Author Topic: Have you seen this Chinese pilot video?  (Read 2995 times)

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
Have you seen this Chinese pilot video?
« on: April 07, 2001, 05:47:00 PM »
javascript:vod('/video/world/2001/04/06/intv.china.pilot.chin.html')

It is on the CNN.com website. An interview with the other Chinese pilot that was involved with the collision with our EP-3.

This guy going on saying that our EP-3 turned and caused the ramming. Placing full blame on the Americans. Who are they trying to kid?

HT, please send this pilot a free subsription to AH so I can shoot his bellybutton out of the sky. Obviously, he and his wingman have no idea how to fly.

There is another story that the wife of the downed pilot wrote a letter to the President calling him a coward for not appologizing and that it was all our (America's) fault.

Red Commies are just F*cked in the head. Same with frigging Iraqis.

TheWobble

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2001, 07:05:00 PM »
here is another classic example of typical Chinese "thinking"

According to China the american planer rammed the Wang Wei(lol)..

however ON THE SAME PAGE, that say that what Wang Wei DID was "a heroic act"

so he didnt do anything....but what he DID makes him a hero... WTG China!?

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2001, 07:58:00 PM »
Wang Wei....

Wrong Way????

get the picture?

Udie

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2001, 08:21:00 PM »
They really can't expect to get out of this with ABSOLUTELY no blame..  That's out of the question.  That IS the Chinese way of thinking.  If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?  If a Chinese plane crashes into a US plane and no one is there to see it, are the Chinese to blame?  Suuure!  They really are acting like stubborn little children and need to grow up.  We will never know the true story for sure and they've got to realize that.  Even if it WAS the Americans' fault, no one will know!  If anything, the blame falls 50/50.  Amen!

Oct!
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

TheWobble

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2001, 09:15:00 PM »
Wang Wei's Mother in her letter to Bush

"In this serious matter with irrefutable facts and the responsibility completely resting on the U.S. side, you are too cowardly to voice an apology and have been trying to shirk your responsibility repeatedly and defame my husband groundlessly. Can this be the human rights and humanism that you have been talking about every day?"

"I cannot figure out why they rammed my husband's plane."

Yea lady.. doesent make much sense does it???

[This message has been edited by TheWobble (edited 04-07-2001).]

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2001, 03:56:00 AM »
Geez.. communism should be banned as a threat for the human intelligence..
Already a child knows that a plane with 4 propellers and huge body won't be ramming any jet fighters, unless the fighter for some reason wants to make closer friendship.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2001, 04:45:00 AM »
Hmmm...

At least Chineese don't bomb their own troops on training flights, and never miss their target to blow up a neutral country's embassy.

These Chineese pilots can be much better trained then the guys who mostly rely on numerical and technical superiority bombing villages and refugee caravans.

BTW, what do you think the mother of any US pilot who dies in a similiar situation will say? And we all know that "humanism" and "human rights" apply only when US government need it. Chineese, Slavs and some other nations definetly can't be compared to any proud American or any gangster who declares he fights "communism" or just agrees to take American money.

How about such an opinion?  

------------------
With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,
    Commissar 25th IAP WB VVS

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2001, 04:48:00 AM »

Originally posted by Boroda:
Hmmm...

At least Chineese don't bomb their own troops on training flights, and never miss their target to blow up a neutral country's embassy.

These Chineese pilots can be much better trained then the guys who mostly rely on numerical and technical superiority bombing villages and refugee caravans.

The question is, would chinese ever talk about it, if some casualties would of happend during armed exercise?

I think not..

TheWobble

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2001, 05:30:00 AM »

Well seeing as how China is so honest and so open with things such as that im suprised they havent "had" any accidents..

Seeing as how China is a country that will imprision and or murder its own citizens if they voice any disapproval of "their" country its no big suprise that China's diddlyups are not often made known...

I doubt they have killed many civilians on accident..they usually do it on purpose.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2001, 07:46:00 AM »

Originally posted by Boroda:
Hmmm...

BTW, what do you think the mother of any US pilot who dies in a similiar situation will say? And we all know that "humanism" and "human rights" apply only when US government need it. Chineese, Slavs and some other nations definetly can't be compared to any proud American or any gangster who declares he fights "communism" or just agrees to take American money.

How about such an opinion?  

Here's an idea Boroda,  Go back to your 3rd world commie nation and wait in line for bread, while I'm eatin my 3rd steak of the week  

Udie

Offline Argent

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2001, 09:23:00 AM »
Now im worried...... most of you guys are Texans.

Im going to go to my bomb shelter now...

Boroda actually threw in a few good points there (to mull over), one fellow Allied nation to another here    am i enlightened, or a commie ?

