Author Topic: Furballers Vs. Toolshedders  (Read 12032 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Furballers Vs. Toolshedders
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2005, 02:35:45 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
Wrecking a fight in an area that was designed to encourage fights?

So you were wrong.  There is really only one reason to do something like that :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2005, 02:47:17 PM »
I'd rather have one kick ass, fight 10 times in a row and die every-single-time, then get 10 horribly boring kills and land. A great place to find 1 great fight 10 times in a row is furball island. That is until it's destroyed and captured.

just remember that when you shoot someone down and then talk about owning.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2005, 02:49:51 PM »
typical response.

and expected.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2005, 02:52:06 PM »
A great place to find 1 great fight 10 times in a row is furball island. That is until it's destroyed and  captured.

I think the reality in AH2 is that there are people who get off on stopping others from furballing.

As long as their are people who enjoy stopping furballs, whether it be with a buff, or a shore battery, or by capturing fighter/tank towns, we are going to have this problem.

This is HighTech's universe.  If he decides to do something to stop the furball snuffers' then it will end.  If he decides that he likes things the way they are, then ruined furballs will continue.  I have my own personal likes and dislikes.  HT has a business to run.  I imagine he will do that which he thinks is best for business, that is, that which will keep the most players paying their $15 bucks a month.  If I were in his shoes, I would do the same.

Personally, I want to find fights, and find them quickly.  But I don't consider upping at a field that's being vulched as a fight.  Now if the fight is real close to the field, and I can get up and at 'em with a reasonable chance to get a few scalps, that is Nirvana! :)

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2005, 02:59:52 PM »
when i fly bombers i alway shut down the vulch at a base,because i am trying too take that base.Anymore when there are 30 friendlys at an enemy field only 3 of them are trying too take that field and 2 of those know what they are doing.I dont shutdown furballing because furballing happens when someone is trying too take the base and are stopped.

Seriously if you guys want uniterupted furballing go to the DA.There was this thing in the DA not too long ago called Tank Klubb,and all the tankers went in there too battle each other not having to worry about people bombing them.So why cant you guys do the same thing?

Or go to the CT,there is nothing but furballing in that arena.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 03:05:35 PM by AutoPilot »

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2005, 03:02:41 PM »
Oh rgr, I was under the impression that we used FH's (the FH's they bomb on furball island for example) to launch fighters from. Fighters that were used to furball with. But if we dont have FH's what do we furball with?

This is all far too complicated for me now.

I figured it would be.

Like I said, your problem is with HTC.  They host the maps, they make the game, they make the rules, they set the environment determine the little virtual world we virtually fight and virtually die in.  You need to take your greivance to them, not to other players who are, like you, just trying to what makes this game fun to them.

However, if you just prefer to spend your time whining and crying and weeping, please, by all means, continue...I have no sympathy because once I click the little x, you go away.  You have as much right as anyone to do what you want, within the rules, here or in the MA, as anyone else.

By the way, would you be willing to go to the DA sometime and teach me a few things about A2A?  I would appreciate it.
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2005, 03:02:49 PM »
Originally posted by AKFokerFoder+
I think the reality in AH2 is that there are people who get off on stopping others from furballing.

As long as their are people who enjoy stopping furballs, whether it be with a buff, or a shore battery, or by capturing fighter/tank towns, we are going to have this problem.

This is HighTech's universe.  If he decides to do something to stop the furball snuffers' then it will end.  If he decides that he likes things the way they are, then ruined furballs will continue.  I have my own personal likes and dislikes.  HT has a business to run.  I imagine he will do that which he thinks is best for business, that is, that which will keep the most players paying their $15 bucks a month.  If I were in his shoes, I would do the same.

This game, from what I understand through reading hitechs posts, not only in back when it was first introduced but also from within the recent past, was designed to simulate fighter combat (ie dog fighting). How much dog fighting is there when you can take off from a base because the fighter hangers have been bombed? Not much right? Is the new Idea of fighter combat climbing to 20k to intercept a group of jabo's who DO-NOT-WANT to fight?  

Its completly understandable that HT saw it more profitable to apeal to a much broader spectrum of players. I just think that it would be nice for him to keep in mind that there are people who still like to fly light fighters and ONLY like to fight.

Should the FH's at furball island be made indestructable? Hell yes.

Should the Ord be disabled at those fields? Hell yes.

Should those bases on furball island NOT count towards reseting the map? Hell yes.

And I am tired of hearing "take it to the DA". Before there was a DA, there was an MA. An MA that wasnt based solely on base capture alone. Once base capture came into the picture, and the "idea" behind the game swayed more towards winning this imaginary war rather than dog fighting.  Exceptions should have been made in the MA for those who do not have any care for base capture or this "war".

By the way, would you be willing to go to the DA sometime and teach me a few things about A2A? I would appreciate it.

I would be happy to but, I don't have a stick at the moment and it might be some time until I do. Tried to fly last night with a mouse just for s/g's. Wasnt happening.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 03:10:10 PM by Morpheus »
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2005, 03:12:44 PM »
This game, from what I understand through reading hitechs posts, not only in back when it was first introduced but also from within the recent past, was designed to simulate fighter combat (ie dog fighting).

