Author Topic: Modern Aces High  (Read 2976 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Modern Aces High
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2005, 04:32:35 PM »
Originally posted by CHECKERS
No thanks on the Jets.... AirWarrior had them, the jet arena was  empty most of the time.  But I would really like to see all the late prop planes added , even the ones built after WW II ended .
 It would be fun to beable to use all the later, faster prop fighters in the MA .

I disagree.  The MA is already pushing it for having fun, WWII combat as it is so late war it makes many of the interesting aircraft of the war into death traps.  Once they have no more WWII aircraft to add I wouldn't mind seeing F8Fs, Sea Furies or Sky Raiders added into the code so that they could be used in events, but they should certainly not be available in the MA, not even with high perk prices.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
Modern Aces High
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2005, 05:03:37 AM »
Originally posted by indy007
I think Korea would make an awesome arena. Anything after that I'd have to try, but wouldn't hold high hopes for it. 300+ players carrying missiles? No thanks. Imagine rolling in on a horde just to have 15 missles fired at you.

dont think guided missiles were used in the Korean war.... Korea is where the true dogfighters died.

AIM-7F/M Sparrow i do believe was the first air to air guided missile... born in 1956.. maybe they used some unguided air to air rockets like the germans used in WW2..  i could be wrong...

Offline *NDM*JohnnyX

• Copper Member
Modern Aces High
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2005, 07:17:01 AM »
Not many missles in Korea. My grandfather tells great stories of sitting in a trench one day and watching 20 or so 86s jumping a flight of MiGs and wasting all 8 in like 10 minutes.

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
Modern Aces High
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2005, 05:36:23 AM »
BTW the helmet sight is not enough. It needs to be supported by the weapons sensor's "gimbal limits", and for radar guided missiles the radar disk must be able to "see" the target, too.

But having tried the helmet sighting mode in LockOn I find the helmet sighting to give a considerable advantage in close proximity jet fight. Of course the missile has its own engagement envelope, too, so the ability to engage off angle targets demands quite much from the weapon as is seen in Vympel R-73.

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
Modern Aces High
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2005, 04:26:11 AM »
I have to agree with the folks who said WW1 would be a great addition... as for that eras GVs... wouldnt be fun going from a spawn point to a base in Little Willie at the break neck speed of 3 miles per hour (level ground).. ha ha...

Offline USHilDvl

• Copper Member
Modern Aces High
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2005, 03:13:52 PM »
I would think that a WW1 arena could be made properly interesting just by setting up terrain and base distances that were appropriate for the equipment...just like (arguably) the current MA.  I can't see, however, how it would be any worse a furball than the current MA.  We could even include balloons (Bloons, for youse in Philly  :p ) for observation, maybe.

The tanks are, I admit, a tougher nut to crack.  Weak, slow and inaccurate...could be hard to find an engaging gamplay mode.  I'll leave that to the experts at HTC to sort out.

Would be kinda cool to have two such distinct choices when you log on.

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
Modern Aces High
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2005, 03:14:27 PM »
Here we go again with another request for a future AH.  This type of topic has been requested countless times especially korea.  HT has already said no and is standing firm so just forgot the idea.  This is a WW2 flight sim and thats what it will remain.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots