non- winning the "War" types , if they could be left alone. I certainly don't believe that the non-winning the "War" types have as big of an impact one the winning the "War" types  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HT needs to figure out how the dogfighters can contribute to the overall 'team' goal. Perhaps the FT area can be a KOTH zone, whichever team can controll said zone for X period of time gets an undefended base awarded to that team.. from the team they most dominated. The bar should be set very high so that the dogfighters must emphisize teamwork to out dogfight the other teams for an extended period.
I was think that there is a spot on ALOT of the maps where all 3 countries converge from the beginning. Why not make this the "Official" furball area" and the War types leave alone? Still the MA...Still have everything everyone wants...and all for the low low price of 14.95 a month 24 / 7 365.
HT is a creative dude, I'm sure he could think of some way to get everyone contributing to the overall effort, no matter how they choose to twist their stick.