Author Topic: Kabul is bombed.  (Read 4694 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Kabul is bombed.
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2001, 02:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda:
Toad, butterfly mines were never deliberately used against children. They were usually used to cut off the retreating "dushmans". I don't know about American mines, but Soviet "butterfly" mines self-destructed after some time, to minimize any possible harm for the civilians and our own troops.

Perhaps not deliberately.

Just as the US would not deliberately kill civilian noncombatants?

... remember this that you posted at the top of the thread? "1.01 means another half-million civilians killed?"

Seems easy to defame the US while defending your side, eh?

None the less, 10 million mines supposedly remain in Afghanistan according to the UN. Right now, in 2001, reports are that there are 88 mine-induced casualties per month there. Main victims? Guess. (Hint: It's not combatants)

People die in war. I'm sure Russia didn't deliberately target the women and children of Afghanistan... and neither does the US.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Kabul is bombed.
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2001, 03:32:00 PM »
So the right wingers, that haven't signed up, still aren't freeloaders eh?    :D

Whee!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Kabul is bombed.
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2001, 04:18:00 PM »
Thrawn.. thanks for submitting your photo and your opinions.

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Kabul is bombed.
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2001, 05:45:00 PM »
I was looking for my car keys.     :(

Doesn't explain the hypocracy though.

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: Thrawn ]

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
Kabul is bombed.
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2001, 06:16:00 PM »
No, it doesn't. Once again Toad, you are entitled to your opinion. That doesn't make you right, though. Time to leave this thread.

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: ispar ]