Author Topic: 'Day Without Immigrants' under way  (Read 6514 times)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
'Day Without Immigrants' under way
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2006, 02:52:50 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
Home designs have nothing to do with foundations being poured out of level, or brick columns not being laid level OR plumb.

Illegals probably built this.  Not a plumb or level thing in the whole building.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2006, 03:14:02 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
Illegals probably built this.  Not a plumb or level thing in the whole building.

Foundation in that building should still be level, interior walls should still be plumb. :)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Re: 'Day Without Immigrants' under way
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2006, 03:19:22 PM »
Originally posted by Toad

Well, Jeff, ol' buddy.... you'd be a whole lot unhappier if they put me in charge of enforcement.

Here you are basically admitting that you knowingly employ illegals and crying that you're losing money.

I throw your sad arse in jail and simultaneously fine you as much as the law allowed.

YOU asnd those like YOU, Jeff, are one of the, if not THE, major reason we have a problem with illegals in this country.

lol....ok quick while thier all huddled together, call the border patrol.......

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2006, 03:24:07 PM »
The house designs (only talking about houses I have helped build) arent crappy, but the quality of work that goes into them is.

Home designs have nothing to do with foundations being poured out of level, or brick columns not being laid level OR plumb.

I've seen the entire back wall of a 2 story walk-out home have to be re-sided because the siding was put on out of level and the story not matching around corners. (Home was sided the first time by a Mexican crew). I was unfortunate enough to have to help fix a pair of dormers on a home that a Mexican crew screwed up so badly that it took us 5 hours to make them look right again.

Most of the problems with new homes that I have seen are directly related to poor workmanship as oppossed to simply a crappy design.

When you have houses being put up that were designed to rely on Drywall for structural support, you know you have a bad design...
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2006, 04:07:19 PM »
Originally posted by indy007
Rumor is I may get to drive one on a visit to my girlfriend's mom.

My inner redneck has never been happier.

:D  Can we say "Hydrostatic" children?
Smooth as an oiled baby`s behind. :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2006, 05:12:46 PM »
Foundation in that building should still be level, interior walls should still be plumb. :)

In order to be plumb and or level, don't you need a straight line somewhere?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2006, 06:18:02 PM »
"newton be damned! ...just another dead brit-inna-wig anyway.

WTF.. you guys on break? Nail that damnned wall up fer crisssakes...

*sigh* ...can't find any decent help these days."
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: 'Day Without Immigrants' under way
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2006, 07:15:54 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
The whole purpose of the walkout and marches is to protest the "tough immigration laws" and make it easier to get citizenship.

So you think all those protesting already have their papers?

Landscape businesses are primary employment sources for illegals. It's possible Jeff ONLY hires legal citizens but it is extremely unlikely that that is the case.

I hope they investigate every single one of Jeff's employees and fine him according to statute if there are any that are illegal.

But then I feel that way about everyone using illegal immigrants as labor.

MSNBC had a poll: (mind you, a liberal network with a somewhat liberal viewership) 68% of those surveyed answered YES to the question of whether or not to arrest those illegals found at the protests-- Our elected leaders--in particualr, President Bush-- are ignoring public sentiment, banking on the likelihood that these non-English speaking border crossers are going to someday be voters.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2006, 07:48:25 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
In order to be plumb and or level, don't you need a straight line somewhere?

Of course you do, it all starts with the foundation. Just because the outside of that building is completely funky w/o a single straight line anywhere does not mean the interior walls are not plumb nor does it mean the foundation looks like the exterior of the building. ;)
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2006, 07:52:06 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
When you have houses being put up that were designed to rely on Drywall for structural support, you know you have a bad design...

I would agree with that statement.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2006, 07:53:40 PM »
"Home designs have nothing to do with foundations being poured out of level,"

do you have any idea how incredibly incompetent you have to be to mess that up? they could hire the high school grade 11 class to do it, and they could do it right after a week of work!

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2006, 08:04:14 PM »
Originally posted by vorticon
"Home designs have nothing to do with foundations being poured out of level,"

do you have any idea how incredibly incompetent you have to be to mess that up? they could hire the high school grade 11 class to do it, and they could do it right after a week of work!

Actually no I dont. I did however work on a framing crew for some time and never once saw a foundation that was level. We always had to use shims under the bottom plates of the walls to make sure the tops of the walls (and subsequently the 2nd floor) were level.

While siding, our first row was always overlapping the foundation by one inch. The second row we leveled in and went from there. The first row of siding was never level, but needed the 1 inch overlap on the foundation.

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2006, 09:08:55 PM »
With all of them protestin i feel like holdin a protest to counter them.  Im pretty sure we all feel the same way about just sending them back.  I would support a protest against them and i would be there all the way.  He have the right to protest "WE R AMERICAN" how are they protestin when they dont belong here and truly have no right to anything here.  All it tooks is 2 or 3 guys and it will snow ball into millions.

I went to a deli today to get a sandwich in my system before i went to play some hand ball at the park.  Of course theres a illegal mexican workin the deli so i get my sandwich and sit with my firend and eat.  My friend told me that the guy has been workin there for years.  His little girl come from the school down the block and was waitin for him to finish up. Now im thinkin this man is tryin to do the right thing for his family but wait................after all these years y hasnt he got his papers done to become a citizen?  At that moment any type of compassion is gone.  Why doesnt he get his papers, is it so hard.  Theres a buch of russians that r fresh off the boat but they have there papers done, whats wrong with this picture.  So we finish and head to the park and 2 blocks down we run into this kid.  A good kid 16 17 years old and cant find a job to save his llife, the kid is just as desperate as me.  But this is illegal is workin the deli down the block from his house.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2006, 09:55:15 PM »
Write your congressmen.  I just did.

http://www.senate.gov

http://www.house.gov

It's really easy to look up who your representatives are, and most (all?) have easy webmail forms you can fill out to give your opinion.  The voices of the illegals are being heard, so what about your voice?  Here's your chance.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2006, 01:24:25 AM »
no congressman or senator is goin to do nothin. They want votes and if the head a anti illegal protest they will put them selfs at a disadvantage when it comes to elections.  This is somethin that has to be started  by someone else.

Look at hilary clinton, shes just takin advantage of the situation.  We hav a better shot startin somethin from this thread then gettin any political help.  U hav alot of news people that are anti illegal but sean hannity was to protest he would be called a rascist and might even lose his job.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 01:28:00 AM by bkbandit »