Author Topic: Murtha.. what did he just say?  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Murtha.. what did he just say?
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2005, 12:43:41 AM »
Total War, or get the hell out.
====
Its coming hang.  losing in iraq only means its inevitable now.  Didnt have to be this way but the amercian people are fickle and are fools.  we are being tooled by the liberal left as they slut grab for power.  We will withdraw, iraq will turn into a hate breeding ground 100 times worse than afganistan ever could have hoped to be.  All because we got weak and pulled the rug out from under our troops.  I think nash even predicted it......:furious

:rofl

nash lighten up dude.  its difficult when you care but this is not a real good place to care.  save that for he people you can shake hands with smile and talk to...like human beings.  This just aint the format for seriousness....all seriosness aside :aok
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 12:45:54 AM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2005, 12:46:28 AM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
You ain't ever had the joy of getting a nasty gram from me yet... and I fail to see any 'nastyness' in my previous.

Yer skin gettin thin or is my perspective shot?

I'd rather a "nasty gram" over whatever the hell that was.

As for your perspective, I can't speak on that. Go read the next ten posts down following anything I've typed here in the last month if you care.

Hell, I've said the same exact thing as you're saying now, here, long before your recent (wake-up) call to arms. It makes no difference.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 12:59:30 AM by Nash »

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2005, 12:49:14 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
nash lighten up dude.  its difficult when you care but this is not a real good place to care.  save that for he people you can shake hands with smile and talk to...like human beings.  This just aint the format for seriousness....all seriosness aside :aok

Appreciate that, Yeager.

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2005, 12:59:34 AM »

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2005, 02:56:55 AM »
We're in a pickle, but its pretty tough to withdraw from WWIII.   We need to stick it out a little longer.  Even when Iraq is Iraqitized enough for a major withdrawal, I think we need to maintain a base there.  

I'm all for massive escalation in Iraq, with a huge increase in troops.  That is ideal.  But we need the draft to do that, which would be a big mistake.  

On the day our military resorts to the draft - when there are not enough volunteers, that is the day I say its time for full, immediate withdrawal, time to go home and prepare for the inevitable.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2005, 10:23:17 AM »
Shifty,

NP.   I should be more like Hang, Nash, and the other heavy hitters and let 'em roll off me more.    Sorry I got indignant - I'm often on the opposite side from the Repubs and so get thrown in with the Dems alot but it always bugs me.   There really is no party that represents my interests and values well, that I'm aware of.

Your last post was very well written and I agree with almost everything you say.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2005, 11:58:11 AM »
Well....looks like the insurgents and terrorist are winning this little war right here on our own soil without firing a shot....just as Hanoi turned the opinion of US citizens, the same strat is being employed by Al Queda.

Didn't take us long to fold up this time.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2005, 12:03:59 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
I remember the snake. He's not in Iraq.

He's with Allah

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2005, 01:47:32 PM »
It's not a retreat if we declare victory and then go home. ;)

Yup, Saigon all over again.

It becomes UBL's new rallying cry!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2005, 02:22:51 PM »
Rude, just to be sure you understand.. I'm not advocating pacifisim. I just don't want this to continue the way it's going.. I want those bastads dead, ASAP; and I'm sick of the partisan sniping for political gain. I'm sick of under-equipped, under supported troops grinding out 24 hour a day 1 year tours while their Iraqi counterparts are coddled and babied. I'm sick of Sheehan and her ilk.

I do NOT want a pull-out. I want a massive national commitment to the cause and the troops, I want the democrats to get with the program, I want the, military expanded massively, I want the commerical and political intrests suborned to the National Goal.. WIN the War on Terror.

No more half-assed measures. Lets get it done or get the hell out. There is no middle ground, because we cannot win from the middle ground.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2005, 05:36:03 PM »
Originally posted by oboe
Shifty,

NP.   I should be more like Hang, Nash, and the other heavy hitters and let 'em roll off me more.    Sorry I got indignant - I'm often on the opposite side from the Repubs and so get thrown in with the Dems alot but it always bugs me.   There really is no party that represents my interests and values well, that I'm aware of.

Your last post was very well written and I agree with almost everything you say.

Don't give up. Keep putting your ideas out there. Thats the great thing about America It's okay when we dissagree in this country. There are still some places on earth one of us may have been drug out in the night and shot for what we believe.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2005, 05:38:07 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
Rude, just to be sure you understand.. I'm not advocating pacifisim. I just don't want this to continue the way it's going.. I want those bastads dead, ASAP; and I'm sick of the partisan sniping for political gain. I'm sick of under-equipped, under supported troops grinding out 24 hour a day 1 year tours while their Iraqi counterparts are coddled and babied. I'm sick of Sheehan and her ilk.

I do NOT want a pull-out. I want a massive national commitment to the cause and the troops, I want the democrats to get with the program, I want the, military expanded massively, I want the commerical and political intrests suborned to the National Goal.. WIN the War on Terror.

No more half-assed measures. Lets get it done or get the hell out. There is no middle ground, because we cannot win from the middle ground.

Winning the war in Iraq won't win the war on terror. In fact, I don't believe the war on terror is winnable.
sand

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2005, 05:48:28 PM »
Winning the war in Iraq won't win the war on terror. In fact, I don't believe the war on terror is winnable.

What do you suggest, negotiate with them?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2005, 06:01:46 PM »
Them? Who are them?
sand

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2005, 06:09:21 PM »
Them? Who are them?

Typical. You can't argue the point.

Again, what are your suggestions for handling terrorists and their organizations?

I expect a better plan than what the U.S. has right now.

Listening...