Author Topic: US bashers  (Read 5610 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
US bashers
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2001, 11:46:00 AM »
 We invent Rock and Roll, Harley-Davidson, and Breast Augmentation. And still they claim we have no culture.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
US bashers
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2001, 11:47:00 AM »
I've dated more than a few Italian women in my day and age, gives a whole new meaning to 'the black forest'....did I just say that?  

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
US bashers
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2001, 11:54:00 AM »
 BTW. For those of you to young to remember. In the late 60,s early 70,s there was a period when girls refuse to ware bra,s, didn't shave, demanded orgasm, and were generally delightful in every way   .

Yes. I am a veteran of the sexual revolution

[This message has been edited by easymo (edited 01-24-2001).]

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
US bashers
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2001, 12:28:00 PM »
Ripsnort, I see we have a very different understanding of Italian women.  Black forest?  AFAIK, all the ones with back hair emigrated to the US.
the "unshaven" part we just make up to feel good about the fact that we are fatter than anybody else in the world.  They really do shave, and they weigh less and where tighter clothing.  Seriously, whenever I return to the US, the first thing that strikes me -- whether in California, New York or the Midwest -- is how fat, ugly and ill-dressed the people are.

What Santa calls our "culture", really isn't our culture.  We have that, and we don't export it.  What we export is a cheap substitute for culture the fulfills all the requirements without adding any substance that might limit its appeal.  The same could be said about our beer; we do have good beer, guys.  Calling that crap "american culture" is an insult to us.

What really bothers most of the world is that they are everyday reminded that the US exists, and that it has an impact politically, culturally, economically and environmentally on their daily lives, but that Americans themselves don't even know they exist.  When they do meet, most Americans expect their hosts to act like Americans.

Now, in all fairness, tourists all over the world act like jerks; after all, tourism is not the act of going and experiencing another culture, but rather it is the extension of one's own local culture beyond normal boundaries: most people become tourists to collect things (visits to monuments, museums, etc.) that will enhance their standing back home.  In my time, I've seen my share of loud and obnoxious tourists from all corners of the globe.  It's just that with Americans, the current geopolitical situation aggravates things.
And, yes, I've seen and lived in my share of foreign countries, and I've never been treated rudely because I was an American.  I've had people try to screw me over; I've caught an occasional insult, but the type of hatred I hear others describe just doesn't occur that often.  Unless, of course, you're unbelievable rude.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
US bashers
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2001, 12:39:00 PM »
Agreed Dinger, American women are over-sexed, over-weight, and OVER HERE!  60% of our population is overweight!

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
US bashers
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2001, 01:00:00 PM »
 Americans are not exporting our low-brow culture to Europe.
 Europe is importing that crap itself. European intellectuals prefer to think that this low-level "culture" is forced on them rather then admit they have very fertile soil for it in their countries.

Granted, due to better mobility of american society much of the new crap appears here first and then spreads to Europe, even if some of it was invented there. Witness the reality shows!

While our youth may be wild, ignorant and overweight, most of them work unlike huge number of unemployed youth in european countries.
 They also take showers more often, support more classical music orchestras then most european countries, and those are not state-subsidized.

miko

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
US bashers
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2001, 01:27:00 PM »
Alittle off topic, but why is it that the people that shouldn't be wearing stretch pants here in the USA always do?

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
US bashers
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2001, 01:40:00 PM »
wall-mart

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
US bashers
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2001, 01:45:00 PM »
I guess I should have posted "Dislike Americans"  #1 sadam is there for a reason (balance) we dont want iran and the saudies fighting over iraq .

lol Yeager , great comment

Without the europeans , WWII might have dragged on for a few more years , we owe All other countries involved  for there part in the war's.
I do agree when traveling , Americans ( any traveler ) need to be humble , and respect the people of the country we are visiting .

Online fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
US bashers
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2001, 01:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by miko2d:
While our youth may be wild, ignorant and overweight, most of them work unlike huge number of unemployed youth in european countries.

