Author Topic: Yet Another Reason to Repeal The Patriot Act  (Read 1055 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Yet Another Reason to Repeal The Patriot Act
« on: January 17, 2006, 08:42:23 PM »
I check the mail today and found a letter from the Texas DPS. Since I have a CDL (Commercial Driver License) with a HazMat endorsement the provisions of the Patriot Act directly affect me and my wallet.

Seems I might be a terrorist and must undergo a background check by DHS. Normally this wouldn't bother me since I'm not a terrorist. The problem is I have to pay $73 for the background check or they will revoke my license. None of the money is for the actual license, just the background check.

What a crock. Does anyone think a terrorist will actually take the time to have his fingerprints taken, get a CDL and drive a truckbomb into New York? Or will they simply steal a truck and turn it into a truckbomb? :noid
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Yet Another Reason to Repeal The Patriot Act
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 08:48:32 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
I check the mail today and found a letter from the Texas DPS. Since I have a CDL (Commercial Driver License) with a HazMat endorsement the provisions of the Patriot Act directly affect me and my wallet.

Seems I might be a terrorist and must undergo a background check by DHS. Normally this wouldn't bother me since I'm not a terrorist. The problem is I have to pay $73 for the background check or they will revoke my license. None of the money is for the actual license, just the background check.

What a crock. Does anyone think a terrorist will actually take the time to have his fingerprints taken, get a CDL and drive a truckbomb into New York? Or will they simply steal a truck and turn it into a truckbomb? :noid

We have a word for that around here.
That word is "Extortion"
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 08:49:07 PM »
They want the $73.00

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 08:50:32 PM »
What's the deal, dredlock, you some sort of terrorist lover?

I think the word here is 'unfunded mandate'.  

Of course, it's sad that people aren't outraged at the Patriot Act until it affects them directly.  
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 08:54:32 PM »
Why buy a truck when you can rent

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
Re: Yet Another Reason to Repeal The Patriot Act
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 09:01:19 PM »
Originally posted by rpm

Can you write it off ?

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 12:49:09 AM »
Does anyone think a terrorist will actually take the time to have his fingerprints taken, get a CDL and drive a truckbomb into New York?
====
Would seem to me the best way to get in and do an attack.  Just need a virgin suicider.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 01:07:32 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Does anyone think a terrorist will actually take the time to have his fingerprints taken, get a CDL and drive a truckbomb into New York?
====
Would seem to me the best way to get in and do an attack.  Just need a virgin suicider.

yes.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 01:31:52 AM »
Damnit RPM, you friggin' commie.  Just pay your money and thank the government for not taking more.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 01:46:37 AM »
Originally posted by SOB
Damnit RPM, you friggin' commie.  Just pay your money and thank the government for not taking more.

That's what she said....at the picnic.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 02:46:24 AM »
is there some place you can pay in person?

..then you can insist on a kiss...

demand yer american right to be kissed while yer being ****ed!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 03:03:32 AM »
Mark your calendar... 9/12 was the day that a great country got overrun by a bunch of chicken*** s.

It's just a question now if anyone's got the 'nads to take it back.

As a country, you've faced far worse. FAR worse. You have stood up to it and have always prevailed. You didn't need any encroachment on your freedoms in order to prevail.

Your government is turning you into a bunch of frightened girls. It's pathetic. Don't buy it.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 07:11:34 AM »
Originally posted by Nash

Your government is turning you into a bunch of frightened girls. It's pathetic. Don't buy it.

Wow maybe now our government can have a slumber party with your government.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 07:28:54 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
Mark your calendar... 9/12 was the day that a great country got overrun by a bunch of chicken*** s.

Was that the day a bunch of Canadians crossed the border? Were you their leader?
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 07:34:30 AM »
"Just pay your money and thank the government for not taking more."

That's very unpatriotic.  Your kind of thinking gives comfort to the enemy and stinks of "pinko-commie-rugheaded_terrorist_loving" sedition.

If he truly loved America, the Republican party, Mom and apple pie he'd write out a nice phatt campaign donation check to "The Party" at the same time.