Author Topic: Furballers Vs. Toolshedders  (Read 12457 times)

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
Furballers Vs. Toolshedders
« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2005, 08:40:07 AM »
Udderhun?? Good one lazs:aok  You know lazs. Admit it or not their is a necessary symbiotic relationship between the furballers and the toolshedders that makes the game a complete experience. This for you unfortunately is a necessary fact. Are fighters a big element of the game? Well of course they are. They comprise 85 % of the current inventory. But it does not diminish the neccesity of the other componets that make this game as fun as it can be "Lazy":rofl

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #151 on: October 27, 2005, 09:36:42 AM »
nope.... wrong again... the fluffs and gv's are absolutely not needed for a good furball.   the oppossite is not true tho.   there would be no point to picking up the old mouse and spending those thrilling hours listening to the drone of artifical engines on the way to the thrill of bombing some..... some.... building... if there were no fighters in the game.

this will be solved in TOD tho I would imagine... all the "win the war" and "fly realisticly" guys will of course go there and prove that doing nothing can be a world of excietment..

imagine as hundreds of players wait in line to either go on that 2 hours mission or to fly for hours in formation... Imagine being on the other side.... the thrill of climbing forever in order to fly many sectors for that 2 miute battle...

the ma will be deserted save for the furballers and then we will be sorry eh?

lazs
Public Relations Officer For the BK's

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #152 on: October 27, 2005, 09:49:23 AM »
Don't get me wrong Laz. I like a good furball just like the next guy. I also like rolling through the steppes in a dozen panzers and assorted gvs. I appreciate your point and agree with a good percentage of it. I guess the challenge I have is your lack of apprecation for the other asspects of the game. I totally agree with you about tod. When that goes live it will be the flavor of the month untill the NFG's realize they can't get beyond the qualifying curve, and come back to the ma:rofl

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2005, 10:52:41 AM »
The furballers do it to get into the fight quickly... when the mouse weilders say "well... if you want to keep the cv then defend it" that is like saying "if you want to have fun.... you have to smack yourself on the toes with a hammer a bunch of times while your buddy screws your old lady.

after posting something like that it amazes me that your still on this BBS.

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2005, 11:22:27 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2

imagine as hundreds of players wait in line to either go on that 2 hours mission or to fly for hours in formation... Imagine being on the other side.... the thrill of climbing forever in order to fly many sectors for that 2 miute battle...

the ma will be deserted save for the furballers and then we will be sorry eh?

lazs
Public Relations Officer For the BK's

Wouldn't that be a like reaching Nirvana?  All the toolshedders and "realistic" guys off to their own arena, and only furballers in the MA?

But you can bet your bootie, that someone who has "paid their $14.95" will want to get in a buff, or a shore battery and stop the furball.  Their are guys in here who actually get off on stopping furballs.  The idea that they can stop 40 or more players from having a furball by taking out their CV with a Shore Battery (talk about not having a life).   I mean you sit their in a SB and blast away, notpenalty for losing the SB, and no points for killing the CV.  So what else could be the reward other than to stop the furball?  Oh' yah, to "save the base"  (FokerFoder stops to puke in a waste basket)

Nope, no matter what you give these guys, they will want to come into whatever arena we are in and stop the fun.  Whatever the fun is, be it GV battles in tank town, or furballs in FT, or whatever.

Imagine enjoying flying for 40 or more minutes in a B17 or 24 (etc) to get to alt and get over the target.  (What do you do during that time? Study you third grade primer?)  Then you get to bomb out some building.  If you are really good you can take out the fighter hangars, or joy of joys, you could fly all the way to the NEME HQ and pork their Radar!  After all, the dweebs should have spent hours in fighters circling their HQ reading their 3rd grade primers just in case some buffs come by.  Imagine that?  I hope you can’t.  I sure wouldn’t like to live in their heads.  They probably have the teacher note in their report cards “doesn’t play well with others”.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 11:30:46 AM by AKFokerFoder+ »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2005, 12:57:28 PM »
Originally posted by AKFokerFoder+

And for me the CT sucks.  I remember being in there and having to fly Zekes against F4U’s and F6F’s.  Balance planeset my butt.  

You can make other cases for not liking the CT, but this doesnt hold water.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 01:07:07 PM by Slash27 »

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: October 27, 2005, 01:21:28 PM »
Originally posted by pellik
I see a number of posts trying to change the subject of the argument so they can defend against the accusation that base capture is somehow unethical. This is beside the point.

The problem has always been that the strat dweebs want to feel useful, and the only way they feel like bombing targets makes a difference is if they bomb the ones that the most people are reliant on. A better strat system could alieviate this, perhaps.

Pellik, that is a logical, reasoned, rational post.

How'd it get into this thread???
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
« Reply #157 on: October 27, 2005, 01:29:58 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27

Explain,?

I am not sure how you equate Zekes against F4U's and F6F's as "balanced"

Nor some of the other matchups I see.

The big factor in the MA is that each side has exactly the same planeset.  This is not historical of course, but it is balanced.

