Author Topic: The Euro -- How are you guys liking it?  (Read 1419 times)

Offline gavor

• Nickel Member
      • http://users.senet.com.au/~shanga
The Euro -- How are you guys liking it?
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2002, 11:29:00 PM »
Is the Euro plastic? This thread has made me laugh a bit. Years ago Australia changed to plastic notes for everything. Nice shiny colorful plastic notes. At first everyone was like 'this looks like play money' and 'they feel funny' and 'its not like the old money'. You'll get over it. Now days I dont think anyone has a complaint. Expecially since its plastic. You can get your wallet wet and no problems. They dont rip easy etc etc.
Since they're so colorful its easy to find the one you want, especially handy for older people or those with vision problems.
I've seen US money and it makes me laugh. Its all the same color, that horrible green and they all look the same and rip easily. Plus you have that wierd Iluminati stuff on the $1 note.

Anyway, thats my little contribution.

Offline LtHans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2002, 03:39:00 AM »
Gavor...shhhhh.

Didn't you know the USA is actually just a front for the Illuminati and we are trying to take over the world?

Anyways

but that is whats make Europe Europe.And im sorry to say thats typical american:you having a hard time understand that so many people can be so different in such a small space speaking so many different languages etc etc no offence(my own predudice against americans)

No, I wasn't surprised by it.  I just found it disheatening to see so many people dismiss each other as "beneath" them because of those differences (this is what I saw...particularily the nice Swastikas painted on a Turk's clothing stand in an open market in Germany).

I've got a friend who is Phillipeno, and several of the people I work with are as different as can be.  Indian (as in Native American/Pawnee tribe), Indian (as in India), Russians (from Russia), Africans, Mexicans, and a New Yorker thrown in for good measure (he's a bit of an bellybutton though...but they're all like that).

I just think its better to work together than to compete to be the "best" on your own.  Thus, I really like the European Union idea.

Hans.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2002, 07:53:00 AM »
Daff: oh, I was being ethnocentric: was speaking about the Danish krone  :).

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2002, 08:02:00 AM »
"One Central Government is the single worst idea the human race has ever come up with. I hope you're still in high school"

Q1: How many civil wars have the American States had under one government?

Q2: How many civil wars have the European States had under disparate governments?

You may want to put your teeth back in before answering, the world's a changing place.....

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2002, 09:42:00 AM »
I honestly think euro's rule and I am happy with them.
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline Hobodog

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.military.com
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2002, 09:54:00 AM »
Different languages no problem. We have mexicans here. Thjey are invadeing. You in spain should be happy for in twenty years we will all be speaking mexican, yes mexican not spanish.

Offline Dawvgrid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2002, 09:59:00 AM »
I just think its better to work together than to compete to be the "best" on your own. Thus, I really like the European Union idea.

I always considered competition
as a positive thing,,,you`ll perform better,,,,also disagreemennt,might give you
a better result,than if you agreed.

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2002, 12:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by Hobodog:
Different languages no problem. We have mexicans here. Thjey are invadeing. You in spain should be happy for in twenty years we will all be speaking mexican, yes mexican not spanish.

Hmmm spanish-speaking markets on the rise in US? No big news, that's why Terra bought Lycos  ;)

Anyway, those are splendid news for companies here, although Mexican sometimes sounds a bit funny for us spaniards (I bet we sound funny to them as well  :D)

Daniel, aka Cyrano
PS: An amusing story is that I went to the west coast to visit and I said "hell, let's make the most of the visit and practice some American English"... well, that was wishful thinking indeed, since the only language I spoke other than Spanish was Catalan... over the phone with my girlfriend at home!  :D :D :D