Author Topic: Level bombers and dive bombers  (Read 2165 times)

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Level bombers and dive bombers
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2005, 11:32:41 PM »
999, are you gonna add anything constructive. Or just bash us and try to take the thread off topic?
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2005, 11:34:00 PM »
I know how long you've played for. And you are a nice guy. But that doesnt mean for a second I'm going to agree with you and the way you fly bombers. I think its a joke, a complete joke. You want to know why bombers arent taken more seriously in the game? Its because they are so arcadish, people never take them up to where they can do the things they're good at. If they are like this in ToD I can garrantee you it will be a joke too.

I've seen you come in 100 feet off the deck STRAIGHT at a CV. Ack blazing tearing you to shreads. You'll do this over and over and over and over and over until you or tatertot or any 1 of your dozen bomber cronnies in NOE buffs get's through enough times with eggs on the CV and its dead. Or the hangers are dead.

I dont agree with how you fly buffs, sorry, I'm never going to. I dont care how many kids you have, how long you've flown or havent flown. When you stop flying via the Air Quake Way maybe my sentiments towards how you fly em will change. Until then, you're doing all the wrong things in them. And that is of course in my opinion.

Guess what number guy, it is my game. Just like its yours, and anyone elses who pays their money to play. When I see some Quake High flyers like you wrecking the fun for everyone else Im going to say it.

Its an option in the game that's there, so you use it. That's fine, if I saw a bank vault open with millions of dollars inside and no one gaurding it, i'd be running off with those millions. Point is, they need to close down this way of bombing and bring back some of the things that have been lost to the Air Quakers. They need to limit the way a bomber is used, but limit only so far as to not allow people to make a dive at 350mph FULLY Loaded with bombs into a CV, make it so you can only bomb from the bomb sight. That's the way the dam things were used in real life, and its the way they should be used in the game. That's not too much to ask, and its not too little to play with and have fun with. Fighters do not have external view when firing guns, hell they dont have external view period. And I'm not asking to ditch external views, im asking to make it imposible to drop bombs from anywhere else BUT the bomb sight.

And who the said anything about this being the BK's game? Or thread? Its my thread, and my opinion. I fly bombers, I like them, I enjoy them and I use them how they were intended to be used. When I see you making your dives into a base with lancs and B17's I cant help but laugh. Because it is such a joke.

I will say that it is not just you either 999, its a great many players using the bombers in the gamiest way posible. They need to be changed to be fixed. I understand you to not have or may not have 2 hours for one single bomber sortie, but you guys cant take 5-10 minutes and grab some alt rather than roll into a base and dive bomb things?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 11:50:34 PM by Morpheus »
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2005, 12:17:16 AM »
Morpheus sir,
Lets walk this dog all the way down the street.......So am I to beleive that what you find revolting about bombers is the lack of authenticy... am I to beleive your a purists? That you  simply care how the bombers are flown .
No.... I beleive your interest is a much more selfish one...exposed when you state "when I see Quake high flyers like you wrecking the fun for everyone else I'm going to say it"
  I'll be happy to stand by my reputation and my gamemanship. And I will state it again that what people find offensive about the Bk's is that they think they can and do  tell everyone else how to play the game..and I'm hoping that you will stand by your reputaion also sir!

Superdud... this is what I would add.... the game is not broken.....I don't beleive I have the right to tell anyone else they are wrong! I can only offer my perspective.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2005, 12:33:22 AM »
.......So am I to beleive that what you find revolting about bombers is the lack of authenticy... ?

Um, have you bothered to read a single thing in this thread?
You haven't if you're expecting an answer to that.

No.... I beleive your interest is a much more selfish one...exposed when you state "when I see Quake high flyers like you wrecking the fun for everyone else I'm going to say it"

Selfish? No.

I disagree with how bombers are allowed to be flown. Allowed to be flown. Why walk ten miles when you can get to the same place in three.

All you're saying here is "dont tell me how to play my game". Well guess what... I'm not. I didnt when I started this thread, and I'm not now either.

And I will state it again that what people find offensive about the Bk's is that they think they can and do tell everyone else how to play the game..

Guess what genious, I havent done any such thing. The fact you said that at all proves to me you know nothing of what this thread is about, or my disagreement with HTC and how they have their bombers modeled in the MA. This has nothing to do with you. Got it? I dont care about you, I care about how the bombers are allowed to be used.

And have you noticed that more than just BK's are here replying in favor of this idea? More Non-Bk's have responded than have the BK's. So what's your excuse now?
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline pellik

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2005, 12:44:10 AM »
Would the bomb-racks used in WW2 function properly if the plane were at a steep angle? They don't look like they were built for it, seems like you could pretty easily blow your plane up.

And what's up with the no compression in heavies? When I see movies where they take a bomber into a steep dive for whatever reason it seems that pulling back on the wheel hard enough to get the plane to level out is near impossible.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2005, 12:47:04 AM »
Originally posted by pellik

And what's up with the no compression in heavies? When I see movies where they take a bomber into a steep dive for whatever reason it seems that pulling back on the stick hard enough to get the plane to level out is near impossible.

What if we have Otto?

sand

Offline pellik

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2005, 12:58:05 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman
What if we have Otto?

Two things would really work against Otto in the aforementioned situation.
1) During a rapid dive the air pressure would be quicly increasing outside of Otto.
2) No female flight attendents in WW2 bombers to blow Otto back up to par.

These two things leave Otto rather flaccid and limp wristed.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2005, 01:01:45 AM »
Sounds like you've given this a lot of thought. I defer to your expertise. ;)
sand

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2005, 01:05:28 AM »
Otto rocks!

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2005, 01:21:15 AM »
I picked the wrong week to quit drinking coffee...
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2005, 07:32:09 PM »
Morpheus sir,
First you say....."I've seen you come in 100 feet off the deck STRAIGHT at a CV. Ack blazing tearing you to shreads. You'll do this over and over and over and over and over until you or tatertot or any 1 of your dozen bomber cronnies in NOE buffs get's through enough times with eggs on the CV and its dead. Or the hangers are dead "....      "I dont agree with how you fly buffs, sorry, I'm never going to. I dont care how many kids you have, how long you've flown or havent flown. When you stop flying via the Air Quake Way maybe my sentiments towards how you fly em will change. Until then, you're doing all the wrong things in them. And that is of course in my opinion. "

Then  you say...."Guess what genious, I havent done any such thing. The fact you said that at all proves to me you know nothing of what this thread is about, or my disagreement with HTC and how they have their bombers modeled in the MA. This has nothing to do with you. Got it? I dont care about you, I care about how the bombers are allowed to be used. "

Morpheus sir, you seem to be a bit inconsistant here sir.... it is important to demonstrate integrity in life........
If your issue is with HT I can respect that sir. But what is important is that you check your baggage at the MA door..and don't take your frustration "kicking the dog" out on others.

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2005, 07:42:02 PM »
Originally posted by pellik
Would the bomb-racks used in WW2 function properly if the plane were at a steep angle? They don't look like they were built for it, seems like you could pretty easily blow your plane up.

Bombs have to fall a certain distance before they arm themselves.

The usually have a little propeller type thingie that has to turn some many times before the bomb will arm.  

Modern high explosives (like used in WW2) just don't go off by hitting them or by them hitting something from the fall.  They require a detonator that must be armed and must go off first.  The actual explosives of the bomb are a secondary explosion set off by the small detonator.

Which on second thought makes me wonder.

How far did a buffs bombs have to fall before they armed themselves?  And would our divebombing Lancs have only dropped duds?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 07:47:35 PM by AKFokerFoder+ »