The big factor in the CT is that it is more historical, which negates the idea of "balanced."
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 01:55:14 PM by AKFokerFoder+ »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2005, 02:44:46 PM »
There are no and have not been any set ups ran that were "F-4U,F6F vs A6Ms" only. The Japanese  set ups suffered for a while because of complaints about the F4U being to uber.( even though the N1K was present) Now that the Ki-84 is here its no longer an issue. The CT has plenty of issues and I dont blame you for not flying there. If its not fun then whats the point? But a an unbalanced plane set shouldnt be reason to stay away.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2005, 03:31:20 PM »
Fly in the lesser plane..it feels better when you kill someone, and not as bad when you die in it :)

~AoM~

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #160 on: October 27, 2005, 03:32:01 PM »

Heh.  Ain't that the truth?

- oldman

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2005, 03:35:59 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2

The furballers do it to get into the fight quickly...  when the mouse weilders say "well... if you want to keep the cv then defend it"  that is like saying "if you want to have fun.... you have to smack yourself on the toes with a hammer a bunch of times while your buddy screws your old lady.

That comparison is just....weird.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: October 27, 2005, 03:46:20 PM »
Originally posted by AKFokerFoder+
Explain,?

I am not sure how you equate Zekes against F4U's and F6F's as "balanced"

Nor some of the other matchups I see.

The big factor in the MA is that each side has exactly the same planeset.  This is not historical of course, but it is balanced.

The big factor in the CT is that it is more historical, which negates the idea of "balanced."

Should have waited to post until I saw this.

We ran a PAC setup a couple of weeks ago that had A6M5s and Tonys against FM2s, F4Us, Hellcats, P-40Es and P-38Gs.  Within about 24 hours most of the Japanese players were in A6M5s, and were doing quite well against the Allies.  I suggest that this is principally because, in the CT, people really want to fight.  I imagine you could maximize your points or rank or whatever by flying a 38 or a Corsair in a strictly b&z mode, and eventually you'd land some kills and advance your statistics.  When you actually decide you're going to stick around and fight, though, the zekes do just fine.

The notion that the MA is balanced because each side has the same plane set is, of course, correct in a very general sense.  In practice, you still have planes of very different characteristics fighting each other.  Certainly you can have a greater variety of match-ups (P-51s v. Corsairs), but most of those match-ups will be unbalanced one way or the other.  I also agree with you that, historically, there were very few times when the Allied v. Axis plane sets were equally balanced.  In the CT we try to achieve as good a balance as we can while remaining true to history, and sometimes this works out poorly (F4Fs v A6M2s, for example, or...er...any Spitfire v. a Frank, makes for a very difficult day for the Allied player).  Most times, though, you can find a ride on either side that works well.

Slash is right, you shouldn't fly in the CT if you don't think it's fun.  I suspect most people really want to fly a particular plane most of the time, and you can't do that in the CT.  But I do believe that it's true that you can find good, mutually-agreeable dogfights more easily in the CT than you can in the MA, where so many people seem to want to just run away from you.

- oldman

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
« Reply #163 on: October 27, 2005, 04:45:02 PM »
There are no and have not been any set ups ran that were "F-4U,F6F vs A6Ms" only. The Japanese  set ups suffered for a while because of complaints about the F4U being to uber.( even though the N1K was present) Now that the Ki-84 is here its no longer an issue. The CT has plenty of issues and I dont blame you for not flying there. If its not fun then whats the point? But a an unbalanced plane set shouldnt be reason to stay away.

Well, my memory isn't what it should be.  But I remember a CV fight where we took off from a Japanese planeset only CV against some American CV.  I went Japanese because most were flying on the American side. I took a  Zeke, a plane that just sux as far as I'm concerned.  I ended up in a gang-bang (me being the bangee).  I got 4 of the Hogs and F6's (maybe F4F).  Unbelievably lucky flying and shooting on my part.  But of course the Zeke is so slow, you can't leave a fight once engaged.  I kept losing parts, and so I ate water.  Like I said, a gang bang in the CT feels just like a gang bang in the MA.  Screw that, so I logged and went back to the MA, I don't like playing target drone in a Zeke.

I did the same thing basically flying against the German planes in another event.  Most were German, so I took an Allied ride, a Spit of some kind, like a 5 I think.  I kept getting gang banged by high packs of 109s.  Lots of fun.... for the Huns anyways. Like with the Zekes almost no one was on the Allied side.

This was all in AH1 days.

I haven't been back to the CT since that incident with the 109s. Not my cup of tea.  I get gang banged enough in the MA :)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 04:48:11 PM by AKFokerFoder+ »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #164 on: October 27, 2005, 05:01:27 PM »
foker fodder get's it.

and lye lye.... Of course it is weird but no more weird than saying that the only way to preserve your fun in the MA is to fly around in circles in order to stop a mouse wielder from suicide porking a good furball field....

Asking that is indeed the same as saying that to preserve your right to furball... you need to do one of the most boring things in the arena in the hope you may get to shoot down the most boring opponents in the area while your buddies are having a blast down there furballing their brains out.   Doesn't seem like too much of a solution to me.

which leaves us with... there is no real, practical defense against the mouse wielding enemies of fun.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's