Author Topic: remember the 109  (Read 5165 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
remember the 109
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2006, 08:11:57 AM »
wait... so you guys are saying that a high wing loaded high hp plane doesn't seem to turn as well as the low wing loaded planes in the game and that acceleration and climb are only as good as other planes with the same hp and weight?  

Then... to top it off... we are finding that a cramped little cockpit with a palte of armor at the back and a gazillion braces in the canopy is not giving you that "bubble top view"???

This is obviously part of the conspiracy against luftwhiners rearing it's ugly biggoted head...  

It is like... Like saying that by the end of the war... the 109 was... dated!

Have they not heard of Hartman?

Don't they realize how snazzy and menacing the LW uniform is on virtual pile its?

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
remember the 109
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2006, 09:39:41 AM »
"wait... so you guys are saying that a high wing loaded high hp plane doesn't seem to turn as well as the low wing loaded planes in the game and that acceleration and climb are only as good as other planes with the same hp and weight? "

Ooops. We must be wrong. I never came to think about it from those crushing facts point of view.  :lol

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline Hades55

• Nickel Member
remember the 109
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2006, 10:47:38 AM »
With G10 i could catch a pony . With K i cant, pony is faster.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
remember the 109
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2006, 11:12:26 AM »
Originally posted by Angus
So, if they are corrected:
1: They deploy very much slower than they do
2: They deploy, to some certain extent, at speeds they do not right now.

Correct?

The speed in which they are lowered should remain the same. I do not believe there was a call to change this. I don't think anyone here, not me anyways, said that they were going to slow down the actually time it takes to lower the flaps.

Rather, they will be allowed or should be allowed in AH to deploy at a much faster MPH than they currently do.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Trikky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
remember the 109
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2006, 02:27:59 PM »
I've seen the flaps on a Spit deployed on a runway and they come down like a guillotine, not so in AH. Also gear is either instantly up or down in AH which kind of irks me when my I'm being out turned by F4U's with everything hanging out. My point is, not sure if actual time for some events are in the code.

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
remember the 109
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2006, 05:19:46 PM »
109's are fine ,it's just that the other planes have now closed the gap,more spits to contend with. I fly the 109g2 as my primary plane ,I have some fair success in it ,I would check my stats in it but I dont know how to check them.I think the g2 handles best of all the 109's while it doesnt have the climb rate of the k4 it is only 300fpm slower but does corner considerbly better,the f4 isnt quit as nimble as it was before the update,G14  is great when slow,seems to be a little more stable than the rest to me,but lacks the overall ease of flying that the g2 delivers.I've discovered that lots of throttle management and flap useage in the g2 seems to help me.Overall I think the g2 came through the remake a little less marred than the rest of the 09's.The k4 is awsome in the vertical and ussually can climb its way outta trouble.My aim isnt the greatest so the 30mm cannon and me just dont get along to well.G6 has no obvious strength that I can tell,slow,stiff,wont roll.HMM sounds like my ol squerril dog.Anyway just my take on the 109's.

CRETON

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
remember the 109
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2006, 05:36:12 PM »
I heard that 109G-14 is lighter than previous 109G-6.  Is that true?  If yes 109G-14 feels heavier than 109G-6 in overall manuverability:huh

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
remember the 109
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2006, 05:42:05 PM »
A lot of people say the K model is the G-10 in this thread and other thread's.I feel that the K is better than the G-10 in all aspects.The G-14,you have to have no gondola's and keep it fast as if it were a G-2.I find i really don't deploy flaps as much in the K as in the old 109's,there's no need too it pretty much fly's itself.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
remember the 109
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2006, 06:58:16 PM »
Originally posted by AutoPilot
Move:1-Vertical after merge

Move:2-Reverse onto target

Move:3-Shoot target from sky

Cherry picking is for BK's and dweebs,which one are you?

when they start furballing at 15-K again then maybe i will cherry pick.

You should really read the entire thread before speaking out of turn.

I've read the entire thread.

Let's see....10k hard deck and 3 moves. Wow Ted, I'm impressed!!!  You must show me those moves sometime... I'm in the TA after 9 PM eastern several nights a week.

In the meanwhile, ask Urchin to demonstrate his 190 skills. Maybe you can locate NathBDP, he could demonstrate the 190A-8; but you'll have to come down a bit as I don't think I've ever seen Nath above 3k in a 190.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
remember the 109
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2006, 09:13:36 PM »
Originally posted by Widewing
Wow Ted, I'm impressed!!!  
Widewing

My thoughts exactly WW :rofl
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
remember the 109
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2006, 09:48:03 PM »
I try to fly every fighter there is in this game at least 5 hours a month per plane.I have been doing that for going on 5 years now.I feel confident with my ability's against anyone,afterall it is a GAME.

I know for sure i don't ever have to worry about suprdud,he couldn't shoot me down if widewing did it for him!

WORD [/SIZE]

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
remember the 109
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2006, 10:55:36 PM »
Your probably right, then again we'll never know because I never get to your "hard deck":aok

You sure talk a good game, but by the very description of your flying I think that's all it is..talk. I bet you would shoot me down, as you scream in from 20k and I'm on the deck fighting 2-3 other guys.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 11:04:14 PM by SuperDud »
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
remember the 109
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2006, 11:24:44 PM »
Your probably right, then again we'll never know because I never get to your "hard deck"
HAHAHAHAHA LOL hard decks are for radishs that can't fight LOLH.

I try to fly every fighter there is in this game at least 5 hours a month per plane.
hahahah as if there were neough time in a month hahaha
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 11:28:53 PM by mars01 »

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
remember the 109
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2006, 11:59:12 PM »
believe what you will,but i know what my skills are and so do alot of others that found out the hard way.

Superpud i cleared up the Cherry picking in the other thread,if i was a gang cherry picker i'de be a BK or a well you get the point.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 12:02:03 AM by AutoPilot »

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
remember the 109
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2006, 12:02:46 AM »
lol your skills? wanna show me your skills?

Edit: Btw, its always the one hating on the other guy because he put himself in a chitty situation and got killed low'n slow otd. You wanna talk watermelon about all the BK's behind a shade acct on the BB like a tough guy, go for it. Ted.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 12:12:23 AM by Morpheus »
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.