Author Topic: 'Day Without Immigrants' under way  (Read 6445 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
'Day Without Immigrants' under way
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2006, 10:49:46 PM »
Enjoy yerself tomorrow. The 'grass being greener', 'n all.

hehehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehehh eee!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2006, 10:59:21 PM »
A high school dipolma is useless. U need college now.  Alot of employers take advantage of these guys and pay them peanuts.  Its a joke that businesses cant get by with out illegals.  That means either he's lazy or a bad businesses man.  I dont noe about the rest of the country but i noe about new york city.  Alot of the bull**** jobs have rised there standards very high.  They wanted 5 years experience for a 12.50 an hour partime inventory job in queens.  Findin a construction job is everything but possible unless u noe the boss and he likes u enough to pay u. And that goes for alot of those simple joe get-by jobs.  50 million americans unemployed, theres a reason for this.  A good chuck of that is due to illegals doin there job for peanuts.  "they do the jobs that americans dont want to do" to me this means lazy americans.  I watch employers get rich from usin mexicans, guy drives a dam $200,000 lambo but nobody other then the girl doin the paper work is a citizen.

People want to reform and even make these people citzens.  What will that be like. Lets just imagine. Now they r citizens and they unionize............ demand more money and health care................. and they strike.  Now what do u have, a population of employed people that r to lazy to work.  What would that be now... 70 million unemployed americans.  Now what.  

I dont think u need to reform the immigration policy, i think u need to change that average lazy american into the the man he used to be...........not a 100 pound overwieght mcdonald eatin suv drivin too lazy to even moe his own lawn man but the man that wasnt afraid to get his hands dirty and do things for himself.

Look at all the tax dollars thrown away on people that arent even citizens.  I would lov to see those tax dollars thrown into our schools,  the kids in korea make our kids look like retards and we are supposed to be the last remaining super power.  It be a hell of alot cheaper shippin them back.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2006, 11:01:41 PM »
Originally posted by Nwbie
ok, lets get rid of all the illegal workforce

and when the prices of services and goods get to about double what they are now, take a guess if I'm right..
which genius that has posted so far will be able to figure out what the actual economical impact of this kind of "gun toting - blow harding " quick fix mentality will create?

ijots all of ya, cuz you guys wil be the first to stomp your feet and cry when the price of everything in the US goes through the roof... getting cheap labor to create goods in th eUS is a tradition, if it costs a buck to sell something then the smartest thing to do is make it cost 75 cents, so the ijots can buy it for 2 bucks instead of 2.25.... that is where our economy in the US is right now...
get ready to pay 4 bucks for what used to cost 2 bucks if something like this passes.... and kiss that Hummer goodbye

NwBie

its a dumb way to deal with a bad economical situation... politicians creating an economical climate... and ijots supporting it...
kee rist - Americans are ijots... and if we keep reproducing .... think of how well we will screw it up for our Grandkids... lol political economists and cow pie slinging republicans ... god help us

Bull****.  Services would at first increase in price.  But soon the jobs will start to be filled with the kids who should be there in the first place.  The ones who might have had a tough break or are looking for a direction in life.  

Just to save us the trouble, next time you have a thought, just let it go.  You're going to strain yourself with all of this "Thinking" stuff.

Originally posted by ujustdied
lol like Carlos Mancia said if they bulid this "Berlin wall". Whos going to bulid it?  

I would.  I'd give you a kickass price for it and quality, too.  Construction is a hard job but it's not the bottom of the **** bucket that everyone makes it out to be.  

The greatest art in the world is Construction.  If artists and musicians had half the skill a Carpenter or Mason or Welder had the world would be a better place.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2006, 11:04:27 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
Enjoy yerself tomorrow. The 'grass being greener', 'n all.

hehehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehehh eee!

take care of yourself, you old drunk! :D

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2006, 11:08:28 PM »
Originally posted by bkbandit
50 million americans unemployed, theres a reason for this.  A good chuck of that is due to illegals doin there job for peanuts.

Hmmm... 50 million would be 16.9% of the population, and an even larger percentage of the workforce. The current unemployment rate is 4.7%.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good rant. ;)
sand

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2006, 11:09:51 PM »
dont tell me that...... tell fox news. This is the number they said 2 nites ago.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2006, 11:11:32 PM »
Originally posted by bkbandit
dont tell me that...... tell fox news. This is the number they said 2 nites ago.

Don't believe everything you hear on television. ;)

http://www.bls.gov/
sand

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2006, 11:11:47 PM »
Not so quick Sandman.  The Unemployment figures that you count are of those who are out of a job and are actively seeking another job.

So that 4.9% is the percent of americans who don't have a job, but are trying to get one.

While I wouldn't say that 16% of the population doesn't have a job, it's probably in the middle.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2006, 11:13:20 PM »
Likewise, we can count stay at home moms as unemployed.

Nevertheless, methinks Fox News is pulling facts out of their rectums.
sand

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2006, 11:14:56 PM »
Yes, you could.  The real question is "How much of the US population is currently able to work, but does not?"  

Would you count stay at home moms?

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2006, 11:16:29 PM »
regardless anything, giveing a teenager a part time job will get him off the street.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2006, 11:26:26 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Yes, you could.  The real question is "How much of the US population is currently able to work, but does not?"  

Would you count stay at home moms?

Guess it depend on how they qualify the question. Able meaning physically able or financially able. Plenty of people with moms at home simply because working to pay for childcare just sucks.

According to BLS, the U.S. had 135 million employees (not counting farm labor). That leaves another 160 million. Of that, there are about 14 million seeking employment.
sand

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2006, 11:29:04 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
The greatest art in the world is Construction.  If artists and musicians had half the skill a Carpenter or Mason or Welder had the world would be a better place.

LMAO. You gotta be kidding me.

If this whole Mexican labour thing shows one thing, it's that anyone can do construction... and that it's all just a matter of who is willing to do it and for what price.

Damn...

Mexicans who have never even constructed Mechano nevermind anything else in their entire lives, and who can't even speak English, can somehow within a year seize a mightily threatening grip on the "art" that is construction...

"If artists and musicians had half the skill"..... Lol, I'm sure y'all are bracing yourselves for the armies of Springsteens, Wolf's and De Niro's poised just across the border.

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2006, 11:31:49 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
LMAO. You gotta be kidding me.

If this whole Mexican labour thing shows one thing, it's that anyone can do construction... and that it's all just a matter of who is willing to do it and for what price.

Damn...

Mexicans who have never even constructed Mechano nevermind anything else in their entire lives, and who can't even speak English, can somehow within a year seize a mightily threatening grip on the "art" that is construction...

"If artists and musicians had half the skill"..... Lol, I'm sure y'all are bracing yourselves for the armies of Springsteens, Wolf's and De Niro's poised just across the border.

classic!

Thanks, Nash.

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2006, 11:34:49 PM »
The makers and stars of shows like "Seinfield" could have saved a lot and made lots more money if they had just hired illegal writers and actors! :D