Author Topic: kill shooter  (Read 4197 times)

Offline psob2

• Zinc Member
kill shooter
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2006, 07:57:35 AM »
i hope HTC lets killshooter stay the way it is
psob2, psob3, now BTPsob2

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
kill shooter
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2006, 08:44:17 AM »
sim, if he just lost all of his ammo each time he hit someone elsehow many times more wouldhe have done it?  They get no gratification at all.  No boom boom of any sort just no ammo.  HT will almost certainly keep things the way they are currently since he believes thats the way he wants it.  The point of hashing ideas around is just that.  No ones opinion matters more than the next except HT.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
kill shooter
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2006, 09:40:34 AM »
This thread is gayer than (some of) the BKs.  All this talk about a couple of deaths per year?  Does 2 or 3 matter when you die thousands of times?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
kill shooter
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2006, 09:41:49 AM »
Killshooter will never change.  This is a good thing.  Why must threads like this pop up at least once a week?

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
kill shooter
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2006, 10:03:07 AM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
Killshooter will never change.  This is a good thing.  Why must threads like this pop up at least once a week?

-- Todd/Leviathn

Because it is an imperfect solution?
sand

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
kill shooter
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2006, 10:05:28 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Because it is an imperfect solution?

It is the best solution.  Nobody said it was perfect.

So why do threads like this persist?

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
kill shooter
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2006, 10:09:59 AM »
Just an odd thought, what if there's still a penalty, but a little different than killshooter... bear with me a moment on this idea of lunacy =)

Instead of killshooter, what do you think of this...

The friendly hit takes damage as he would if were enemy. The shooter, upon landing gets 0 perks (or negative if they die), 0 towards score, does NOT display on the bar if they land multiple kills, and takes a time penalty before next allowed takeoff such as 5 minutes for first offense, 60 minutes for 2nd offense, 3 hours for 3rd offense for any vehicles with ENY under 40.

This way, the friendly would still go down, which is realistic. The shooter would be penalized and get nothing positive for the kill (ESPECIALLY no "name in lights" notification), and now are limited to taking planes which, while may be somewhat effective, are not "uber" aircraft, putting him at a disadvantage.

This way, if the guy GETTING shot down was shot down because he was too agressive (i.e. diving within the gun path), he is penalized by losing his plane. The Shooter is penalized as well, and the overly agressive will now understand they have to keep themselves in check if they want to pilot specific planes. Mistakes will still happen, but I think this can be an incentive to both not TK (team kill), but also not get in the way of someone else's shot.
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
kill shooter
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2006, 10:27:13 AM »

Because people dont like to accuse themselves in their own faults. Always better to accuse somebody or something else.

I wonder why htc dont close such threads as soon as they created. They are all same.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
kill shooter
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2006, 10:44:34 AM »
It is the best solution.

That's one opinion.
sand

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
kill shooter
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2006, 10:59:27 AM »
It is the best solution. Nobody said it was perfect.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Because of rocket scientists like Sandman. It is the best solution. If you have a better one lets hear it.

KS rocks and if you die you deserve it for shooting one of your own.

Besides that it's great fun flying (on slow nights) in front of somebody spraying that you don't like. :t
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 11:01:43 AM by DipStick »

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
kill shooter
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2006, 11:08:23 AM »
It is the best solution.  Nobody said it was perfect.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Because someone got killshot and got their thong in a not. So they come on here whining about it.

As far as these threads and the predictable response. If you don't take the time to do a search for "killshooter" and read the gazillion threads on this subject and the gazillion times HT has said "IT AIN"T GONNA CHANGE" then you get what you deserve.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
kill shooter
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2006, 11:39:26 AM »
Originally posted by DipStick
Because of rocket scientists like Sandman. It is the best solution. If you have a better one lets hear it.

KS rocks and if you die you deserve it for shooting one of your own.

Besides that it's great fun flying (on slow nights) in front of somebody spraying that you don't like. :t

Thanks for saying one thing while making the case for the other Dipstick.  The reason why this keeps coming up is an unjust situation where some loser flys through you or warps through you and you get hit by killshooter thanks to a gamey situation beyond your control.  If you gave the KShooter the benefit of the doubt this would not come up nearly as often.

Nice Russian solution there Oleg..>

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
kill shooter
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2006, 11:41:30 AM »
Originally posted by Knite
Just an odd thought, what if there's still a penalty, but a little different than killshooter... bear with me a moment on this idea of lunacy =)

Instead of killshooter, what do you think of this...

The friendly hit takes damage as he would if were enemy. The shooter, upon landing gets 0 perks (or negative if they die), 0 towards score, does NOT display on the bar if they land multiple kills, and takes a time penalty before next allowed takeoff such as 5 minutes for first offense, 60 minutes for 2nd offense, 3 hours for 3rd offense for any vehicles with ENY under 40.

This way, the friendly would still go down, which is realistic. The shooter would be penalized and get nothing positive for the kill (ESPECIALLY no "name in lights" notification), and now are limited to taking planes which, while may be somewhat effective, are not "uber" aircraft, putting him at a disadvantage.

This way, if the guy GETTING shot down was shot down because he was too agressive (i.e. diving within the gun path), he is penalized by losing his plane. The Shooter is penalized as well, and the overly agressive will now understand they have to keep themselves in check if they want to pilot specific planes. Mistakes will still happen, but I think this can be an incentive to both not TK (team kill), but also not get in the way of someone else's shot.

Sorry ... but if I am going to fly 15 minutes to get to a fight and get fragged by some yahoo that wants to shoot over my shoulder while I am locked on someone's 6 ... I would quit this game in a New York second ... and I don't think that I would be the only one that would follow this route.

If you shoot a friendly ... then it's YOU that must pay the consequence ... you are, for the most part, in control of your own destiny. For those very infrequent situtations that you get killshooter cause some jerk flys into your bullet stream ... oh well ... get pissed ... count to 10 ... get a new plane.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
kill shooter
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2006, 11:46:27 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman
That's one opinion.

Frankly, it is the only opinion that matters since HiTech shares it.  Does anyone honestly believe that after 10-15 years somebody will miraculously stumble upon the "better thing" that will send HTC racing to change killshooter?

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
kill shooter
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2006, 11:47:38 AM »
Here is the fix.  HT remove 3 deaths from everyones score (thats about how many times they will killshooter them selfs in a year).   There, nothing to whine about now :huh
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.