PS.  Nice shot on the Embassy... very little collateral...

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2001, 09:49:00 AM »
A few points to remember. I know it is so hard for you NOT to revert to streotypes and would like everyone from one country to be 'The Enemy', but:

1) This isn't 'Chinese thinking' - it's the brain-washing of a small 'communistic' elite.

2) A similar thing could be said for the Iraqi people.

Here's a scenario for you. A Chinese recon. plane is 12 miles from New York (within international airspace), there is a collision between a buzzing F-18 and said 'spy' plane (which was apparently flying straight and level). The US pilot is killed, while the Chinese plane makes an emergency landing.

Would the US people be criticizing the US pilot, which is the reasonable thing to do? I doubt it.

So please stop with the jingoistic posturing - this is a political incident, not a nationalisitc one. The Chinese are in the wrong, but you must remember the actual Chinese population have nothing to do with it. Those that have spoken out, have been 'encouraged' to do so, if you get my meaning.

Remember also that the Chinese regime has actually stopped demonstrators appearing outside the Chinese embassy, unlike with the 'unfortunate' (now that IS an understatement) cruise misslie/Chinese embassy thing, in which the opposite was the case. The regime was actually bus-ing them in for their 'two-minute hate' after that missile hit. They've been a little more restrained this time.

Udie - perhaps it hasn't made the news in whatever back-water you come from, but there was a revolution type thing in Russia about 10 years ago - it isn't communist anymore. Sorry for destroying those ever-so-comforting illusions.    

BTW, true 'Chinese' thinking gave us one of the most progressive and technologically advanced societies in the history of the planet. Before the popular revolution, they had a traceable history going back 4500 years. Which is a little bit longer than the 200+ years your nation has been around.  

[This message has been edited by Dowding (edited 04-08-2001).]
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2001, 10:57:00 AM »
What a bunch of drivel.
Dont get mad. They have only kidnapped 24 of you servicemen.
Dont respond to thier written and press atacks on your country and leadership and servicemen. They are like little children that are forced to do these things. You are free and can therefor forgive.
Are we going to let the chinese extend there national waters all the way to japan one collision and abduction at a time. We know they dont give a toejam for the life of the pilot involved or the airframe either. What a great trade 1 obselecent plane from thousands and 1 expendable pilot from thousands for being able to force your national waters another 100 miles out. Dont kid yourself. Thats what they are after. Some aggreement to keep US planes some crazy distance from their shores. An apology is not a harmless bread crumb. It is an admission of guilt. Which would be very handy in the UN.
Did I just read a russian posting a snipe at an american about friendly fire killings.. PLEASE
Friendly fire was the state policy of russian for years. Most every terrorist orginisation in the world for years was supported by the russians one way or the other.
Lets not get started on the record of the british. We will be here a long time.

Speak up Americans. Your leaders cannot right now. But you can. Let these idiots know that you take it very seriosly when someone rams your plane and takes your people captive.
(Canadian)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2001, 12:09:00 PM »
Here's a scenario for you. A Chinese recon. plane is 12 miles from New York (within international airspace), there is a collision between a buzzing F-18 and said 'spy' plane (which was apparently flying straight and level). The US pilot is killed, while the Chinese plane makes an emergency landing.

Would the US people be criticizing the US pilot, which is the reasonable thing to do? I doubt it.

Well, how about an "apples to apples" comparison?

A Chinese intelligence gathering aircraft 60 miles from N.Y., involved in a collision with an F-18 pilot that has been captured on film so close that you can read the E-Mail address he's holding up in the cockpit and who's been so close several times that he has specifically been the subject of a high-level diplomatic exchange (demarche) between the two countries already?

Further, US has previously and currently stated that by International Law the responsibility for safe separation lies solely with the Intercepting Aircraft and that by International Law the slower, less maneuverable aircraft ALWAYS has the right of way.

I personally believe we would have already apologized and returned the aircraft and crew should the situation be reversed.

China gets a "free ride" in this simply because they have successfully created the image that because of their "different culture" they cannot be held to the same standards as the rest of the world. They have successfully made themselves a "special case" and their actions can only be judged by themselves.

Of course, it's also to their benefit that the other involved party was the US, IMO.

Everybody seems to like taking a cheap shot when the opportunity presents itself.

International Law is very clear in the Interceptor/separation and slower aircraft areas.

Where's the rest of the world? Why is there such a deafening silence?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Argent

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2001, 01:43:00 PM »
Britain already made formal request that China return the pilots.  I know also that everyone here.... we talk about it in work.... is pretty po'd that they've kept the crew as they have.  

Just have to stick my oar in though when i see some of the comments coming over the way they have been.  Kinda reverse it, like Boroda, oh and you get mighty p'd  

Love It