Author Topic: Airforce Police Officer Shot  (Read 3029 times)

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Airforce Police Officer Shot
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2006, 10:02:15 AM »
And neither do I base my opinions off of one video either.  I have seen way too much bull**** with my own eyes to ever trust a police officer again.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2006, 10:18:24 AM »
to ever trust a police officer again.

Like what?

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2006, 10:23:36 AM »
That cop is a POS...

Hope he enjoys prison.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2006, 10:35:52 AM »
I think that cop seriously abused his position of trust.  Whatever was he thinking?

I saw a similar incident a few years ago where a cop pulled up a suspect drunk driver.  The cop got out his vehicle, which was infront of the suspects, and approached the other vehicle.  The suspect vehicle then went to pull away from the cop but the cop pulled his revolver and shot 6 times through the windscreen and killed the suspect.  This was all on camera.  I think the cop got time for it.
NEXX

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2006, 10:50:03 AM »
The runner might just aswell have killed someone speeding over them in high speed chase. Takes a dumb **** to pull over and rocket off for a high speed chase.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2006, 10:54:27 AM »
He only drove about 2 feet in his car, if that.  He spent most the time just turning the wheel and I don't know why the cop didn't shoot the tyres.

Anyway, the cop was found guilty so he obviously didn't follow 'procedure'.
NEXX

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2006, 10:59:56 AM »
Originally posted by Replicant
He only drove about 2 feet in his car, if that.  He spent most the time just turning the wheel and I don't know why the cop didn't shoot the tyres.

Anyway, the cop was found guilty so he obviously didn't follow 'procedure'.

Cops don't "shoot at tires"
 Well, except in Texas sometimes :D

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2006, 11:35:18 AM »
Well obviously the cop did wrong there but at least half the guilt is with the driver. (On the stop&run case).
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2006, 11:40:20 AM »
Originally posted by AWMac
This was NOT a CHP... it was a Deputy... like Barney Fife.

Mac

I don't know how it works in Texas, but my brother is a Sheriff's Deputy in Stanislaus County, California. There is no difference between them and any other police officer other than jurisdiction. In fact, my brother worked for a few police departments before he went to work for the Sheriff.
sand

Offline fartwinkle

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2006, 01:07:14 PM »
Any cop that cant subdue an unarmed man has no buisness wearing the badge.
There was no reason what so ever for that clown to cap the dude3 TIMES!:furious

Could have at the very least fired a warning shot at the ground away from him
to get his attention.

I am getting so sick and tierd of these azzclown cops strong arming the very people that pay there salaries.

Now not to say they dont come across some street trash that needs a swift kick in da butt.

They need to remember there job is to serve and protect not shoot and abuse.

I spent the day yesterday at the gun range and it was full of Plano Tx cops
going thrue training so they can carry AR-15's in there squad cars.
I talked to one officer and he told me that they are getting sniped at by thugs that shoot at em and then run.

Now understand Plano is one of the most wealthy parts of Dallas so for this
to be going on should be a wake up call to people.

The only mistake I can see the young man made was running his yap.
But to be shot for that? I think not.
That cop should spend a few years dodging tubesteaks in the shower:O

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2006, 02:34:27 PM »
Originally posted by fartwinkle
Any cop that cant subdue an unarmed man has no buisness wearing the badge.
There was no reason what so ever for that clown to cap the dude3 TIMES!:furious

Could have at the very least fired a warning shot at the ground away from him
to get his attention.

I am getting so sick and tierd of these azzclown cops strong arming the very people that pay there salaries.

How do you know the suspect was "unarmed"?, because the media told you... right?

The media wasn't there to tell the Deps who was armed and who wasn't, so your notion of the Dep trying to subdue the "unarmed" susp does not apply.

All that matters here is if the Deps reaction at the time he fired was "reasonible" based on what the Deputy knew at the time. What the media knows after the fact means nothing... you think while driving 100+ MPH to catch these a-holes the Deps just knew he was an unarmed neat guy who just wants to help?

If you can tell me how the persuing Deputies could know that, you'll be a very rich man teaching your mind reading technique to cops all across the world.

I mean, wow, you are able to tell me the Susp was unarmed, not even the Deputy knew that... you missed your calling in life bro, you really need your own 900 number.

I havent read the Dep was found guilty of anything, only a court can determine guilt... being placed on administrative leave after a shooting is SOP (Standard Operating proceedure). I was sent home after my 1st OIS, 3 weeks of paid leave.. my badge and duty weapon were taken, blood drawn and I sat home waiting for the phone to ring. Before returning to full duty was a mandatory check-up from the neck up from the Dept head shrink.

