Author Topic: Airforce Police Officer Shot  (Read 3028 times)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Airforce Police Officer Shot
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2006, 07:06:11 PM »
Is the guy OK?..What's his status?
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006, 07:21:32 PM »
cnn reports that the guy is in stable condition in a hospital.  He took rounds to the chest and leg.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006, 07:49:39 PM »
Originally posted by ASTAC
Being a passenger in a high speed chase does not make you guilty of running from the cops.

and Military cops are cooler and tougher than civ cops..just look at any base.you can see the difference between Military cops and the Federal cops they hire to work along side them.

Though I aspire to be Florida HP when I retire from this Mickey Mouse canoe club, (because I actually like enforcing the law)I don't have to much respect for the police I've delt with in the past. The dire need for more police in this country has drasticaly lowered the bar on the quality of the recruits. Alot of them from my experience were guys that couldn't hack it in the armed forces or were wanna be tough guys. Didn't care about the laaw as much as they did the power trip. What happened to the days of professionals that cared about the laws of the land..and enforcing those laws because it was the right thing to do?

Only a court can find someone "guilty", being a passenger makes you an "unknown", maybe dangerous.. maybe not. Those officers lives are on the line so its better safe than sorry.. everybody is dangerous until proven otherwise.

There's a reason they fled, did the officers know what that reason was?, it could be anything from stupid kids to armed felons... SBSO doesnt hand out crystal balls.

Lower standards are killing lots of Depts, but I can tell you when I got hired, out off all applicants onlly 3% got hired, fewer passed the academy, feild training, probation.. from start to finish less than 1% could hack it.

When I worked in training, we routinely washed out former military MPs, and military in general, regardless of how cool they were in the service.

California law doesn't care and requires every police trainee applicant to pass a whole bunch of tests. While military experience may get you a few extra oral score points, you still must pass every aspect of the process, and be better than everyone else, and the right color, if you want a job.

Written, oral interview, background, 1st and 2nd phase medical, logic tests (the infamous flags), 2 seperate psyche tests; MMPI followed by a head shrink session... after all these, which can take up to a year, you're ranked based on how well you did in each phase, its Fed law, so you can pass everything and still not get hired. If you fail anything, you're out and welcome to re-apply in 12 months.

Once hired; 18 week academy >> 6 months of 15+ hour days as a lower than feces "trainee" >> 12 months of probation during which you can be fired at anytime for no reason.

200 applicants, 1 of them me, were fighting for 3 openings... I had to fight and work my as5 off, nothing was handed to me and being a Marine Reserve really only helped in the academy and later in feild training. Anyone who thinks they can walk on to a police / fire dept after military service has a rude wake up in store.

I'll tell you the #1 reason we washed out military guys: bad credit. Bad credit will kill your law enforcement career dreams, you could be a Navy Seal with icewater for blood, qualified to kill in each time zone with the ability to memorize the penal code... and your bad credit will keep you out.

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2006, 08:03:41 PM »
and your bad credit will keep you out

of the military too....especially for security clearances
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Re: Re: Airforce Police Officer Shot
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2006, 08:22:12 PM »
Originally posted by x0847Marine
And no... distance does not = safety every time, from the video, which is totally inconclusive, you can tell the Deputy was at least 1 arms distance away from the suspect... which is the standard training. It also looked as if he was close enough to see the inside of the suspect veh meaning he had to be close...

If the susps were both inside the veh, the "pilot" approaches the driver side and the "wing-man" the passenger.

I cant tell where the other officers were, if any, but it didn't look like a standard felony stop which is the safest way to empty a suspect vehicle... that would be my 1st tactical question; "Why no felony stop?"

What the Dep failed to do was take absolute control of the situation, the suspect was mouthing off about being an MP, which does nothing to impress any cop and only alerted them he was trained, possibly armed and more dangerous... the Dep needed to use his big boy voice and tell the susp to STFU, now, and not to move a muscle or he would be shot. Period. No debate, end of story.. "STFU, freeze!!!!... and if you move, I'll blow you're motherfkn head off!!"

