Author Topic: What do you guys think of Lieberman, is his being Jewish an issue?  (Read 3907 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
What do you guys think of Lieberman, is his being Jewish an issue?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2000, 07:48:00 AM »

Originally posted by cabby:
Quote:

Cheney an "extremist"??  LOL!!!  What's "extremist" is your statement.

Actually, either of the VP Nominees would make a  better President than Bush or Gore.  The fact that Lieberman(The Weathervane) is an Orthodox Jew should be a non-issue.  But you can bet the farm that the race-baiting Liberal Media will try to make a big deal out of it.  Funny how the Media, which doesn't give a flip about Religion except for an occasional Pope story, will turn  Lieberman's faith into a "controversy".

As for the Palestinian issue, F'em.  In America, we don't care what your Religion is(even loopy Liberals who worship crystals, pop stars, etc.)and if that fact pisses off the Palestinians, too bad.

Cabby

[This message has been edited by cabby (edited 08-08-2000).]

Cabby, ignore StSanta, he's our local Euro that likes to antagonize us with his lack of knowledge within the US political system...and he's proud of being a flaming "Euro-liberal"...but I like Santa (Known as Satan to us) just the same, good guy!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2000, 09:52:00 AM »
For what its worth, Leiberman never wanted to impeach Clinton, he rebuked him.  He, like me, thought that this was a political witch hunt that failed to meet the criteria of impeachment.

There is a difference between condemning someone's behavior and voting for the impeachment.  He never went back on his word.

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2000, 09:57:00 AM »

Originally posted by Karnak:
For what its worth, Leiberman never wanted to impeach Clinton, he rebuked him.  He, like me, thought that this was a political witch hunt that failed to meet the criteria of impeachment.

There is a difference between condemning someone's behavior and voting for the impeachment.  He never went back on his word.

Sisu
-Karnak

I don't understand why someone thinks its a political witch hunt when the man did indeed lie under oath, an impeachable offense!  Nixon lied too, but was caught and stepped down, don't you think that was a witch hunt too?

Offline Cabby

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2000, 10:14:00 AM »
Not to mention Clinton's behavior would have gotten his sorry-ass canned from an executive position from just about any major US corporation.  And the "feminists" silence on Clinton spoke volumes about Liberal hypocrisy.  

Face it.  Lieberman "rolled-over" for Clinton and the Democratic Party bosses.  Integrity my ass.  Clinton dishonored  his Office and his Country.  And not just over Lewinsky either.  And of course, Clinton would have dishonored Hillary.  If she had any honor that is.

Many Democrats castigated Clinton, but not ONE had the fortitude to do what the Republicans did in 1974:  Join with the opposition and force a sitting President to resign.  Nixon was a piker compared to the piece of trash sitting in the White House now.

Cabby
Six: "Come on Cabbyshack, let's get some!"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2000, 10:45:00 AM »
The requirements for the President of the United States to be impeached far exceed that President simply breaking a law.  That President must have commited Treason.  We have had TWO political witch hunts against sitting Presidents, lead by the Republican party, that resulted in impeachments which died in the senate.  Nixon was going to be impeach because what he was guilty of was Treason, not just lying.

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2000, 10:48:00 AM »
 And where was the liberal anti-tobacco outrage when President Clinton encouraged that young woman to use a tobacco product?

(... sorry, I can never resist an opportunity to say that)

Senator Lieberman is about as conservative a democrat as you can be, and still be called a democrat.

Just as Dick Cheney is meant to shore up Governor Bush's weak areas, ie, foreign policy and "gravitas",

Joe Lieberman is meant to shore up Al Gore's weak area: INTEGRITY.

Bad idea. Somebody should be fired over that one.

The effect of choosing a Jew will not amount to much... Gore will get some Jews, he will lose some anti-semites, so that will be pretty much a wash.

But Gore will alienate the more liberal democrats by his choice of a running mate. And as has been pointed out, there are cracks in Senator Lieberman's INTEGRITY.

Bottom line: Gore hasn't raised himself by choosing Senator Lieberman.

