Author Topic: Complete Military History of France  (Read 2653 times)

Offline tce2506

• Copper Member
Complete Military History of France
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2006, 02:09:03 PM »
lol, that's funnay!  /|\
                               |

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Complete Military History of France
« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2006, 02:28:29 PM »
That is funny... But since someone brought it up: -

Originally posted by NattyIced
I've seen this piece of absolutely horrific stupidity being circulated as chain letters before, but this one always pisses me off. I must preface my argument by stating I'm American, but I ****ing know history. America did NOT save France and it was not a tie amongst the Allies vs the Central Powers. Americans had a factor in the war, but only as French soldiers and airmen up until the point America joined the war in 1917 - and the only purpose the American military served was absorbing bullets. THREE YEARS after the fighting had begun. The Lafayette Escadrille, and Americans serving in French regiments, had more effect on the war than the entire American "armed services" did. In WWI, our military was nonexistant and training to get the doughboys into the war was pathetic at best.

Giving the French **** might be fun, but I'll be damned if ignorant smacktards will be the ones doing it.

I agree completely.  The WWI statement really irks me too.  The British and the French were in a battle of attrition against the Germans that would leave only one winner.

The only impotus the American entry to the war created was to spurn the Germans into making a last gasp attempt to win the war through offensive actions, which they failed and inevitably led to surrender.

The US military was learning lessons most of the time they were in WWI and using French/British equipment.

The British were fighting in a foreign land to liberate France from the outset in 1914 and suffered the best part of a million casualties in the process, yet you dont hear them scream "WE SAVED FRANCE!!!!!!"

The French fought as hard as any other combatant in the first world war.  To say that they were saved is disrespectful to all those war dead.

Military casualties in WWI: -

Belgium               45,550
British Empire       942,135
France             1,368,000
Greece                23,098
Italy                680,000
Japan                  1,344
Montenegro             3,000
Portugal               8,145
Romania              300,000
Russia             1,700,000
Serbia                45,000
United States        116,516
Austria-Hungary    1,200,000
Bulgaria              87,495
Germany            1,935,000
Ottoman Empire       725,000
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 02:30:47 PM by Furball »
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2006, 02:58:35 PM »
Originally posted by Ouaibe
So typical...

I have a real deep respect to Brits (specially them) / Russians / Canadians / USA  forces that freed europe (not only us) from the nazis.

Surely not from some poor guys who dishonor themselves with those kind of posts and beliefs (see 1st post). Did they ask there grandpa' about what they lived down there? I'm sure they haven't even a clue...

Re-inventing history is so convenient.

It's sad this post got lost in all the crap.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2006, 04:36:23 PM »
accept

No turning back once you do, and nothing to regret either.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2006, 05:25:29 PM »
The US military was learning lessons most of the time they were in WWI and using French/British equipment.

We had superb rifles..  the 1903 Springfield and the 1917 Enfield (American Made) were not anything to sneeze at. The cruddy POS Chauchat the French issued to American units couldn't hold a candle to the BAR.. which made it's debut in France in WWI. Also.. the Lewis Gun, an American weapon was the finest of it's type in use at the time and was used extensively n by the British and French.

The French fought as hard as any other combatant in the first world war. To say that they were saved is disrespectful to all those war dead.

Horsecrap. The French Army MUNTIED! If not for the BRITISH, CANADIANS and ANZACS it would have been over RIGHT THEN!

To say or even infer that Americans did nothing more than 'absorb bullets' is pure horsecrap.. and our units never 'mutnied' or refused to go over the top. EVER.. like the entire freakin French Army did. Here's a freakin FACT for you obnoxious ungrateful Frogs and Limeys.. American blood, spilled in France INSURED an Allied Victory. While you miserable salamanders stand around drinking tea and wine an congragulating each other on YOUR victory remember just whose Navy guarded the convoys of food and war material we shipped over there , who's Merchant Marine manned those ships and died by the hundreds getting it there, who's Army came to your aid and 'absorbed' HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of German bullets during YOUR time of need.

REMEMBER BELLEAU WOOD! And remember the MEN that stopped that last German Offensive, men that fought on beyond all reason, men that refused surrender, men that fought in a forigen land for YOUR security and freedom ... you miserable salamanders!

'nothing more than absorb bullets', my ass!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2006, 05:32:47 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
REMEMBER BELLEAU WOOD!