Last i checked the point of having a childhood was to enjoy and learn not work for 5$/hour flipping burgers.

They also take showers more often, support more classical music orchestras then most european countries, and those are not state-subsidized.

Since i do have a wife who is about to get her Masters from Juilliard in few months ... and is out looking for work  

American classical music scene is none existant with exception of New York City and there most of the musicians are immigrants.

At this time there is only one offer for a cellist in US - in Kentucky paying 22$/K a year.... and most likely that orchestra only plays 3 or 4 times a year...  just like the one where I live..

------------------
Bartlomiej Rajewski
aka. Wing Commander fd-ski
Northolt Wing
1st Polish Fighter Wing
303 (Polish) Squadron "Kosciuszko" RAF
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
315 (Polish) Squadron "City of Deblin" RAF

Turning 109s and 190s into scrap metal since 1998

Northolt Wing Headquarters

Mk10 225th

US bashers
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2001, 02:10:00 PM »
22K a year for four gigs? Man, where do I sign up for cello lessons!  

Anyone want to buy an Alvarez acoustic, cheap?

We invent Rock and Roll, Harley-Davidson, and Breast Augmentation. And still they claim we have no culture

Man, hard to add anything to that.

But seriously, it's Whiny Europeans that are the easy targets.  

This "we saved your bellybutton toejam" started in a bar in London probably, a little under sixty years ago.

Some smarmy, "ed-ju-kated" British guy probably got tired of listening to some Okie toss back good ale like it was Coors Lite, and expound on how wonderful and great the U.S. is, generally ruining the mood in some quaint little tavern with a funny name, and a large crest-like sign hanging outside.

Said smarmy British guy probably walked up to the chugging, boastful Okie, and made some really intelligent, learned, sarcastic remark.

Stunned by this sudden attack of wit and mental prowess, the inebriated subject from the Bosom of the American Heartland had to do something he probably wasn't used to.  He had to think fast.

"Ga-hilk," he thought, "Duh...I wonder what would REALLY push this Limey's button..."

Slowly, and with a thick tongue, the serviceman from the U.S. turned to the Brit, and stuttered, "Wuhl...um...whul...whul you better get down on your knees and kiss my rosey red Sooner butt pretty boy, 'cause we came over here to SAVE YOUR ASS!"

And the rest is history.

So chaps, take heart.  When you hear a Yank use that line, they have realized with lightning speed, how best to push your button.  It's kind of like the BFG9000 in Doom.  With one quick line, we can simplify any argument you could make, and piss you off in no time flat.

I hate to tell you this, but really, very few of us actually believe this.

But, we just can't resist being a bee in your bonnet, and just love watching you go into an absolute kanipschin fit after we've said it!  

We call it "Euro-baiting."    

Mk

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
US bashers
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2001, 02:12:00 PM »

Originally posted by mrfish:
wall-mart

ROTFLOL, great comment to my post MrFish! LOL!

TheWobble

US bashers
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2001, 02:26:00 PM »
Yup, even though Americans are these big assholse there sure seems to be a lack of threads where out of the blue we decide to try and belittle europe, however that seems to be the major europien squeak "americans are amazinhunks" every time I read this bord i see that and a bunch of other CRAP about how americans suck, yet its not very often ya see americans bashing anyone for no reason other than a reply for some remark, yet we are the badguys...I went to paris with my parents a while back we walked into a restraunt WITH DOGS IN IT btw, and we sat for 15 miniutes waiting for a waiter, a whole groupe of waters were just standing around just chatting and helping other costumers but never came our way, eventually we just quietly left, who is the amazinhunk in this instance...no wait im sure someway that us horrible rude american offened the waiters so they had every right to treat us like toejam..

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
US bashers
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2001, 02:49:00 PM »
TheWobble

Please use the spell checker when speaking for us Americans  
BTW you're not speaking for this American...

thanks

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

TheWobble

US bashers
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2001, 04:18:00 PM »
You would know if I was speaking for you