Author Topic: Murtha.. what did he just say?  (Read 2010 times)

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
Murtha.. what did he just say?
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2005, 01:03:01 AM »
Is this a war on terrorism or religious ideals?

Find me a christian, catholic, methodist, protestant, roman catholic, hindu, buddist terrorist.

Funny thing about religion is that all say they are right, and that the rest are wrong.

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2005, 01:04:24 AM »
I agree
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2006, 02:22:03 PM »
Originally posted by Rolex
Hi BigGun...

Powell has always been a loyal soldier and patriot. Discussing and making his opinions known, based on his experience, was his job, but when the president makes a decision to do X, Powell always did X to best of his ability - as a young lieutenant, through Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, to Secretary of State. It was Powell who wanted the chance to make one last case before the UN, using the best intelligence available.

He spent days at the pentagon preparing the best case he could before the UN, based on the information he was given, and the assurances of the veracity of the information.

He has since regretted that presentation before the UN. Not because of any personal embarrassment, but because of the veracity of the information he was given, the blow to the credibility of the intelligence community, and the US credibility as a whole.

I don't think that is low morals. I'm curious what you think he should have done at that point in time?

Wow, taken a bit of time for me to get back to this. Only recently spurred my memory. Earlier this week went to a client conference with an investment firm. On one of the days, Colin Powell was the keynote speaker after lunch. Good fortune to me (or we have 3/4 of billion with the investment firm), I was at the lunch table with Colin before he spoke.

Very interesting person & truely amazing. Definately a man of high integrity and high morals. From the discussion, it came across he had no regrets of presentation made to the UN, acting on the best information available. Also no regrets the US went into Iraq, thinks it is definately good to get rid of Sadam & good for long term middle east. He says only regret is US didn't keep up with massive force & squash insurgancies before they had chance to get foothold.

Offline z0rch

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
      • http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/GOOSE.wmv
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2006, 04:27:06 PM »
If we leave Iraq now, or ten years from now, the result will be the same;
Just take a marker and cross the name Iraq off the map, then re-label it "Western Iran"

Clown Prince George II painted himself into a corner. The only "victorious" route home is through Iran.

The majority of Iraq is Shia, just like Iran. As soon as we leave, whenever that may be, the two countries will effectively unite.

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2006, 05:13:25 PM »
They should play the Super Bowl in Bagdad next year.
Its warm there & it will help teach the iraqis know they've been pwnd

Offline EN4CER

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2006, 08:46:25 PM »
Gunslinger and Yeager – you get two big thumbs up from me. I’d like to add to this one but the left side of this forum will never change and neither will the right side (I don't expect it too - this arguement is just beaten to death for me). The independents too will remain in the middle. Everyone will Monday morning quarterback the war to death and what remains – nothing changes. The only ones who really know what's going in Iraq are it's citizens and our troops fighting there protecting them. Not the left slanted or right slanted media or some politician sitting nice and safe at home. Maybe Nash had a wee bit part of it right – waste of time. Instead of me wasting my time typing anymore on this thread I’ll spend the remainder of that time praying for our men and women fighting over seas serving the country that I love. Safe return to them all. Amen.