Author Topic: Unperk the Spit14, Ta152H and the F4U-C and the F4U-4!  (Read 4328 times)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Unperk the Spit14, Ta152H and the F4U-C and the F4U-4!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2006, 11:17:22 AM »
Umm...The F4U-4 is a MONSTER. I'd love to see it unperked, I wouldnt fly anything else.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2006, 11:24:30 AM »
I think Kweassa was just making the sneakiest "perk the Spit XVI" post evah.....

Naw, actually it was an attempt to make my own cult :D

I pereferred you previous perk agenda.

So did I! The previous agenda was aimed to not only balance out the usage between late war fighters, but also between mid-war and late-war planes, and between fighter-jabos and true ground-attack aircraft as well.

However, over the years it seems apparently clear that while people just don't tolerate any of their favorite aircraft being perked, they are somehow strangely lenient on their not-so-favorite late war planes remaining perked. So it seems a better strategy to rouse up and form a consensus to appeal to the fans of the few late-war rides that still remain perked, rather than ask a bunch of late war fighters to be universally perked.

Basically, there is nothing WORSE the MA will become by UTSTAFF.
 There is only GOOD with UTSTAFF.

Spit14 can only split up the Spit16 usage. Ta152H is uninfluential and
uninspiring. Chog is an outdated Hog, and a 4Hog is nothing but what the blue navy plane fans deserve.

Everyone else now got their "ultimate" late-war rides. Even the Jug fans have got free P-47Ns. So why should only the "ultimates" of the RAF fans and USN fans remain perked, when there are so many unperked late-war planes that can counter it easily?

It's not as if I'm suggesting to unleash a super-heavy weight fighter to fight with feather or middle weights... there are already a lot of super heavy weights in the ring with no holds barred.

A few more can only mean more competition and variety, as none of the currently perked fighters are so dominant (Or at least, potentially more dominant/popular than the two fighters, Spit16 and La7. You think people will start giving up La-7s and Spit16s for Spit14s and F4U-4s?).

The previous suggestions was to handicap all the super heavy weights with the lighter weights... but since people don't want that, and super heavy weights are always gonna remain dominant no matter what... then why not just free all the super heavy weights and make it fair for all, while at it?

Simple logic, really.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 11:30:56 AM »
Umm...The F4U-4 is a MONSTER. I'd love to see it unperked, I wouldnt fly anything else.

That's because you're thinking like Grits, Grits.

Try thinking more like the horde of average MA pilots who get massacred by a handful of veterans everyday. Do you really think they'll give up their easy-mode Spit16s and La-7s for a F4U-4 which they haven't got a slightest clue on how to fly?

They can't go HO everything or start outrunning everything with a F4U-4 with 6x50cals, like they can do with La-7s with nose-mounted 3x20mms.

They can't go just go 'chase down, flat turn like mad, point-and-click Hizookas' in F4U-4s, like they can do in their Spit16s.

The only people who'd ever be interested in the F4U-4, is the Grits-ish veterans, and suicidal jabo tards who wants Typh-class deck speed plane with more ordnance.

All it can do, is please the veterans with a great new free bird, please the suicidal jabo tards with a beter jabo plane than the Typh, and not effect the La-7/Spit16 hordes in any kind of bad way.

It's a win-win scenario! I can't possibly lose!!! :D :D

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 11:37:07 AM »
I'm still curious about that decimation.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2006, 11:47:36 AM »
how do i turn one of these :aok upside down?
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Deth7

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.pigstompers.net
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2006, 11:50:47 AM »
I say just perk the jets....
EA Still Blows...AOL Still Sux

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2006, 11:50:50 AM »
IIRC, former La-7 kills topped out around 12% max, usually averaging at 10% per every tour.

TimRas' Tour71 stats show a 9% kill, a slight drop, but more importantly, it is pushed down to second place. In the past, the Spitfires and the N1Ks shared a combined kill number of 15~20%, with the N1K doing about 7%, and the Spit5/Spit9 sharing the rest 9~13% at about 60:40. But now, the Spit16 became a SINGLE variant of the Spitfire with 10.85% of the total kills, the most used plane, and yet still with a positive K/D. The Spit9 and Spit5 are at an historical all time low.

In other words, all the "light-user" class Spit pilots are now crammed up with the Spit16, pushing it up as the most influential plane in the MA. Reasonable deck speed, twin Hizookas, a blend of turn/climb/roll into one, and a longer range than the La-7, ability to strap DTs... etc etc.

Would that not be a feat enough to consider as a 'decimation' against the La-7, who for so long, since its introduction in AHv1.05, held its place as the most overused and overwhined plane in the entire plane set?

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2006, 11:51:00 AM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
They can't go HO everything....  like they can do with La-7s with nose-mounted 3x20mms.

Instead of La-7s Hoing it will be people in F4U-Cs...  I think that was one of the main reasons it was perked in the first place..

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2006, 11:58:40 AM »
Instead of La-7s Hoing it will be people in F4U-Cs... I think that was one of the main reasons it was perked in the first place..

Even if that were true, how would that be any different than all the jabo Typhs in a one-way ticket flight they call a 'mission', HOing everything in sight after dropped ord, we currently see in the MA?

