Author Topic: remember the 109  (Read 5166 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
remember the 109
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2006, 12:31:27 AM »
Originally posted by bozon
The K4 IS the old G10 with limited gun options. You may say 30mm option sucks but the plane is the same. Same goes for the rest of the 109s save the G14 which is new. The man himself said so. Last time they had an FM change if I'm not mistaken was the switch from AHI to AHII.

If thats the case then they inadvertently changed it without realising it.
As someone who has flown untill the last week or so 109s almost exclusively that if something changes, even a small change Im gonna notice.
And I did notice.
Something is definately different.
Either that or they souped up even more the other planes
Or maybe its just the poorer visability out of them thats making the difference.
but something whether intentional or by accident has definatly been changed.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
remember the 109
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2006, 12:45:01 AM »
Originally posted by AutoPilot
believe what you will,but i know what my skills are and so do alot of others that found out the hard way.

I'll take that challenge, and just to make it fair to you I will give you a 5K advantage, but the fight will be at 1K not 15K.

if i was a gang cherry picker i'de be a BK or a well you get the point.

Not likely. Despite the fact that we let hub in the squad, we do have standards that you could never meet, and they dont involve 1337 flying skillz.

Sooo, you gonna back up your talk?

PS: what is your ingame name so we can marvel at your prowess by looking at your score?

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
remember the 109
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2006, 12:50:44 AM »
Auto I too would fight you any time you'd like. But that would mean revealing what your game name is and we both know that's not happening what with all the times you've been ridiculed in the past. It's kind of sad really. Just like in the past you talk of your "skillz" and when someone challenged you on it, you decline claiming one thing or another so I really don't care what you say because that's all it is, talk. So don't bother with it unless you want to back it up. I to could go on and on about my mad skillz and claim you wouldn't be a challenge, etc. Would it be true? In this case, probably. But until it's happened who knows? So just save yourself the time and effort and:

A) Put up

B) Shut up

It's really that simple. I have nothing else to say to you unless you'd like to back up your claims. If not, oh well I won't lose any sleep over it.

Oh and why are you bothering to reply to the boards. I can't imagine you have a lot of time for it seeing how you spend 5 hours every month in every aircraft. You better get on it;)
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
remember the 109
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2006, 01:38:32 AM »
I have a hard deck.  It's called dirt.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
remember the 109
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2006, 01:42:05 AM »
I really doubt he will reveal his in game name, or put up and fight.

Guys like him, with big mouths and too much time on their hands always talk far better than they can fight. And are the reason I find lately that, shooting drones down in Lomac is a helluva lot more fun and challenging than engaging cannon fodder with a big mouth attached to it.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
remember the 109
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2006, 01:42:19 AM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Lol.

move 1 : find a plane fighting multiple friendlies
move 2 : cherrypick said plane
move 3 : gloat about you 1337 sk1llz on the BBS.

You noticed that too? lmao
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
remember the 109
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2006, 04:00:19 AM »
"I've seen the flaps on a Spit deployed on a runway and they come down like a guillotine, not so in AH."

I'm not sure if they are operated by pressurized air or hydraulic fluid. If they are pneumatic their operation may be slower airborne because of the opposing airpressure on the flap.

If they are hydraulic their operation is not hindered very much airborne if the pump is strong enough.

Maybe there is a film of a Spit flown by Mark Hanna where the deployment speed of flaps could be seen. (I mean how fast the flap deploys here :) )

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
remember the 109
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2006, 04:34:46 AM »
Hard deck, hard deck ... hmmmm ... I havent heard about that term since the times of Warbirds 1 and the DocDoom guide to the "Butcher Bird" ...

Online arenas have been changing a lot during all these years. Today, flying a 190A, you can be chased down by almost all the planes in the set.
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Bruno

• Silver Member
      • http://4jg53.org
remember the 109
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2006, 05:51:32 AM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
I have a hard deck.  It's called dirt.

-- Todd/Leviathn

I can't find the dirt through the trees. They have a long reach...

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
remember the 109
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2006, 07:27:07 AM »
I read all this,  so out of curiousity I went to the main arean and booked out a K4. The result was two quick kills with only 16 30 mm cannon shells used. It would have been three except for the that verdammt tree which got in the way and killed me.  Now I'm a crap pilot who is usually only cannon fodder to everyone else including trees. But suddenly I was an ace.

They key is obviously no fancy stuff when flying the K4. Dive down and when the bogey fills the windscreen fire. One hit and it goes down. If you get too fast. The bloody thing won't turn. If you get too slow you get killed. If you try to turn you get killed.

I think I could be very successful in a K4 as long as I stuck to BnZ.

Offline Trikky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
remember the 109
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2006, 07:54:19 AM »
Charge I agree with what your saying but my main point re this thread and fast/slow deployment is that I dunno what events like flap and gear deployment are actually coded in AH to mimick RL.

Gear is either instantaneously up or down, flaps like on the on the Ki84 take a while to deploy, the only change in my time was to the 3 stabs on the E key to get you rolling down the runway immediately which was removed in one of the updates.

I've no idea how long it takes to restart a hot engine once airborne but you can still do that instantaneously.

So how fast/slow 109 flap deployment is in RL is a moot point, imho.

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
remember the 109
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2006, 08:07:23 AM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl

Too bad i,m not the fly near the ground type,1 fay you will realize that having alot of space to fight is way more fun and i know that 1 of you won't come up there let alone 3 of ya,cuz thats what it seems too take.

But i'm glad i got a rise out of all of you ,after all that's what my objective was and i am so good at it.

Superpud,i have forgotten more about this game than you know.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
remember the 109
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2006, 08:35:17 AM »
Originally posted by AutoPilot
Superpud,i have forgotten more about this game than you know.

And yet he's still better than you at it.  How is that?

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
remember the 109
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2006, 08:45:46 AM »
1 fay you will realize that having alot of space to fight is way more fun and i know that 1 of you won't come up there let alone 3 of ya,cuz thats what it seems too take.

One day you'll realize that you're the one being laughed at. But not before you learn how to spell.

I'm not sure what's funnier. The fact that you think you are just that good, or the fact that you really do suck as bad as your attempted flames. Regardless, after several names both on the BBS and in game and all your smack talking, you still couldnt fight your way out of a wet paper bag. It's also cute you haven't let on to your old names yet. LOL is that because you've lived in GVs for how long?

L33t Spawn camper meet's "Cherry picking BK's".
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
remember the 109
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2006, 09:29:01 AM »
I love how you BK studmuffinz think nobody but yourselve's is good at this game and nobody can learn and master ACM like you guys can,oh dear lord i am so worried now.And i'm so worried that you and your girlfriends don't care about me,whatever am i too do,oh no the communtiy,the GAME oh i am so doomed now.

Really get a life guys it;s just a GAME......