You guys, that are interested in this stuff, should read about a Cali police officers "Bill of rights" AKA AB301 rights. IF that Dep is off probation, he has full blown AB301 rights and nothing will be determined while the AB301 process goes on.

Did you know that Dep can flat out refuse to tell his side of the story?, he has rights under the 5th amendment like everyone, BUT he can be ordered to give a statement or face insubordination... and as you well know any statement outside Miranda can't be used against you. The Dep also has the absolute right (per AB301) to have an association rep present during any questioning.

Dancing around the AB301 rules can take months, and its a good thing, it keeps the emotional knee jerk reactionaries in the untrained public who have no clue what proper police proceedure is from rail roading the Dep before all the facts are known. Watching the video is looking at the incident through a straw hole... most of the assumptions you guys have come up with are silly at best.

Warning shots = illegal discharge of a firearm, even for on-duty officers... why?, because what goes up must come down and Depts dont want the liability of a stray round striking someone. Warning shots also invite armed suspects to return fire, your partners to think they're being shot at, and frankly, is a waste of ammo that will get you fired.

Also in So California, Deputy Sheriffs work for the County, Police the city, and CHP (Cant Handle Police-work AAA with a gun) are Calis version of the State police... although technically CHP officers are "Traffic officers", they're tasked to protect the Gov and other state political losers and in many rural areas of the State the CHP is the prominent policing agency.

Sheriffs, Police and CHP are all sworn to the State, must complete the same mandatory POST (Police officer Standards and Training) requirements, and basically have the same police powers... there are some things only the CHP can do, like investigate school bus related collisions... by law the CHP is the only agency authorized to do so.

I still dont have a problem with the shooting, the MP, besides sounding like a punk unprofessional intoxicated a-holio, looked like he suddenly started flailing around as he was talking smack, bad idea when the Sheriffs are pointing weapons at you.

It was obvious the Susp thought since he was cooler and more badass, he could do what he wanted... after a late night chase on the side of some road you lose your coolness because its irrelavent who you are or what you've done. Once you're cuffed, the situation is safe and the Deps ask you for your story, then you can run your lips about how your poop smells like sunshine.

If you do something that felony stupid while cops are pointing guns at you, yeah... you might get shot. If he had laid on the ground, mouth shut following orders, he'd have less lead in his diet.

My one tactical question would still be, why no felony stop?..

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2006, 02:56:26 PM »
I carefully viewed the video from work and at home.  The video is very poorly lit and I couldn't really make out sufficient detail to see everything that was happening.  The audio was a little better, but not much.   This looks and sounds like it could have been a bad shooting, but I'd be carefull about reaching a definate conclusion yet.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline fartwinkle

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2006, 02:57:18 PM »
I have two eyes that still work well and I saw no weapon being pulled or pointed at the officer.

And If I got shot every time I drove at 100mph I would be swiss cheese LOL.
Heres an example when I was 16.5 years old i had not gotten round to getting my license.
Anyways I was riding my dirtbike up a county rd when a Colorado state trooper
started chasing me.
I almost lost him but I crashed:rofl

Did he shoot me? no
Did he even pull his weapon? no
What he did do was call my father and wrote me up on so many tickets I did not get to drive till I was 18:cry

My point is just because someone does something stupid does not IMHO give the cops the right to shoot unless there safety or the publics safety is in danger.

Spike strips for the tires stop the car get the perps on there bellies. So far so good.
 Next tell the UNARMED passenger to stand up.
When UNARMED passenger attemps to stand officer opens up point blank on the dude for doin what he was told.
Now am I missing something?

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2006, 03:06:47 PM »
Originally posted by x0847Marine
My one tactical question would still be, why no felony stop?..

That's what the two officers I talked to today said.  At the very least you don't want any of the suspects on their feet without cuffs on.  Once you get them prone you wait for backup, or at the very least get the two suspects in a location where you can see them both and then cuff them.

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2006, 03:15:31 PM »
COP SAYS GET UP GET UP.
SUSPECT SAYS OK I AM GETIING UP
cop bang bang bang
suspect groans several times
cop says shut up or i will shoot you again.
suspect groans again
cop says I said shut up or i will shoot you again.

I have seen a lot of police beating and shootings and I am allmost allways on the cops side. When the police tell you to do something and you dont your gonna get beat down if you have a weapon your going to get shot and guess what you deserve it. This time the suspect was complying and calm this cop need the book thrown at him. He should be in jail not on suspension.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack