Author Topic: "I'm very, very sorry ... "  (Read 2280 times)

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
"I'm very, very sorry ... "
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2001, 02:27:00 PM »
oh and one more thing....sorry but:

"Did this kid harbor some vicious intent to kill? I doubt it. He was probably “screwing around” without the mental capacity to understand his actions. I remember running around playing cops and robbers at this age. The difference is that instead of air guns this kid had access to the real thing. Couple this with the fact that he apparently had no adult supervision and you have trouble."

that's the most nuts excuse i've ever heard. i hope you dont really believe that.

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2001, 02:35:00 PM »
Any of you here ever wondered why even the possibility of doing such a thing comes to a mind of child under 15 years old ?

I bet you that they were not born with a killer instinct....

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2001, 02:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by fd ski:
Any of you here ever wondered why even the possibility of doing such a thing comes to a mind of child under 15 years old ?

I bet you that they were not born with a killer instinct....

it's the music.  has to be the music.  no, it's the video games, must be the video games.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2001, 03:13:00 PM »
nm

[ 07-27-2001: Message edited by: funkedup ]

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2001, 04:38:00 PM »
I don't see what the outrage is...

He did a horrible crime and is serving 28 years. There ya go. Are ya asking for this kid to be electrocuted or something? I doubt the public in general could stomache something like that. I couldn't.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2001, 04:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by Nifty:
the kid knew what he was doing, unless he's mentally retarded, he knew.  Scary thing is I bet he doesn't even serve 25 years.  Couple of kids in England kidnapped a toddler from a mall, tortured him, killed him, and left him on the train tracks to get dismembered.  They were 11 or so when they did this.  At 18, they're released, given new identities for THEIR protection, and are allowed back into society.  Well, at least we can see this isn't a US only problem.    :(  Great world we live in;  glad I just have cats at the moment.

Did you get rid of your kids?

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2001, 05:19:00 PM »
Wow, there are people here who's opinions I haven't agreed with.  But, for the most part, I've understood their point of view.  Some of you wish to sanction the killing of a 14 year old boy.  The fact that people like you exist is what make me wonder what the world is coming to...I was going to go on but there's no point, I wish there was.
  :(

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2001, 05:27:00 PM »
He got a bum rap if you ask me, just like O.J.

I don't think he should be killed either Thrawn. I donate Nintendo's to prison children with bad raps foundation every Christmas.

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2001, 05:43:00 PM »
Come on Blur, were you retarded until the age of 18? I didn't think so. When I was 13 I knew the difference between a living person and a dead one and what the result would be if I shot someone in the face. They'd be dead, and they wouldn't come back. Now, it's been 13 years since I was 13, and kids are getting more mature at younger ages. This kid new exactly what he was doing, and sorry or not, I'd be happy to see him taken to the gas chamber.
At 13 I knew what sex was all about (I think)
I knew what driving was, and how important it was not to crash.
I knew what alcohol was, and that too much of it was bad for you (and other people
I knew it was important to go to school to get educated
I knew what drugs were, and to stay away from them
I knew what guns were, and how cool it would be to have one of my own (M10 was my favourite)
I don't think I should have been free to have sex, take drugs, smoke, drink, drive a car (even whilst not doing any of the others) own a gun or give up school, because I was not fully responsible
If you are going to treat kids like adults, give them all the rights and priveleges of adults. If they ain't old enough to vote screw or drink, they ain't old enough to get the death penalty either.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2001, 06:31:00 PM »
Good point Nashwan.  I say for all of the murderers under the age of 18...no, wait 21 (you can't drink until you're 21), I say for all of the murderers under the age of 21 that are sentenced to death, we first provide them with a hooker and a bottle of booze.  Voting is kind of out of the question, since they've committed a felony.  Fair enough?

SOB

Oh, and Thrawn, I'm not advocating the killing of a 13 year old boy, I'm advocating the execution of a 13 year old convicted murderer.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2001, 08:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by SOB:
Oh, and Thrawn, I'm not advocating the killing of a 13 year old boy, I'm advocating the execution of a 13 year old convicted murderer.

Probably an unfair use of language on my part.  But, that's how I see it.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2001, 09:42:00 PM »
Didn't know what he was doing? YGBSM.

From CNN:

During the trial, the teen testified that he pointed the gun at Grunow because he would not let him speak to two girls in his class. Brazill, who was sent home earlier that day for a water balloon fight, testified that he cocked the .25 caliber pistol because he wanted Grunow to take him seriously, and the weapon went off. He said he thought the safety was on.

Prosecutors argued that Brazill brought the gun to school because he was angry about being suspended by another teacher for throwing water balloons. They said he was also upset because he was failing Grunow's class.

In his closing argument, assistant State Attorney Marc Shiner repeated his opening statement that a "storm was brewing" inside Nathaniel Brazill the day of the shooting last year.

Kurt Grunow said he was "very disappointed" with Brazill's conviction on the reduced charge    

"This is first-degree murder anyway you look at it," he said. "You don't point a gun at someone and when it goes off ... call it an accident."

Prosecutors called a number of students who saw the shooting and a girl who said he made death threats just hours before the shooting. The most dramatic testimony came from Brazill himself during two days on the stand last week."

Yah, right. Didn't know what he was doing. Premeditation, pointing it at the head, cocking it.

:rolleyes:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2001, 10:07:00 PM »
What I find curious is everyone is in agreement that he did it, and he is guilty as charged.  However, like every other slam-dunk case, we have to devout 99% of the trial and media time into "The poor young man, he had such a bad, rough life to put him into this situation".  Yup, let's feel sorry for the suspect/criminal rather than the victime.

Hello?  <slap slap>  There is a wife without a husband and children without a father because dweebo brought a gun to school and forgot that pulling the trigger makes it go bang.

Personally, the kid should get a booster seat and go sit in the nice, big electric chair.  And as an act of kindness, hold my Saturn's Diehard battery and charge it up for me.     :D  <Just kidding guys, its a joke>

But really, for something as obvious as this case, I don't give a damn about this kids "rehabilitation" and such.  He committed a crime and killed someone.  He's going to learn a lesson he apparently couldn't learn from his mother:  Responsibilty.

I wish him 28 loving years with "Bubba".

[ 07-27-2001: Message edited by: LePaul ]

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2001, 10:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul:

Personally, the kid should get a booster seat and go sit in the nice, big electric chair

lol

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2001, 12:03:00 AM »
Typically a criminal serves 1/2 time with good behavior. He will be out by 27.