Senator Lieberman has soiled himself.  
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2000, 11:03:00 AM »

Cabby, ignore StSanta, he's our local Euro that likes to antagonize us with his lack of knowledge within the US political system...and he's proud of being a flaming "Euro-liberal"...but I like Santa (Known as Satan to us) just the same, good guy!
LOL  

Ignore me, and I will probably go away, Marvin the manic depressed robot in Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy  

A few points to clarify things; I am not ignorant about US politics. I pretty much dominate the scene in terms of precise, accurate and devastating knowledge there. In short, I rule.

Flaming Euro-liberal? Aye indeed; liberal in the European sense is pretty much for a very limited government, limited taxation, free trade open borders and overall maximizing freedom for the individual. So, that would probably make me right wing in the US; however, the US right wing scare me. The middle wing (wouldn't call the Democrats leftish, not having experienced Danish and Swedish Social Democrats) is about equally bad, but seems a little less extreme in its views. Might just be me.

cabby wrote:

Cheney an "extremist"?? LOL!!! What's "extremist" is your statement.
Not really. His voting record speaks for itself. Any more conservative and I'd have to call him Pope Cheney.

FWIW, it seems to me the Republicans have made much more an issue out of religion than has the Democrats, not counting this vice president candidates of the Democrats. Republicans traditionally have had strong ties to Christianity, and I lost count on the number of times I heard the word "God" during the Republican convention.

What I'd like to see in the White House:

A female, black (or is the PC term African American? Forgot what is current) disabled woman who is a non theist and a lesbian and is not affiliated with any of the two major parties.

That would yank a few chains.

Pat Buchanan as President would also be funny. For foreigners, til some nukes are dumped on "places of indecency; repugnant nests of sins working to thwart the advance of real Christianity".

Whoever is elected, I will be the first to offer my condolensces  

Wow, this is fun.

------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"
"If you died a stones throw from your wingie; you did no wrong". - Hangtime

Offline Downtown

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2000, 11:12:00 AM »
Thanks for the condolences StSanta.

We can all pray that neither is faced with a great challenge, and neither mucks up too much while in office.

Perhaps the American Public will wake up and demand something of our elected officials.

This could be a good thing (I hope, I hope, I hope!)

And maybe they are sleeper candidates who will just wow us when they get in often.

It isn't over until the fat lady sings (perhaps we need a better singer?)

------------------

"Downtown" Lincoln Brown.
    lkbrown1@tir.com    
 http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
Wrecking Crews "Drag and Die Guy"
Hals und beinbruch!

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2000, 11:53:00 AM »
I dunno if it will be an issue.  It would be interesting to see if the Gore ticket wins the election if a Jewish VP would affect foreign affairs, say in future peace talks in Israel?  Of course to my knowledge the U.S. has had only one president that wasn't a W.A.S.P. (White, Anglo Saxon, Protestant) dunno about the VP's though.  Someone told me that when JFK was elected there was a bit of controversy over whether he would start taking orders or be influenced by The Pope. People seem to get a little skidish when something different comes along.  

------------------

"Smoke me a kipper boys, I'll be back for breakfast"

[This message has been edited by Soulyss (edited 08-08-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Soulyss (edited 08-14-2000).]
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Cabby

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2000, 12:06:00 PM »
Quote:

" Nixon was going to be impeach because what he was guilty of was Treason, not just lying."

That's utter and complete Bulls***.  You want Treason???   See Clinton/Gore about Communist Chinese campaign contributions and Clinton protesting the Viet Nam War in Moscow.

Cabby

Six: "Come on Cabbyshack, let's get some!"

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2000, 08:34:00 PM »
Protesting against a war isn't treason in my book. Selling top secret information without the consent of the state would be, though.

------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"

kai

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2000, 10:10:00 PM »
Those who want to find out what Joe Lieberman believes in can get Michael Hoffman's book "Judaism's Strange Gods" from http://www.hoffman-info.com
A Talmudist("Orthodox Jew") one that decrees that women are "sacks of excrement" and "Jesus is boiling in hot excrement in hell."

