Author Topic: Abortion and the Death Penalty  (Read 2994 times)

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
Abortion and the Death Penalty
« Reply #195 on: November 02, 2005, 05:41:18 PM »
1st off let me state I support both the death penalty and a womans right to choose an abortion.

To any logical thinking person it is obvious. The world is already suffering from over-population. Certainly the world COULD sustain more people comfortably, yet somehow we seem to consistently fail to plan appropriately. As one of my favorite songs says "the masses of humanity will always have to suffer". If you agree that, if not now, at least eventually, we will need some sort of population controls in place, abortion and the death penalty are the two most logical ways to control the worlds population.

If you don't agree then no logical arguement will sway you and it is your type who will likely doom the masses to a life of suffering.

Is a life of suffering still a life worth living? And I don't mean homeless in the US suffering, I mean starving, diseased and un-loved and un-cared for. Truly suffering, the likes of which most of us can't even concieve of.

Think about it...

g00b

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #196 on: November 02, 2005, 05:48:47 PM »
Originally posted by Seagoon
If we are just the result of what evolutionary psychologist Stephen Pinker called the "primate assembly process" then any notion of "rights" is illusory from...

Last time I bought a Chimpanzee, it came preassembled.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #197 on: November 02, 2005, 05:50:59 PM »
So Goob, let me get this straight.

You think it's ok to kill an innocent child because the world is overpopulated?
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
« Reply #198 on: November 02, 2005, 05:58:34 PM »
I don't consider a fetus to be a "child". It is a fetus, hence the name. If it was a child or a baby, people would call it such. I would kill a fetus to save an innocent child from a life of inconcievable agony and suffering, yes. It is an act of mercy.

You would condemn a child to such horrible conditions as exist in many of the 3rd world countries? The kind of places where over 20,000 children die EVERY DAY from starvation and disease. Please answer this question, I'm very curious...

What do you think it would be like in China right now if they didn't have mandatory abortions?

My general philosophy is less people with a higher quality of life is preferable to more people with a lower quality of life. They are directly related.

g00b
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 06:07:55 PM by g00b »

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #199 on: November 02, 2005, 08:21:38 PM »
Ooh, it's still going.  So have we come to a unanimous decision on this one yet?
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #200 on: November 02, 2005, 08:24:16 PM »
Originally posted by g00b
I don't consider a fetus to be a "child". It is a fetus, hence the name. If it was a child or a baby, people would call it such. I would kill a fetus to save an innocent child from a life of inconcievable agony and suffering, yes. It is an act of mercy.

You would condemn a child to such horrible conditions as exist in many of the 3rd world countries? The kind of places where over 20,000 children die EVERY DAY from starvation and disease. Please answer this question, I'm very curious...

What do you think it would be like in China right now if they didn't have mandatory abortions?

My general philosophy is less people with a higher quality of life is preferable to more people with a lower quality of life. They are directly related.

g00b

First, I support abortion rights.

However what you said in this post outrageus and that kind of thinking has led to forced abortions nad mass sterelizations of real people whoose lives, and their childrens lives were deemend unworthy of living for whatever reason.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #201 on: November 02, 2005, 08:41:47 PM »

g00b

So your for concentration camps of useless people being eliminated and for unlimited abortions? (cause thats the only way the death penalty could be used as population controll)

All for population control?

Are we doing this in just third world countries that can't support new people or everyone?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 08:49:51 PM by GtoRA2 »

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
« Reply #202 on: November 02, 2005, 09:02:32 PM »
Duh, talk about over-reaction. I simply support peoples right to choose for themselves. No government intervention. For now. But to stick your head in the sand about the over-population issue is just.... nevermind... Why did I stick my nose in this thread? Sorry, I'll just be on my way...

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #203 on: November 02, 2005, 09:19:10 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
Ooh, it's still going.  So have we come to a unanimous decision on this one yet?

No unanimous position.  All people have the choice to agree with me or be wrong.  It is a matter of free will.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #204 on: November 02, 2005, 09:28:04 PM »
Duh, talk about over-reaction. I simply support peoples right to choose for themselves. No government intervention. For now. But to stick your head in the sand about the over-population issue is just.... nevermind... Why did I stick my nose in this thread? Sorry, I'll just be on my way...

Hey your the one who said the death penalty would be a great form of population controll.

Now you act like we are the wackos?

Try giving a reasonable way that could work.

I am pro choice as well, just not pro death camp.

Nice of you to stop by and post your opinion, to bad you can't back it up when someone questions it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 09:34:08 PM by GtoRA2 »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #205 on: November 03, 2005, 08:32:47 AM »
I guess that by torques figures that I am not really pro life or pro abortion... according to him I would only limit about 1% or so of abortions..

This figure seems low but so be it.  If the child is not a viable human then I say that the mother should be able to choose.  

On another note tho...You can't live 5 plus decades without having personal experiance with the whole thing..

In my case it is at least 7 or 8 women (who have admitted to abortions).  in every case... the procedure left a mental scar.

it is not some little wart removal in a womans mind no matter how much we men would like to think so to assage our guilt.   It should not be stepped into lightly.   Anyone who says that it is like removing a parasite is devoid of any real human empathy.   Any woman who feels that way is probly less than human.   It is a serious matter.

lazs

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #206 on: November 03, 2005, 08:45:15 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2

it is not some little wart removal in a womans mind no matter how much we men would like to think so to assage our guilt.   It should not be stepped into lightly.   Anyone who says that it is like removing a parasite is devoid of any real human empathy.   Any woman who feels that way is probly less than human.   It is a serious matter.

lazs

I agree.

What reasons should a woman consider before aborting? What are the top ten reasons sighted by women for having an abortion? I'm curious, but I'd bet that the top reasons are because they would be too inconvenienced by the whole baby thing.

After a woman has had one abortion, why should she be able to have more abortions? Didn't she already decide that she doesn't want to have a baby the first time?

Or maybe it's more like she should be able to abort all of her "mistakes" at all times. That's her right.