But not exclusively...or else, why have more than three airfields on a map (one for each country).  From the very beginning (I know, I played the beta), there have been multiple fields spread out across a large map.  Frontline fields, rear area fields, large fields and small fields.  The whole idea was to bring the full scope of air combat.  Yes, we have bombers and yes, we have GVs, but at the end of the day it does all center around the fighter.  Only, there has to be more than that or else it becomes a pointless quake fest.

Once again, if HTC didn't want it that way, they would change it.  Your issue is not with tool-shedders, it is with HTC for allowing tool-shedders.
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
« Reply #113 on: October 26, 2005, 03:14:34 PM »
This game, from what I understand through reading hitechs posts, not only in back when it was first introduced but also from within the recent past, was designed to simulate fighter combat (ie dog fighting). How much dog fighting is there when you can take off from a base because the fighter hangers have been bombed? Not much right? Is the new Idea of fighter combat climbing to 20k to intercept a group of jabo's who DO-NOT-WANT to fight?  

Its completly understandable that HT saw it more profitable to apeal to a much broader spectrum of players. I just think that it would be nice for him to keep in mind that there are people who still like to fly light fighters and ONLY like to fight.

Should the FH's at furball island be made indestructable? Hell yes.

Should the Ord be disabled at those fields? Hell yes.

Should those bases on furball island NOT count towards reseting the map? Hell yes.

And I am tired of hearing "take it to the DA". Before there was a DA, there was an MA. An MA that wasnt based solely on base capture alone. Once base capture came into the picture, and the "idea" behind the game swayed more towards winning this imaginary war rather than dog fighting.  Exceptions should have been made in the MA for those who do not have any care for base capture or this "war".

You are preaching to the choir when talking to me.

I would really love for each map to have a fighter town area where we furballers could go and have it out.  Personally I say to Hell with all this strat stuff.  I just want a first person shooter "Quake High" furball.  Let the others win the war that means so much to them.  I couldn't care less about any "war" or the perks that go with it.

I just want to dogfight, cherry pick, vulch, HO, kill steal, gang-bang, or whatever you want to label it.  

I want fights, I want them fast, I want them intense...  (AKFokerFoders eyes start to glaze over, and flecks of foam appear at the corner of his mouth).

But I ain't gonna get that in LA' s High :(

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #114 on: October 26, 2005, 03:19:07 PM »
You know in the CT there is nothing but furballing.

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: October 26, 2005, 03:20:05 PM »
Originally posted by AutoPilot

in the ct there is crappy planes a vulch dweebs and no competition.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2005, 04:12:03 PM »
Or go to the CT,there is nothing but furballing in that arena.

This is good advice.

- oldman

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2005, 04:26:02 PM »

A:  There are hardly any players in the CT

B:  There is a limited planeset in the CT

C:  The planeset is often lopsided with one side or the other having the better planes (and usually the more players)

D:  I don't like the CT for reasons A, B,C and several others that I will keep to myself.

The CT has a purpose, the MA has no real purpose other than to... to something or another about some "war" which means to win a map.

Offline ahgod69

• Zinc Member
      • http://rebelbattalion.com/CMS/index.php
« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2005, 04:46:19 PM »
I consider myself to be both I guess.  I prefer to mix it up though, and was honestly pissed last night when a strat weenie nuked 3 cv's off our base.  It was the best, base changed hands (not ownership) multiple times but there was a crap load to shoot down.  

Last night we all jumped in 24's to reduce a base for an attempted capture.  Grabbed to 7k, and saw 7 cons all coming at us.  we were in formation to give each other cover while one bombed unmolested.  And the likewise when the first ones bombs were gone the rest would be able to.  7 planes shot down, 1 buff lost whole crap load of smoking buffs but we made it back and to be honest it was pretty intense.  So I can see where the buff drivers have their fun, if it is to just lancstuka a cv then I am agaisnt it, but to carry out a mid alt mission in hostile environment well more power to them.  I have found most of the really good buff drivers are very good in fighters as well.  So it's a 2 sided coin.  

And if you have never flown a buff before and always a fighter well, IMO your missing out on the entire game.  It adds variety and spice to change things up a bit.  I just hate the suicide lancstukas.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2005, 04:54:28 PM »
Ive got an idea. A challenge. The furballers vs the toolshedders as the thread title implies. Everyone interested, especially those passionate enough about the game to have replied to these types threads, form teams.  

The FURBALLERS, and the TOOLSHEDDERS. Once we have the teams, we do the following.

1. CV bombing competition. Each teammember individually tries to sink a CV from 25k level bombing in B24s. The furballers can actually try to show the toolies how hard it is, or easy depending on how good they are at it.

2. Both teams fight eachother, a random drawing for opponents, and see who wins overall.

If one or more fighter guys sink a cv on their "mission/test", then the FURBALLERS can declare buff free MA zone for one night, for all the toolies involved.

If one or more toolies kill their furballer opponent, then the losing furballer must spend the next night after the buff free night, doing nothing but toolshedding.

~AoM~