Otherwise I have no problem with that Dep capping that guy, he was mouthy a-hole and IMO doing his best to distract the Dep rather than sitting still, keeping his mouth shut and following the Deps orders... you cant run from the gendarme then tell the officers you re cooler, tougher and more bad bellybutton which justifies mouthing off and putting yourself at risk... and no, yelling like that after being pulled over is not "trying to help", helping himself would have been being quiet and eating humble pie until the Deps asked for his story.

He wasn't acting like a professional MP, rather a bigmouth who thinks his time in the sand means anything to a cop on the side of a road at zero dark thirty am... that kid may have had huge responsibility in the military, but on a California road side he's Joe She-it the Rag man. If he played his cards right, he could have easily got some, what we call, "professional courtesy"

One thing I did notice.. that Dep screamed into the radio like a biitch, bad form.

This guy was just back from Iraq.

He was attempting to calm the man down..

"I'm on your side man, look, I'm in the military, I've been in it longer then you I'm in the military and police officer"

This looks like a lone cop stop, which means, this cop made every decision wrong, put himself in this situation, who knows what the cop was yelling before this video starts, it could be, Get out you ****ing -racial slur-, you Golly-geen -racial slur- get out of the ****ing car or I'll blow your brains out, you never know what he was saying before the video..

If you notice aswell, the videos audio was edited, possibly racial slurs being muted.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 08:24:27 PM by Hawklore »
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2006, 08:22:54 PM »
Originally posted by Golfer
Ogrish is not a work safe link.  Maybe a disclaimer on that henceforth.

I didn't disguise the link, anyone thats worried about work-safe, etc. should read the link b4 hand.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2006, 08:36:40 PM »
Quick question..

Why does he charge forward when he fires?

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2006, 08:44:21 PM »
Hawk - my guess is that his training involves advancing while firing.  In a crisis situation people tend to do almost exactly what they've practiced, good or bad.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2006, 08:46:04 PM »
Originally posted by eagl
Hawk - my guess is that his training involves advancing while firing.  In a crisis situation people tend to do almost exactly what they've practiced, good or bad.

Advance=Agression
Retreat=Fear/Defense

So either they CHP are Agressive, or they don't fear for their lives in gunfights..

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2006, 09:28:43 PM »
I hear the FBI's looking at it now.
 And after watching the  clip, that officer will go down.
Totally unjustified to shoot a guy who is doing what he is told.
  I bet that Cop's not very happy that there was a video camera there.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 09:34:42 PM by Flit »

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2006, 09:41:24 PM »
He tells the detainee "Get up", detainee says "ok I'm going to get up" then Bang bang bang.

Sure didn't look like self defense to me.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2006, 10:00:29 PM »
It didn't look anything remotly close to a justifiable shooting.  The video isn't the best quality but as soon as he said "OK, I'm getting up"  "BANG BANG BANG"

Doesn't look right to me.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 10:27:48 PM by Gunslinger »

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2006, 10:05:50 PM »
Looks like he wanted him to get up just to get an angle on his bullet entry that he could say the guy was charging him.

wonder if the fediddleing pig even knew the camera was there.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 10:16:33 PM by Pooh21 »
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2006, 10:11:44 PM »
Ok, I just saw the clip on the news and I've got to say that was pretty disturbing.

The cop was clearly looking for any reason to shoot.  And then the poor guy is screaming and writhing in pain and the cop tells him to shut the up.

That cop needs a round right between the eyes. Either that or he should be prosecuted for murder and then put in general pop in the pen.  Wouldn't take long.
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2006, 10:37:42 PM »
I am seriously pissed off.  If I was there on the sidelines I would have killed that cop on the spot.  I wouldn't have hesitated to shoot him.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"