Hard to forget, after seeing the movie about how Ricyy Schroder won WW1.  ;)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2006, 05:42:43 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by skernsk
BTW, the French lost alot of wars. America won alot amongst themselves or against countries like Mexico (which even the French could have defeated).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Frenchy

Cough*cinquodemayo*cought

I do find it funny though that the US celebrates Cinco de Mayo as a quasi-holiday while in Mexico it's just basically another normal day.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2006, 05:43:38 PM »
in WW1 the germans ,english, french, etc did not know how to fight a modern war, they used human wave attacks against machine guns.

thats why the war was a stalemate and had huge casualties.

they needed the americans to come over and show them how to fight and win(us marines-belleauwood),(sgt. york, who was a pacifist).

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2006, 06:43:39 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
in WW1 the germans ,english, french, etc did not know how to fight a modern war, they used human wave attacks against machine guns.

thats why the war was a stalemate and had huge casualties.

they needed the americans to come over and show them how to fight and win(us marines-belleauwood),(sgt. york, who was a pacifist).

Hrmmm...we showed americans how to fight...america saved ww1....that means Australia saved america??

WOOHOOO... we won ww1 all on our own!!!!

You may now all form an orderly que and show homage to Australia :aok

(except all those from New Zealand, Britain, Canada, and France...you were already there with us)

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2006, 07:14:38 PM »
I like how folks just see what they wanna see, Right Tronsky??

Horsecrap. The French Army MUTINED! If not for the BRITISH, CANADIANS and ANZACS it would have been over RIGHT THEN!

Pfffft.. one kid chimes in with a 'me too' and yer on THAT like stink on ****.

Typical.

Your boys spent themselves uselessly at Gallipoli, didn't they? In what was basicaly a 'rifle war', the Turks proved your equals; did they not? What did THEY 'teach' you? Enh? How about 'Well, a buncha towlies taught us how to NOT win a war..."

Henh.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2006, 08:13:53 PM »
Your boys spent themselves uselessly at Gallipoli, didn't they?

Naw, Churchill spent them uselessly.  Curchill = Hitler!!....uh wait a second.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2006, 08:21:43 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Bull****.  The french only stepped in when the battle was already won.

The only significant contribution they had to the war was hiring a PRUSSIAN to help train US troops at Valley Forge.

Our military DID save France.  It saved Britain too.  Don't claim you hate people ignorant of history when you are ignorant of it yourself.

Just before US entered, the west campaign was a stalemate.  Everything the allies had vs. about 3/5 of what Germany had.  

Just before we got there, Russia got it's bellybutton kicked by germany in the east.  Germany then tried to train / ship all of the east front soldiers to the west front as quick as possible.

It is a FACT that had America not been there, germany would have easily over run the west lines.

Good thing yer going to be an Engineer.  Now leave the History to those "who know" please.  France was helping us for the majority of the Revolution (Volunteers, supplies, etc.).  

Poland was also a big supporter of the American Revolution.  

Casimir (Count) Pulaski arrived in America on July 23 1777, and applied to the Congress for commission, requesting to be placed under direct command of General Washington. In September, he took temporary command of Washington's Cavalry Detachment and saved military supplies by repulsing British attack at Brandywine. Congress commissioned Pulaski Brigadier General and gave him command of four Light Calvary Regiments. He distinguished himself at the Battle of Germantown.

In the winter of 1777-78 at Valley Forge, he reorganized his Cavalry Corps and issued service regulations for the Cavalry. In February, 1778, with Washington's endorsement, he submitted his plan to Congress and the War Department and with the authorization of Congress he formed the Independent Corps (later to be known as the Pulaski Legion.) He fought several skirmishes at Egg Harbor. Mortally wounded during the attack on British forces in Savannah, Pulaski died aboard the American Brig Wasp.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2006, 08:24:45 PM »
I like how folks just see what they wanna see, Right Tronsky??

Pfffft.. one kid chimes in with a 'me too' and yer on THAT like stink on ****.

Typical.

Your boys spent themselves uselessly at Gallipoli, didn't they? In what was basicaly a 'rifle war', the Turks proved your equals; did they not? What did THEY 'teach' you? Enh? How about 'Well, a buncha towlies taught us how to NOT win a war..."

Henh.

The 8th Army drove Rommel out of Africa and Liberated Italy (but the Polish Troops were sent to be slaughtered at Cassino).   Read a great book on them last year.   I cannot sling the 8th Army around, they were some of the most Stubborn MotherFu*kers in WWII.  

I realize you are talking about WW1

Karaya
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 08:41:05 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2006, 08:35:15 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
In September, he took temporary command of Washington's Cavalry Detachment and saved military supplies by repulsing British attack at Brandywine.

Thus allowing the four Hobbits to reach the ferry.  And the rest, as they say, is history.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2006, 08:38:35 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
Thus allowing the four Hobbits to reach the ferry.  And the rest, as they say, is history.

Truth hurts eh?  Now how about the Polish not being invited to the "Victory Parade in London in 1946"?  

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC