Author Topic: Cal Prop 75 Is A Lie  (Read 1665 times)

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Cal Prop 75 Is A Lie
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2005, 09:25:21 AM »
I see what you mean, but I'd rather see the power in the hands of the local officials (school board).  That's democracy.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Cal Prop 75 Is A Lie
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2005, 09:37:40 AM »
that may be democracy... in the same way that 3 wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner is "democracy"  

I think you see my point.. if public schools are a monopoly then they need to be centrally regulated...

I am against both central regulation of enterprise (schools SHOULD be an enterprise/business) and monopolies but... like I said...  if you are a monoply you need to be regulated..  imagine if you bought a home and you knew the school rules at the time... you don't even get your first tax payment sent off tho before the district goes off on some whacko binge that is at odds with every other public school in kalifornia... how right is that?  

it may be democracy but.... who really want's a true democracy without protection of individual rights... I don't

If the way teachers were treated was out in the open and regulated then good and bad could be hammered out... now... it is just a mess with good teachers being fired and bad ones being protected depending on who is running that little fiefedom.

lazs

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Cal Prop 75 Is A Lie
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2005, 07:04:45 PM »
Lazs as a Libertarian I believe private is always better than public and if government must be involved then local is better than state or federal.  Corruption is proportional to the square of the distance between the government and the governed.  If I have to put my trust in an elected official I prefer a person I can meet and talk to, elected by my neighbors, over some rich fat cat off in a capitol building somewhere, elected by TV ads and corporate sponsors.

On that note, 74 does give more power to school boards and superintendents, so I will vote for it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 07:10:56 PM by FUNKED1 »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Cal Prop 75 Is A Lie
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2005, 08:38:23 AM »
funked... as a person with libertarian leanings.... I don't want to give power to a small bunch of monopolistic governments... if I have to be governed... I want it to be across the board.. I want to fight only one devil not a myriad of em or... in this case... a new one every time I move.

In your case... you will encounter varying standards for the same exact monopoly that you are part of.  If you think about it... any power you have to fight will be diluted.

lazs