Author Topic: Airforce Police Officer Shot  (Read 3027 times)

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
Airforce Police Officer Shot
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2006, 10:41:43 PM »
that cop is going to need lots of lube where he's going!

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2006, 11:17:52 PM »
Paid administrative leave in a brothel?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2006, 11:49:16 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
I am seriously pissed off.  If I was there on the sidelines I would have killed that cop on the spot.  I wouldn't have hesitated to shoot him.

...and after a fairly speedy trial, you would be rotting in jail for the rest of your life (assuming you survive the encounter).
sand

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2006, 12:53:04 AM »
I am seriously pissed off.  If I was there on the sidelines I would have killed that cop on the spot.  I wouldn't have hesitated to shoot him.

uh-huh.  sure you would.

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2006, 12:54:53 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman
...and after a fairly speedy trial, you would be rotting in jail for the rest of your life (assuming you survive the encounter).

that raises the question, imagine one is in a fast food joint, when for some reason an on-duty officer snaps and goes postal in mickyds. Could you plug him, without going to jail, or do you sit back and let him murder everyone in the place?

I mean which is more important innocent lives or a 20 cent piece of tin someone is hiding behind.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2006, 02:29:54 AM »
The guy made a motion to flee...at least that's what it looks like to me. Perhaps it was misinterpretedby the cop but from what I can see, it looks like a motion to run.

We don't know if he was intending to run or not, or whether or not it was a coincidence. But you can't take any chances with a cop. From the video, it looks like the suspect starts to stand and then shifts his weight forward like he's about to make a break for ot.

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2006, 08:08:57 AM »
Originally posted by texace
The guy made a motion to flee...at least that's what it looks like to me. Perhaps it was misinterpretedby the cop but from what I can see, it looks like a motion to run.

We don't know if he was intending to run or not, or whether or not it was a coincidence. But you can't take any chances with a cop. From the video, it looks like the suspect starts to stand and then shifts his weight forward like he's about to make a break for ot.

I think thats a stumble/hesitation.
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline JimBear

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2006, 08:24:15 AM »
I think that is someone who forgot what his job was, and solider on the street isnt it.

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2006, 08:26:09 AM »
Originally posted by JimBear
I think that is someone who forgot what his job was, and solider on the street isnt it.

Just wondering you ever come back from a combat area before, knowing your going back?
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2006, 08:48:59 AM »
This was NOT a CHP... it was a Deputy... like Barney Fife.

Mac

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2006, 09:32:51 AM »
Police are not free to abuse the law how they see fit.  If a police officer attempts to murder another person, I see it as my duty to step in.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline texace

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2006, 09:42:01 AM »
Police are not free to abuse the law how they see fit.  If a police officer attempts to murder another person, I see it as my duty to step in.

After a high speed chase, cops are running off adrenaline. Sometimes, mistakes happen when they're like that. If a 21 year old punk kid can assume a suspect looks like he's about to flee, then what do you think a cop sees from his angle when pumped up and ready to rock? Regardless if you're a passenger in a high-speed chase or not, you're still a suspect. Everyone is treated the same at the scene of a crime until everything is under control and questioning can begin. This Air Force cop is no exception. He made a move to flee (or looked like he did) and the officer reacted in fear of his life. You don't know why someone runs, and you can only assume the worst after a suspect takes flight.

It is not your duty to obstruct justice because you think you know better. We cannot assume the cop is in the wrong because of a video. We don't know the factors behind the situation, such as if the chase was very aggressive or if the driver put up a fight. We can see that the suspect was aggressive himself in that he did not comply immedieatly to the officer's orders. He made a move the officer took as a threat and this happened. Officer Involved Shooting incidents are very serious, and I do not believe that any cop, green or not, would pull the trigger unless he had a damn good reason to do so.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2006, 09:49:02 AM »
You trust police officers like they are a godsend to the human race.  They are the most trust worthy people ever.

It is my experience that 99% aren't.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2006, 09:49:42 AM »
No one cheers louder than I do while watching COPS or police chase videos for the suspects to get a good beating.

But I don't see how anyone can watch that video and not see that that deputy is out of control.  It is obvious to me that he tells the suspect to "get up" so that he can put a couple of rounds in his chest and not his back.  His constant use of (what seems to be) the f-word further indicates he has gone over the edge.

I see no attack posture by the suspect, and I do not even see him take a step in any direction once he is on his feet as if to flee.  Was the driver already in custody?  Why would a lone officer (who has backup no too far off as you can hear the sirens) want multiple suspects anywhere but on the ground?

It just smells like rouge cop.  I would like to see what other indicents or complaints this deputy has in his file.  I am sure this is not the first and I bet investigators go back and take a second look at previous encounters.

Offline texace

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2006, 09:57:01 AM »
You trust police officers like they are a godsend to the human race.  They are the most trust worthy people ever.

It is my experience that 99% aren't.

Don't patronize me...

Most police officers that I know are decent enough people on and off the job. I don't base my opinion of police officers off of one video.

I'm not defending the police officer, I'm merely offering an explaination as to why anyone would pull the trigger on a suspect. When I first saw the video, I believed that the officer was in the wrong and I still do, but I can also see the reason as to why he shot at the suspect like he did. It doesn't make him right, but it does answer some questions for me.