Al Gore, whose own political mentor and sugar-daddy was Lenin's banker, the Jewish-Communist financier, Armand Hammer, the son of the founder of the American Communist party, the abortion-doctor and bagman for early Red terrorists, Julius Hammer (cf. "Revisionist History" newsletter no. 5, "Hammered" also from http://www.hoffman-info.com  
Teachings of the Talmud include the sanction for the rape of baby girls and sodomizing of jew boys by their rabbis in synagogues. In the Bavli Talmud Tractate Kiddushin we read, "Jews are not to be suspected of mishkav zachur.² (³Mishkav zachur² is homosexual intercourse)  This is but one factor contributing to the homosexual molestation and predation that occurs among some of even the most pious adherents of the religion of Judaism.

Jew VP might affect the mid east peace process?? HAHA  Is anyone aware that Madlaid Albright is a jewess? Who here knows that American taxpayer gives $3 Billion every year to Israel? Do you ever wonder why arabs burn American flags? Well I suppose that they are dirty dogs and have nothing better to do, just a bunch of terrorists who in their spare time between blowing up things burn US flags.

Oh no, it has nothing to do with having their homes bulldozed, being kicked off their property, where jew 'settlements' are built for the US dollar where their homes once stood, thrown into concentration camps where they hope do die of starvation before they will be tortured to death or having witnessed their kids in schools being shelled by artillery with toxic gas. Of course the media doesn't mention this, that's because the media is not liberal, it's Jewish from your network to cable TV to Hollywood movie studios. Why should they report the truth, it's better to tell the dumb American stories of poor victimized jewish darlings, not focus too much on what's really going on. Arabs, suffering? Nah, Arabs are just filthy dogs that should be cleansed out of jewish society as one rabbi said of them.

Want to find out who's who in the jew media? http://natall.com/who-rules-america  is your source of all the names.
The jew mask fell a little further in Palestine last weekend when, in the course of his Saturday sermon (broadcast on satellite), the head of the Israeli Shas Party, Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, labeled ALL Palestinians, as "snakes" and "cursed evil doers."

If a prominent Baptist preacher had said something similar about all Jews, from his Sunday pulpit broadcast on satellite, Morris Dees and Janet Reno  and ADL and JDL and the rest of jew propaganda machine would be huffing and puffing about "blood libel" and "racist hate speech" throughout the media. But Yosef's bigoted and anti-semitic remarks against Palestinians (Palestinians are semites), took a distant second to "the real horror," the fact that Yosef had said that Ashkenazi Jews got what they deserved during WW2. (Rabbi Yosef represents Sephardic mamzerut, most of whom were not in Europe in the 40s).

If you are tired of jew propaganda learning the truth  might do a nice change for your life and if you're white and have some balls to do something about jew lies consider joining National Alliance at www.natall.com

[This message has been edited by kai (edited 08-11-2000).]

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2000, 11:31:00 PM »
LOL.. it was bound ta happen. A Road Kill Connoisseur... how could it miss a chance at stickin an oar in.

If I had a gun I'd...  

As for the upcomming tweeldledum and tweedledummer election... buck up, my fellow Americans. Fer crissakes; the fargin sky ain't falling.

There's been an unbelivable uninteruppted unmitigated string of amazinhunks in the highest offices fer the last 50 years.

Vote. The system works, and at the least, (or at the worst... ) it's entertaining.

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2000, 03:59:00 AM »
Heh, I've read this about Lieberman

"He is a man of impeccable integrity".

Which, to me, could be translated to "he is a pprudent man who will lambast and judge people with different moral standings on issues especially relating to sexual acts and family values. He is one prudent SOB"

------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"

Offline Downtown

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2000, 05:33:00 AM »
Yep, vote for someone, Ralph Nader, Joe Walsh (Eagles Guitarist,) That idiot actor from SHampoo; married Annette Benning, Charleton Heston, Your Doctor, your Dentist, Monika Lewinsky (She would be great in international affairs!)

If 90% of the vote went to someone other to the dempublicans or the Repocrats then perhaps they will notice that it's not apathy but disgust.

------------------

"Downtown" Lincoln Brown.
    lkbrown1@tir.com    
 http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
Wrecking Crews "Drag and Die Guy"
Hals und beinbruch!