Author Topic: The Daycare Arena  (Read 2536 times)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
The Daycare Arena
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2006, 11:47:38 AM »
dedalos is a rich kid! dedalos is a rich kid! :p

if you could read and understand ded, its not the material things that gets peoples backs up, its the arrogance and general morals and value for life of spoilt brats that makes people a bit peeved.

if you can have a wealthy and material life and not become a arsey little poo face then fairplay to you.   unfortunately alot of these rich kids dont have a clue about anything past their credit cards and hotel bills.

i dont think u adding anything important to this discussion. but ill give you the benifit of the doubt, ergo this reply.

bat.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
The Daycare Arena
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2006, 12:21:51 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
dedalos is a rich kid! dedalos is a rich kid! :p

if you could read and understand ded,

:rofl  wow, is that a personal attack old friend?  Should I tell you what I think or are you going to start PMing me crying about your life again?

its not the material things that gets peoples backs up, its the arrogance and general morals and value for life of spoilt brats that makes people a bit peeved.

if you can have a wealthy and material life and not become a arsey little poo face then fairplay to you.   unfortunately alot of these rich kids dont have a clue about anything past their credit cards and hotel bills.

Yep, but just because there a couple of kids acting that way, it does not mean that every single kid is that way.  However, puting them down like that, does make you feel a little better about your self doesn't it?  You guys took the 5 or 10 twelve year olds in the DA and assumed they represent the entire human race.

i dont think u adding anything important to this discussion. but ill give you the benifit of the doubt, ergo this reply.

bat.
:rofl

The moment you start to understand what I am saing is when I will seek medical attention.  I think I added a lot more that Whaaaaaaa I am a loser.

As far as the rich kid goes, I was born in a small vilage in Greece (7.5K population).  Dad was a taxi driver.  I did not have a brand new mustang when I was 16 but you know what?  When I see an 18 year old driving one I say "Nice ride".  I am happy for him.  Life is about having fun, especially when you are a kid. So, I'll make sure my kids have everything I did not and not cry to them about walkign to school 3 miles up hill both ways. :rofl WTF, is that some great acomplisment of yours?  Go cry about your misery somewhere else.

PS.  We have seen the results of growing up like you did.  :O
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
The Daycare Arena
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2006, 01:32:49 PM »
Sounds like someone is angry at the world for it not being "Fair" to him. :)
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
The Daycare Arena
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2006, 01:42:34 PM »
One of the main problems is that schools get paid a set ammount of money for every student that is there on a given day, so the school wants every kid there they can get, in theory... But what the school doesn't tell you, I know this is the way it is in TX, they take roll for the day in 2nd period, usually around 9:30-10:00, so basically if the kid shows up for that one class then they are there for the day... I know this because thats what i used to do 7 yrs ago when i was in hi school, I bet I skipped every other day or so, I would come in late, skip 1st period, show up for 2nd because thats when roll was taken, then leave after that class around 11ish, then come back around 3:00 for football practice every single day... The thing about it was is I still graduated with an A average, I did absolutely no homework ever in any of my classes, I just basically showed up and took the tests which were a breaze, any person with half a brain and common sense can ace them. IMHO school is just too dang easy, theres no way I should have been able to do that, of course I was an all state tackle and defensive end, but still, you would think they might teach something new that I didn't learn in the 8th grade, but they don't, it's just the same BS over and over again. You can learn more from watching an hour of the history or science channel than you can in 3 years at hi school. And the main problem is the tests, what happens when 20-30 percent of the kids fail the tests, they say the tests are too hard, or culturaly biased so they make the tests easier so it won't hurt the kids self esteem, because instead of teaching little Bobby Sue to read her parents were buzy at the club getting jiggy to a .50 cent song or whatever... Some of you older people may remember when school was actually challenging and you might learn something, thats just simply not the case anymore which is why so many kids are being homeschooled and I really don't blame them. I understand the whole point of high school is to learn to get along with others, learn to be on time, learn to work efficiently, etc etc... But nowadays its basically just a waste of time. Its like Nirvana said all it is, is a fashion show for the rich kids to show off there brand new $200 shoes and $40,000 SUV that mom and dad bought em for there 16th birthday. These kids are not learning anything. I didn't go to school because I was lazy and didn't want to, I didn't go because it is pointless, they do not teach anything that you didn't already learn in junior high. I would rather go to work for a few hours and then come back for football practice :) I only came to schoole when we were having tests which were just about the dumbest things in the world because they require absolutely no studying for, I swear there are questions like What year did Columbus land in the New World and BS like that, that any person above the age of 10 should know. Sorry for the long rant I just can't stand the way our education system works. I went on and went to college at UT for 2 years playin ball until I blew my knee out, and to tell you the truth, I really didn't learn much there either, except how to tap a keg or undo a chicks bra with one hand lol Our education system used to be something that americans were proud of, and that was one of the reasons that set us apart from the rest of the world, but over the past 15-20 years, instead of flunking the stupid kids, we just make the tests easier so they won't feel bad when there called stupid for being the only 20 year old junior in school. Well guess what, if your 20 and still in high school then I believe we should be able to label you with the stupid stamp. And I think allot of it has to do with the parents and not the kids... Listen if you can't get a handle on your kids and make em go to school and behave maybe you don't need to be a parent anymore. I would be willing to bet that 50% of the parents with kids in school have no clue how there kid behaves or what grades they make, because they simply don't care. Its like the kids at Columbine that shot there classmates, there parents had no clue that these 2 kids were assemmbling a freaking arsonal, they had pipe bombs and all kinds of weapons and guns in there rooms. If your going to hold anyone responsible for that you gotta hold the parents. If the kid is 17 or younger and does something bad, then its on the parents. Oh 1 more thing I have to rant on, what is the deal with this whole goth/vampire thing that kids are doing, dressing in all black, with green hair lol, and there pale white skin that looks like makeup lol, what real parent would let there kid out the front door looking like that. When I was young it was made clear to me by my dads belt that I was representing him when in public and I had better behave, he knew I was ditching hi school towards the end but didn't care because I had good grades a job and I had a plan to pay for my own college. I just don't see how the people can let there kids act and dress like they do, I can't even imagine the beating I would have got. The worst I ever got was when I pierced my ear in the 8th grade lol big mistake lol... Basically I think its time to thin out the gene pool some... End of rant