We already have enough people in Typhs HOing everything they see. The only difference gonna make is, IF people for some reason choose the Chog over the wide roster of superior multi-purpose late-war suicidal jabo planes we currently have, they'll be flying a HOing quad-hizooka plane that's a lot slower and easier to catch, than the Typh or the La-7. HOs don't bother most skilled pilots anyway. The difference is, however, once they can be caught and shot down much more easily. That's not a bad thing for you, is it? ;)

Not to mention that I am severely unconvinced that the typical and numerous MA pilot, is gonna move to a plane that is 20mph slower at deck and much more difficult to handle just to get quad hizookas, and give up the two fastest non-perked fighter planes, one already witha quad-hizooka, and the other with a nosemounted triple 20mms.

Therefore, not only people won't be flocking to the Chog in the first place(times, and pilots, have changed, storch. Most of the MA folk don't know the Chog glory days like we do.), even if they do, they'll be a heckuva lot easier to catch than a Typh or a La-7.

Again, a Win-Win scenario whicherver way the dice rolls, IMO. :D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 12:06:51 PM by Kweassa »

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2006, 12:11:20 PM »
The only thing unperking the Chog and F4U4 would do (IMO) would be to even up the planes in a land/sea battle.  I don't think the C-Hog would get as much use from land bases as it used to (simply because the performance isn't that great).  The -4 doesn't have cannon, so its use would probably stay fairly insignificant.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2006, 12:30:18 PM »
So, if the overall situation, tactics, and plane variety won't change, why does it need to be modified? What's to be gained? How will this improve gameplay? There is always going to be a plane that gets more kills than the others. Why does it matter which plane that is?

Don't take this as a personal attack; I'm simply curious. You rarely even play. Why are you hellbent on changing the game, most especially when it comes to the planes you don't even fly?

Again, that's not meant as an attack, I've just noticed that several of the most vocal types don't even play the game. I wonder why they believe they have the "best ideas" for modifying gameplay they don't experience. Seems odd to me. Not inferring that you're one of the most vocal or critical posters, just that you have a lot of posts and suggestions for "improving" the perk system.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2006, 12:31:48 PM »
Well if cannon have such a major influence on the MA, then let's perk all the cannon-armed rides and just make the planes with machine guns free. :p
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline EdXCal

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2006, 12:35:56 PM »
See no one will argue that the Spit16 is "uber" though as said above it is very beatable, I down them all the time in P-51's and Ki-84's. They do turn well, but there vertical performance isn't that great and there turn with those clipped wings seems very limited. I myself think the Spit14 is the better plane, I like the far more powerful engine and climb rate, it also feels like a far more stable aircraft and a great firing platform. I think the Spit16 should be perked, but only as much as a Spit14, same with the La7, maybe with the 7 perked the 5 will get more use, whenever I see La7's I just get an La5, that plane is an outstanding knifefighter! And for those spit lovers you still have the spit9, a great airplane in it's own right, I couldn't believe it when I was flying a 109F4 and the Spit9 was outturning me... I recall easly being able to outturn the 9's before the new patch, but the F4 has the better vertical performance.

Edward

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2006, 12:37:26 PM »
Originally posted by EdXCal
They do turn well, but there vertical performance isn't that great and there turn with those clipped wings seems very limited. I myself think the Spit14 is the better plane, I like the far more powerful engine and climb rate, it also feels like a far more stable aircraft and a great firing platform.
:huh

You kidding me? lolz.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2006, 12:41:12 PM »
So, if the overall situation, tactics, and plane variety won't change, why does it need to be modified? What's to be gained? How will this improve gameplay? There is always going to be a plane that gets more kills than the others. Why does it matter which plane that is?

Simple.

1. Why does it need to be modified?

Because it gives us more free planes of comparable performance to fly for free.

2. What's to be gained?

Same gameply, but a slightly more variety in the choices.

3. How will this improve gameplay?

I'll bet the dedicated RAF fans and USN fans would thank me for better gameplay.

4. Why does it matter which plane that is?

It doesn't. All that matters is whether I can use this plane for free or not. If not, why? Does the perks have any purpose for the STAFF? Is the STAFF gonna overthrow arena balance when unperked? Are the STAFF gonna suddenly become more dominant than the ALREADY dominant La-7 and Spit16?

If not, why perk them in the first place? Why can't some people use those planes for free?

That's all that matters to me, at least for now.

Don't take this as a personal attack; I'm simply curious. You rarely even play. Why are you hellbent on changing the game, most especially when it comes to the planes you don't even fly?

Well I've been making a comeback recently, so I play.

Why am I hellbent on changing the game? Because since I can enjoy my favorite "ultimate" Luftwobble 109K-4s and Fw190Ds for free, I think it would be more fun if I can meet some more "ultimate" USN 4Hogs and RAF Spit14s as enemies, and not have their pilots fly timid and boring or worrying about perk prices, when none of the other pilots who fly planes on par performance, like the rest of us, have to worry about it.

Again, that's not meant as an attack, I've just noticed that several of the most vocal types don't even play the game. I wonder why they believe they have the "best ideas" for modifying gameplay they don't experience. Seems odd to me. Not inferring that you're one of the most vocal or critical posters, just that you have a lot of posts and suggestions for "improving" the perk system.

All the previous suggestions came when I was playing AH heavily.

This suggestion, actually, is merely a revival on what I've already sugested in the past. It's an attempt to arouse public opinion and to increase my power in the AH world, so the cult of UTSTAFF I've created gets zillion followers who chant my name and send me money so I can buy more beer and get more hookers.

The opportunity seemed right, since people have been showing signs of discontent with the Spit16s - so I thought I'd make a bit of ruckus to make people see my way.