Author Topic: Aaliyah dies in plane crash.  (Read 1847 times)

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
Aaliyah dies in plane crash.
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2001, 12:58:00 PM »
Got this off the local news earlier this morning and figured you guys might wanna know.

From what I've heard, the pilot wasn't type-rated for that perticular aircraft. It was overloaded with luggage but by how much they didn't say. One thing they did mention was that the owner had been cited several times (4 or 5 I think) for safety violations. It could be rumor, I'm not sure. The aircraft was a Cessna 402B twin, rated for a max take-off of 6,300 lbs. Her body was flown back to the states yesterday.
 http://www.msnbc.com/news/619571.asp

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta Six's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
"For yay did the sky darken, and split open and spew forth fire, and
through the smoke rode the Four Wurgers of the Apocalypse.
And on their canopies was tattooed the number of the Beast, and the
number was 190." Jedi, Verse Five, Capter Two, The Book of Dweeb

[ 08-29-2001: Message edited by: flakbait ]

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2001, 07:09:00 PM »
Eek so maybe just maybe she gained the weight the aircraft lost an engine on t/o shifted the CG out of limits and it went in tragic isn't it just tragic.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2001, 07:40:00 AM »
Ok so this thread wont die but what the hell, new facts have surfaced

Luis Morales who was the pilot of the AC was convicted no less then an month ago for having drugs on him (he also was known to to be an drug smuggler) He got of easy with 3 years probation (dunno if this is the right word) He got an job as an part of his "rehabilitation" and guess what this job was? yes Pilot, because he had an AC license.

THE BEST PART IS THIS : HIS FIRST PILOTING JOB WAS TO FLY Aaliyah and her crew.

:(
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2001, 09:08:00 AM »
Originally posted by Maniac:
THE BEST PART IS THIS : HIS FIRST PILOTING JOB WAS TO FLY Aaliyah and her crew.

Owwchhh!!!!  :eek:

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2001, 05:04:00 PM »
***roadkill RUMOURS***********

Luis Morales was a Puerto Rican pilot, hes been flying for almost 8 years WORKING for different airlines. I never met the guy personally but according to my flight instructor he frequented my flight school whenever he was in PR, and was a nice guy and good pilot.

There was a biography posted on the local newspaper 2 days after the crash, and there is NO mention of such charges.

Dont believe everything you read in the tabloids.

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2001, 08:51:00 PM »
I'm withdrowing my Owwchhh!!!!

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2001, 10:40:00 PM »
Bah Animal you know better than that you know how the press in this Island is a crock of ...  they clean up everything hide details to shape someone into what they want the people to see. Then again  Luis Morales if he was convicted for drug usage he won't even touch an airplane kiddie  we're regulated by the same FARs that regulate the Continental US regarding pilots and licensing so I don't think the drug usage  would have a part in this although that it needs to be investigated.

NO the most likely cause was that the airplane was overloaded lost an engine down it went. If it was out of Cg lmits then this aircraft more than likely would of been very difficult to control. NOw the question lies who is at fault here  the courier for overloading the aircraft, the PIC which  is solely responsible for determing if the aircraft is airworthy,or everything above. BUt to FARs the PIC is always at fault then into further investigation other people find blame in this. But as of right now the PIC would be the sole bearer of reponsability in a mishap.

Sad but something we pilots have to live with each time we strap on an aircraft.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2001, 10:51:00 PM »
While the pilot should be ultimately responsible for knowingly flying an overloaded plane, if that was the case.
It seems convenient to me however, that in most plane crashes they scream pilot error first off, that way it can't really harm the career of the guy they pin it on, since he is often deceased

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2001, 12:11:00 AM »
I know that the press here (as all the press in the world) are blood sucking trying to take advantage of what people want to believe in.

But this guy was NOT a drug convict. He was a regular joe pilot, probably overwhelmed by the fact that he was flying a hot celebrity who he felt he had to please.

If I was the pilot of that plane, I would have NOT flown it, unless I would have been getting booty from Aaliyah, wich he was not, so it was his mistake. Sadly to admit, but it probably was his fault to fly an overloaded plane; IF he knew this, and IF he gave the OK to fly an overloaded plane.

We never know all the truth.

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2001, 09:54:00 AM »
Originally posted by Maniac:
Luis Morales who was the pilot of the AC was convicted no less then an month ago for having drugs on him (he also was known to to be an drug smuggler) He got of easy with 3 years probation (dunno if this is the right word) He got an job as an part of his "rehabilitation" and guess what this job was? yes Pilot, because he had an AC license.

Another typical swede..
  :D

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2001, 10:56:00 AM »
I heard somewhere there was an argument about the luggage weight. I think the pilot knew he was overloaded and refused to fly, but he was paid off and took it up anyway.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2001, 07:38:00 PM »
PIC has the final word and he's ultemately responsible for this decision sad but true.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2001, 07:09:00 PM »
Mebbe that'll teach the rich jet setters that less is better.