Someone wrote this earlier and I thought I would answer it for ya

Highschool is a key part of life. What do these kids do when they get out in the public?

Steal / rob / sell drugs / be an otherwise crutch on society. especially if they can't rap or play a pro sport. basically people like you and me (people that have a job and pay taxes) will be footing the bill for there miserable lives

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
The Daycare Arena
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2006, 01:55:38 PM »
oh dear, the flame tards are trying again.

very sad.

i'm not mad at anyone, or anything, grow up.

and more importantly dedalos, if you re-read the thread i was not the one saying kids in the DA bother me, nor that rich kids with nice cars bother me. It was infact one of your squaddies that made the initial complaint.

now go play in the road, stand on your head, pee down ur leg, and play with the steam :aok.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
The Daycare Arena
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2006, 01:57:05 PM »
Got it Iceman.  All kids graduating withing the next 2 years will be wearing black clothes, have green hair, they will be stealing and killing unless ofcorse the kill them selfs in some kind of an attack to a school, and their parents dont care .:O

I think what you are really saing is: I dont understand how people dare to do  and act different than the way I want them to.  Different is not right.  Must judge everyone that does not look, dress, act, speak, and belive the same as me.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
The Daycare Arena
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2006, 01:58:21 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
I dont understand how people dare to do  and act different than the way I want them to.  Different is not right.  Must judge everyone that does not look, dress, act, speak, and belive the same as me.

no need to repeat the BK protocol again, we all know it :p

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
The Daycare Arena
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2006, 02:16:19 PM »
no need to repeat the BK protocol again, we all know it :p

:rolleyes:

Offline traps

• Nickel Member
The Daycare Arena
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »
what to do about kid's nowadays?

beat them!! beat them relentlesly!!   and then make them build your airplane!

oh how I love slave labor !

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
The Daycare Arena
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2006, 06:06:32 PM »
hmmmm, he ust have his mother's looks and your brains traps :p

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Re: The Daycare Arena
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2006, 06:31:43 PM »
Originally posted by Stang to start this thread
Whaaaaaaaa!!!!

Wassamatter, one of those kiddies PWN you in the DA?

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
The Daycare Arena
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2006, 06:39:37 PM »
no way bumba, video games are way better than learning to rob people and taking drugs, trust me.

country life is different, but most the kids i know that dont do some form of contrctive and harmless hobby, do drugs and work on becoming mini-gangtas!

i see my little sister who is only 15 and thank the lord she is into ponys and watching TV. i see her school mates walking into school, pregnant, or drunk, or both.

there is alot to be said for the great outdoors and living in it, but when the great outdoors is infact the great cesspool or urban decay, i'd say mindless games and electronica are a good solution.

Having grown up on the rusty side of the tracks, I know a tad about the street setup.

Firstly lemme say , congrats to your sister, I wish her, and her generation for that matter, all the best and good luck, they'll need it.

Secondly, sticking a teen in front of a tv or video game to somehow shield them from the outside world and it's possible temptations/ persuasions, well, is frankly just delaying the inevidable.

It's like a gal I once had who'd rent a rotgut slasher movie, and would then put a pillow over her face every time a scary part came up. She'd wait till the next scene, then pillow up again, eventualy she misstimed it and got an eyefull of gore, and would complain about getting bad dreams.

I guess the moral is , a pillow is for sleeping on and a video game is not a crutch and if ya don't like the movie, shut it off.

That's this installment from the Bumba's Smorgasbord of Wisdom.
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
The Daycare Arena
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2006, 08:22:52 PM »
good point bumba, but i wasnt suggesting using these media activities as a shield, more that if the child choses them of his/her own free will then thats not really a bad thing.

i certainly agree with your point about forcing a child to do something to 'protect them'

Offline FuBaR

• Nickel Member
The Daycare Arena
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2006, 09:28:26 PM »
The scary thing would be to teach todays teens how to think well...or think at all.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
The Daycare Arena
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2006, 09:31:38 PM »
lol, making people think is just nasty.

ignorance is bliss.

you been flying recently fubar, the main arena kinda smells like you! ;p