Author Topic: Tank Towns and Fighter Towns  (Read 3340 times)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Tank Towns and Fighter Towns
« on: February 18, 2006, 09:14:07 PM »
Tank Town and Fighter Town are designed into maps so that those who wish to have a short flight or drive to some good furballing can do so in relative peace.  They both are fun for quick action and gets all three countries involved.

I personally never play in Tank Town because I'm even more horrible in a GV then I am when I'm in a fighter.

I rarely fly in Fighter Town also.  But a great deal of the Aces High Community use these two venues when they are available on the Map. They were requested by the Community so quick action on the ground or in the air would be possible without worrying about strat etc.

IMHO.....anyone destroying and taking bases in either of these venues is taking away what the AH Community wanted!  HTC was nice enough to give us these two mini maps in a map for reasons stated above!  Please Gents and Ladies let the people who use these two areas of the Map have fun!  Let them alone!  They aren't involved in base taking on the Map, they aren't milkrunning and divebombing someone elses base.  If say GVs destroyed and took another vehicle base from within Tank Town I feel that's part of the game.  But coming from three sectors away and using divebombing Lancs to disrupt them just because you can is childish!  Let them enjoy what they pay for.  Let the FT Bases alone also.  Let them have fun.

Again.....just MHO.

The views stated above aren't necessarily the views of our sponsors. :aok
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Badboy58

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 09:28:39 PM »
Ditto:)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 09:51:07 PM »
Hajo speaks the truth.

It's just griefers causing trouble in both cases.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 10:15:04 PM »
Well said sir
I would think it cool if Tanks couldnt Spawn into or out of Trinity Tank valley too.:aok

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 10:34:30 PM »
Let the FT Bases alone also. Let them have fun.

What if someone's idea of fun is doing just what you described?

Maybe they get off on hearing people complain?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 10:47:50 PM »
Originally posted by AutoPilot
What if someone's idea of fun is doing just what you described?

Maybe they get off on hearing people complain?

Then those players would be stunninghunks.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 11:10:16 PM »
Hrm... Bish repeatedly steal tank town fields and fighter town fields, no posts. Then BISH lose *1* TT v-field (they still have another, to re-take it) and we get a post on the forums...

Hrm.....

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 12:37:23 AM »
Krusty. This subject has been brought up from all sides several times in the past.
I can remember about 3 months ago when Rook or Knight (Can't remember which one) captured the entire TT on Trinity twice in one running of the map. It wasn't strategic or even close to a reset, they just though it was funny listening to all the crying on CH200. It doesn’t change the fact that it is rather childish for others to intentionally carry out such acts simply ruin what other's consider to be their idea of fun. Of course we can expect the generic "Its just a game" outa someone just to pick at the scab. Would you like to be the first while your busy making NO point? :rolleyes:

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 02:18:36 AM »
You vulch FT  i'll bomb ord deack with bombs your base. You spawn tiger TT  cap our spawns i'll bring bombs. you bomb me tt  i'll bomb your country

just like fighter town When bish and rooks losing fight they send deackers to base and just start vulch. I'd rather see capture then weak  kill ack vulch then brag about vulch kills on 200.

lastly you'll never get entire arena to play 1 way, Ask Dale he knows he's tried........................ ............

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Re: Tank Towns and Fighter Towns
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 09:46:03 AM »
Originally posted by Hajo
....to disrupt them just because you can is childish!

You have "children" of all ages playing the game. It will NEVER stop, period.

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 09:58:50 AM »
Someone today in MA siad-50k walls around TT

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006, 11:52:49 AM »
Last time we had donut, I lost count after 20 boxes of buffs sent to the rook base within the 1st hour I was in the FT in donut.  Gets really annoying when a buff pilot thinks he is doing good by bombing in FT.  I will watch the enemy kill my own buffs and refuse to help them as I am strongly against having ord in FT.  If it is between an enemy plane or a enemy buff to kill first I will go after the buffs as they will try to kill a base's FHs.

I know most fighter pilots that fly in FT feel this was and pretty much leave someone attacking buffs alone so they can kill the buffs so they dont ruin fights in FT.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline HardRock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2006, 12:17:39 PM »
Whoa..there is a fightertown now in MA? Is this all maps?

Nice going :)

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2006, 12:19:10 PM »
Bravo Hajo!!

HTC put this or an abbreviated version in the MOTD in the MA!  Add FT and TT on every map and the grief that rips through your community will go away over night.

I know most fighter pilots that fly in FT feel this was and pretty much leave someone attacking buffs alone so they can kill the buffs so they dont ruin fights in FT.
Absolutely!!  I always give free passage to guys attacking bombers in FT.  It's too bad they have to do that crap rather than fight.

I think Vulching is in FT is even worse.  It shows who the lamers are for sure.  If people would wait in the middle the fight will eventually return.  If you vulch it wont.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 12:36:38 PM »
I actually enjoy taking bombers up in FT.....good for gunnery practice.

FT and TT same thing different style. - FT style - deack, runway run and vulch -  run home  -land kills. TT style - spawn camp - deack - hanger camp.

Taking a FT base / TT is alot of fun - more challenge because theres more defenders.... I'd rather try to organize something to take a large well defended area than go sneaking off noe to milkrun an undefended base.