Author Topic: This has always puzzled me...  (Read 3815 times)

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
This has always puzzled me...
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2006, 10:20:09 PM »
slight mismatch in a battle of wits between AP and DoK.... that's like a quadroplegic midget (AP) vs. mike tyson (DoK).... :rolleyes:

and your stick makes absolutely ZERO difference in the end... if your stick doesn't spike, has a view hat, and a trigger, you'll be FINE. I've been using a $50 stick since I started this game, and didn't bother getting pedals until a few months ago....
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 10:23:23 PM by wetrat »
Army of Muppets

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2006, 10:59:34 PM »
Originally posted by AutoPilot
Yea your right as if i would care anyway.You and the other super awesome dweeb flying plane types can eat a ****

...........werd!

LMAO and what do you do? Just log in and "chat" to people from the tower?

LOL like I said, you are too stoopid to argue this one.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2006, 11:37:16 PM »
:lol

Go Dok.

:aok

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2006, 11:39:29 PM »
Even a retarded midget with muscle disorders can make kills  while flying a Spitfire,Niki  and a cheap stick.

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2006, 11:49:56 PM »
Originally posted by Glasses
Even a retarded midget with muscle disorders can make kills  while flying a Spitfire,Niki  and a cheap stick.

No I can't.

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.lookupinwonder.nl
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2006, 12:46:46 AM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
But, believe it or not, some fly, what I call, conservatively simply because killing efficiently without dying is what they find most realistic and fun. I know this because I am one of those. I could not care less about my rank, but I do care about not giving up my pelt due to stupidity. I'd much rather kill 2 and live than kill 5 and die.

Zazen

I very much agree.

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2006, 07:01:32 AM »
Originally posted by Urchin
I get frustrated just like everyone else, and one of the things that frustrates me the most is seeing someone who is in a plane that is superior in every single way to the one I'm in refuse to fight at all.  Not E-fighting, not angles fighting, not doing much except making lazy halfass bore n zoom passes while screaming for more people to show up and come help him (presumably).

(presumably) >>>>That can be presumed or taken for granted; reasonable as a supposition: presumable causes of the disaster.<<<< It never ceases to amaze me when GAMEPLAYERS of your skill level complain about not finding challenging fights. If you are at a level where it takes 6 on 1 to challenge your skills...then by all means do so. Sir.

storch

« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2006, 07:05:52 AM »
he couldn't handle 3 190s all at lower alts in the AvA the other day and the fight started 3 on 3 to begin with and they were all in spitVs with a significant alt advantage.

Offline AILUF

• Zinc Member
« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2006, 01:49:11 AM »
Yes i switched because i got hot headed from lack of teamwork. And  sure I respect those good players on the other team like 999000.

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2006, 02:29:13 AM »
I don't really see any real difference between the sides. To think one side doesn't use teamwork, or one just vulches and porks troops and ord is a ridiculous statement.

If the sides were different, they'd have different planes, settings. But no, each side has the same access to the amount and type of airplanes and ordinance.

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2006, 07:28:52 AM »
Originally posted by wetrat

and your stick makes absolutely ZERO difference in the end... if your stick doesn't spike, has a view hat, and a trigger, you'll be FINE. I've been using a $50 stick since I started this game, and didn't bother getting pedals until a few months ago....

I beg to agree AND disagree.

Yes, a good pilot with a mouse can probably beat a bad one with a full CH setup.

But, a better stick still makes things easier.

When i started flying, i did so with a very simple JS with hatswitch and a small throttle lever, four buttons, no rudder. My "skill" especially gunnery and low speed abilities jumped to about triple when i got a stick that had rudder control (rocker).
A few months back, i got a X45.... while the difference wasnt THAT noticable, i now use flaps a lot more and smoother then i did when i still had to remove hand from rudder to reach the buttons.

Im pretty sure once i get pedals, my rudder control will improve. Thats at least what i try to tell myself ;).

So, yes, equipment does make a difference (to a certain point). But it wont do the "dirty work" ie training/learning/practice for you. You gotta learn to USE it.

PS: Autopilot, i havent seen YOU in the TA for quite a while....
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2006, 09:29:23 AM »
Originally posted by AutoPilot
Maybe Ghosth and WideWing,that is about all out of the "Trainers"......

Strongly disagree!!  I've had excellent direct contact with Badboy and Murdr, whose styles of teaching match well with my style of learning. Even guys whose teaching styles dont click as well with me have been so eager to help out that I've felt guilty for not doing sessions with them. (Thanks Hammer, Widewing, and TC -- trust me its learning style, not teacher deficiiency!!)

Some trainers are great at fundamentals, solidifying building blocks that only show up in combat skills down the road.

Others dont verbalize as directly, but they're great at doing a fight and telling you where you zigged instead of zagged.

All of them have made a long term commitment to give up their free time - and flight time -- to teach those who want to learn, and the ride herd on the TA when those with "personalities" make life uncomfortable for the rest  of us.

great folks  like schatzi and infensus also teach lots, and because there're
only a few trainers the unofficial ones make do a huge amount the rest of the time.

Dont slam the trainers. They're  an important volunteer resource.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2006, 09:58:22 AM »
Took me a while to realize that some people WANT to play, but DON'T want to get better.

Even guys wiht limited time could take a 30 minutes -- giving up a single flight session -- to spend with a trainer appointment. That single appointment could make noticable changes, changes that I'd think would make the game MORE fun from then on. Two months later, try another appointment and learn one more thing.

But some players are either perfectly happy dying a lot, or they're happy enough in their unhappiness that they dont want to take steps to move forward.

ITs not the way my head works, so I can't pretend to understand it, and I wont offer any theories. Well, maybe its the guys refusal to ask directions gone wild...dunno. But I've seen guys who played 4+ yers with kpd's of 0.6, who wanted help with setting up new equipment but didnt want any tips on actually flying. I've had 1v1s in the MA where the con flat turned to my immel, and I've PM'd -- "hey, no offense or ego, but do you want to know how I got behind you so fast?" -- with no response.

Wanting to do it better isnt the same as wishing I could beat Morph or Lev or Urchin. I dont have the natural talent to get to the very top, and I wouldnt want to invest the discipline and time it'd take for me to get that good. Its a game, not my life. But personally I just dont understand not wanting to improve.

Bottom line is its their $15, and if they dont want to build thir skills no amount of arguing or whining will change their mind.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 10:00:24 AM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2006, 10:16:51 AM »
Originally posted by Schatzi

Im pretty sure once i get pedals, my rudder control will improve. Thats at least what i try to tell myself ;).

The rocker for rudder control I found useless for the most part. Rudder pedals is the way to go. Much better control.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2006, 12:14:48 PM »
Originally posted by Lye-El
The rocker for rudder control I found useless for the most part. Rudder pedals is the way to go. Much better control.

Well..... if everyone responding to this thread sends me one dollar... i can order them next week. :D

Till then, it will have to stay a dream.
21 is only half the truth.