Author Topic: Global Warming... is THIS how we'll perish?  (Read 17938 times)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Global Warming... is THIS how we'll perish?
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2006, 09:02:56 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
I never knew that Davy Crockett couldn't spell.  :lol

That can be added to a long list of things you don`t know.
Crockett had a little more important things to worry about than pleasing some chap from England with his spelling. Things such as establishing and helping in the running of a young nation and fighting for the independence of Texas. Don`t worry about Mr. Crockett`s spelling. He did just fine.
If I were you I wouldn`t let it bother me. With the approaching global warming you should be instructing restaurant owners to raise their establisments on stilts to avoid being submerged. That way you will have places to quinch your thirst for knowledge. :rofl

So.....the sky is falling, global warming is coming. an asteroid has our name on it and I might add that a prediction for one of the worst hurricane seasons for Texas has been predicted.
Who here has the answers to avoid all this?
Maybe we can come up with something to change what mother nature is up to and has been up to as long as history has been recorded.
Maybe we can come up with some way to use chemicals or what not to Get R Done. That`s worked out great for us in the long run in other areas. :aok
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2006, 09:19:49 AM »
Global warming is there.
It can be countered with.
It was expected to come and could have been countered with before, if not for people with light minds in ample numbers.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2006, 09:34:48 AM »
angus, plant flowers

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2006, 09:40:10 AM »
Originally posted by Angus
Global warming is there.

Where angus?

It can be countered with.

Countered with...what?
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2006, 09:47:43 AM »
Global warming is where?
On the Globe of course. Very noticable on areas nearer to the poles, as well as with energy of the weather such as the recent twisters and Hurricanes.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2006, 09:57:46 AM »
Well as far as I know there has been twisters and hurricanes that goes back as far as recorded history. There has also been constant climate changes as far back as can be found.

Now....countered with what?

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2006, 10:05:32 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
So how come only a couple of scientists and rolex and beet and angus know about all this...  I mean damnit all!!!!!
Maybe because we have a thirst for knowledge, and actually take the trouble to read the news and learn about this little blue ball of ours? Speaking of which...

...Angus - I read another two articles about this in today's paper Looks like the UK will become an even "tinier little island".  
So long as I can get premium for under 3 bucks a gallon I don't really care.
Lazs - not picking on you, but that sort of ostrich like denial of the problem is half the problem. If it were just you that felt this way, it wouldn't be so bad. But there are thousands of people - including high ranking politicians - who feel the same way, and George Bush is probably one of them.
Countered with...what? - jack
Well, if you think back to my Will the USA green up its act? thread, Rotax had the answer - to put 8,000,000 rolls of Seran Wrap into space. :rofl
Maybe we can come up with something to change what mother nature is up to...
It's not Mother Nature, it's us!!! Or rather it's you. Of all the countries in the world, the US is by far the biggest contributor of carbon emissions at 25% of the world total. When I cited this in my earlier thread, a cheeky chappie from down under dismissed my figures thus: "Given those figures are guesses by hippies based on energy use I think you're screwed in this thread." Erm... hippies? US Department of Energy, actually. What makes matters worse is that the world's second largest greenhouse gas contributor is China at 15%, but it must be remembered that China is America's third largest trading partner, and that much of China's economy (and greenhouse gas output) comes as a result of producing goods destined for the US.
Maybe we can come up with some way to use chemicals or what not to Get R Done.
Hmm - one of several "maybes" in your post. Ah yes, I recognise this one - W's magic chemical spray. Oh puhleeeezzze!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2006, 10:39:05 AM »
That little blue ball of ours goes through weather cycles beet and we cannot stop it.  History proves it.

Our world is a dynamic one.  Very little about it stays the same from year to year, millenium to millenium.

We cannot stop, interrupt, or alter  that dynamic.   What effect we do have is pretty small in the overall scheme of things.  There will always be scientists reacting to changes while only being armed with but a small amount of the data points really needed to predict things as it pertains to our world.

Global warming is a naturally ocurring cycle we cannot stop.  We can hurry it a bit, but we cannot stop it.  One thing about this whole topic.  Anyone can find anything they want to support thier stand.

In the end, it is nothing more than speculation.  I am not a big fan of reacting to speculation in panic mode.  Almost always ends up being a very bad thing to do.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2006, 11:03:47 AM »
Angus - unfortunately some people have closed minds, and your sound advice will fall on the deaf ears in some cases.

I believe everyone is in agreement that they are melting. As to how much human intervention has to do with the melting? Well, as one naturalist I spoke with put it: "We're very arrogant to think that we, humans, are the sole reason for global warming..."

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2006, 11:04:19 AM »
Skuzzy, you don't get it.

He's actually BEEN to Qatar on vacation.

See?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2006, 11:15:23 AM »
I know what I am going to do... buy up as much land in Colorado's high country and sell it to all you idiots when the oceans melt and you come squaling to us for refuge!

But... the key is I will maintain the water rights myself!  

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA  I will be the 733t water merchant!
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2006, 11:17:23 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
I know what I am going to do... buy up as much land in Colorado's high country and sell it to all you idiots when the oceans melt and you come squaling to us for refuge!

But... the key is I will maintain the water rights myself!  

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA  I will be the 733t water merchant!

I think the biggest fear is, those that are filthy rich are worried that the rednecks that live on alittle higher ground are going to be the next rulers of the real estate market! :D

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2006, 11:19:33 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
We cannot stop, interrupt, or alter  that dynamic.   What effect we do have is pretty small in the overall scheme of things.  There will always be scientists reacting to changes while only being armed with but a small amount of the data points really needed to predict things as it pertains to our world.

Quote from the first link...
Prof McGuire said a "doomsday" scenario would see a 275ft rise but this was extremely unlikely and would only happen if we do nothing about carbon emissions, leading to a runaway greenhouse effect.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2006, 11:20:04 AM »
Hoookay..

We're all jugglers now...

in the air now...

The War on Terror
The War on the American Middle Class
The War on Drugs
The War on the Constitution
The War on Islam
The War on Border Security

..and Mother Natures lil War on the Human Infestation.

"thank you sir, may i have another?"
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2006, 11:25:18 AM »
It's not Mother Nature, it's us!!![/size] Or rather it's you. Of all the countries in the world, the US is by far the biggest contributor of carbon emissions at 25% of the world total. [/IMG] [/B]

Awwww the Evil U.S. Empire. Knew it was going to get worked in, but it`s always amazing to see how you are going to do it.
Pulse rate--------> over 30.

Hmm - one of several "maybes" in your post. Ah yes, I recognise this one - W's magic chemical spray. Oh puhleeeezzze!

No Beetle, as usual, you are assuming and you don`t recognize anything.
It was actualy sarcasm to the fact that anytime someone comes up with a perceived  solution to a problem,  it , as a rule,  screws up way more than it could ever accomplish on the plus side.
Do try to keep up old bean.

I`m still waiting on all the theoretical sloutions to the theoretical problems from thos who seem so concerned on this board.

I , also, remember the ice age returning theory. "Coming to an earth near you soon" back down the road. I get a little chilly from time to time, but haven`t froze solid yet. :)
This year , in our area of Texas, we had a pretty bad drought. Very, very little rain at times whn we normaly get rain. The lake I live on went to between eight to ten feet below normal pool level. Global warming was mentioned more than once for the cause of this.
Last week we had flooding in our area and areas around us.( I`m sure some thought the great floods of biblical times were returning :)) The lake is on the rise back to it`s normal state.
I have seen this cycle a few times since I graced the earth with my presence. :aok
It`s mother nature. Screw with it and see how far you get.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 11:38:07 AM by Jackal1 »