Author Topic: They went to Syria  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2006, 07:55:36 PM »
Originally posted by Stringer
Well, we've had feet on the ground in Iraq for sometime now.

I'd say we've looked plenty.  There'd be evidence of their existence if the program was as big of a threat as it was told to us.

maybe evidence in the form of testimony from the number 2 guy in the iraqi air force??????

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2006, 09:22:23 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Are you still trying to win that bet?

Nope. I lost the bet. The bet had an ending date and WMD wasn't found by the date.

But nice red herring.

The question was IF they found the stuff now in Syria would any of the anti-war/anti-Bush crowd say..."Wow, I was really wrong. Good thing we took ole SH out."

I don't think they would.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
They went to Syria
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2006, 09:48:09 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Nope. I lost the bet. The bet had an ending date and WMD wasn't found by the date.

But nice red herring.

The question was IF they found the stuff now in Syria would any of the anti-war/anti-Bush crowd say..."Wow, I was really wrong. Good thing we took ole SH out."

I think you'd be more likely to get the anti-Bush crowd to admit to being wrong than the pro-Bush crowd.

you guys seem to be determined to back that guy no matter what he says or does.

I'm beginning to suspect his whole nomination, campaign and election was all just an elaborate fraternity prank taken way to far.

something along the lines of

"any body can be elected with the right campaign and mis-information.  I bet I could even get someone as dim as George elected"

"I'll take that bet"

"you're on"

and as simple as that our country and much of the world was screwed

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2006, 10:03:27 PM »
What does it say about the Democrats then? They lost to him twice.

BTW, don't be confused. I don't think he's a "good" President by any means.

Amazing the Dems couldn't find ANYONE that could beat him.

Tell you this... I'd have voted for Lieberman last time. Would you have voted for him?

(And I think the incontrovertible discovery of piles of unquestionable WMD of Iraqi origin in Syria would be met with the sound of crickets from the anti-war/anti-Bush crowd.)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2006, 10:52:53 PM »
Originally posted by Toad

Depends, the anti-war/anti-Bush crowd isn't one united organism that has one specific set of arguements or philosophies.  Gunslinger, same thing applies to your nebulous "The Left".  As such making a prediction on how such a varied group of people would react seems like futility to me.

Personally, my biggest beef with the war wasn't whether or not Iraq had WMD or that Bush lied about it, but that in my opinion the UN Charter wasn't followed.

But one can get away with all sorts of things if they turn out to be right.  I think they only way the coallition can be right in this case, is if Iraq transferred the postulated WMD after Security Council resolution 1441 came into force.  I base that opinion on the following section of the aforementioned resolution.

"Acting under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations,

1.       Decides that Iraq has been and remains in material breach of its obligations under relevant resolutions, including resolution 687 (1991), in particular through Iraq’s failure to cooperate with United Nations inspectors and the IAEA, and to complete the actions required under paragraphs 8 to 13 of resolution 687 (1991);

2.       Decides, while acknowledging paragraph 1 above, to afford Iraq, by this resolution, a final opportunity to comply with its disarmament obligations under relevant resolutions of the Council; and accordingly decides to set up an enhanced inspection regime with the aim of bringing to full and verified completion the disarmament process established by resolution 687 (1991) and subsequent resolutions of the Council;"
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 10:56:33 PM by Thrawn »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2006, 11:08:15 PM »
why do I now get an ie security alert when I get to this page in this thread? something about a certificate..?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2006, 11:28:21 PM »
so do I Eagler...started about 2 hours ago and I've never seen this window before (I've been doing this on the internet since 93)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2006, 11:28:45 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
Depends, the anti-war/anti-Bush crowd isn't one united organism

So can you suggest a better name for the grouping of those opposed to the war and/or Bush.

Sure, it's generic; how else could you say it?

Security warning is from the Marine pic I think.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 11:31:32 PM by Toad »

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2006, 11:30:24 PM »
Originally posted by xrtoronto
so do I Eagler...started about 2 hours ago and I've never seen this window before (I've been doing this on the internet since 93)

its Bush watching us!:noid

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2006, 11:46:33 PM »
Properties of the Marine Photo:

https://www.denix.osd.mil/denix/Public/News/Marines/EnvGuide/marines.jpg

The pic causes the warning. Might want to remove that.

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2006, 11:59:43 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
maybe evidence in the form of testimony from the number 2 guy in the iraqi air force??????

Come on Grun....your grasping at straws...we all know how honest and dependable anybody in Sadam's regime was?

How about evidence in the form of the actual WMD's or trace evidence of the WMD's.  

You have to admit, we've had enough people on the ground and enough time to find out if they were there or not.  Irrespective if they were moved, there'd still be evidence of their existence in Iraq.

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2006, 02:09:29 AM »
Come on you guys, your smarter than that.

It seems that they were sent to Iran.

Retention bonus just went up!!

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
They went to Syria
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2006, 02:18:10 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Evidence has never been a pre-requisit for the MSM to run a juicy story.  

They did run one, when we were sold that they were in Iraq, maybe you missed all those stories in the MSM about all the WMD we were going to find there. Why would they be so quick to be duped twice? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2006, 04:40:41 AM »
USA sells WMD to Iraq

That's not an accurate statement. All evidence I have seen on chemical sales to Iraq were chemicals that had a dual use. Chemicals for pesticide production is one reason we sold chemicals to Iraq. We also sold Anthrax spores to Iraq for the purpose of Anthrax vaccine production for livestock.

Selling chemicals and biological agents (anthrax spores) to Iraq for legitimate purposes does not equate to selling chemical or biological weapons to a madman.

I have yet to see any evidence of actual WMD's being sold to Iraq.

It's going to be interesting to see what comes of this General's book.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2006, 12:50:32 PM »
Originally posted by Stringer
Come on Grun....your grasping at straws...we all know how honest and dependable anybody in Sadam's regime was?

How about evidence in the form of the actual WMD's or trace evidence of the WMD's.  

You have to admit, we've had enough people on the ground and enough time to find out if they were there or not.  Irrespective if they were moved, there'd still be evidence of their existence in Iraq.

Grasping at straws?   Let me ask a rehtorical question......Why do you think I want this looked into?

I'll answer it, because I am a concerned citizen.  We were sold on the war on various issues, one of them being Sadam's possesion of WMDs.  He used them before, we know he had them at one point in time reguardless of how he got them, so where did they go.

That's the question, Where did they go?  This guy is saying they went to syria, if he has proof of that should we just ignore him because we've been on the ground for over 2 years and havn't found much evidence?

I read a report a couple weeks ago that the US has litterally metric TONS of paperwork that they are still translating and analysing.

Grasping at straws, I think not.....

Sorry bout the pic of the Marines, it was a google image search and now I can't edit it.