Author Topic: 456 players and 4 hordes per side..  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
456 players and 4 hordes per side..
« on: May 29, 2006, 11:05:11 PM »
I love the AH gameplay.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 11:08:21 PM by Urchin »

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 11:08:12 PM »
4?
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Arcades057

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 11:12:48 PM »
I'm still surprised by it.  

But then again I've only been here a year.

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 11:37:54 PM »
I love 2 airfields, a port and 2 CVs (all in 2 sectors) being swamped at once with no aircover while someone tries to get pork missions rolling. :confused:
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 12:43:23 AM »
Yeah, that is hard to believe.

Gotta wonder where that extra hordes came from... should only be one per country.

In the future, when we achieve Toolshed Nirvana, there will only be three hordes with no stray players. The hordes will (since HTC's server is in the Northern Hemisphere) rotate clockwise around a map and on the radar it will appear as if  the three circling comets are each chasing the tail of the comet in front of it.

There will be no actual fighting between real people of course. Just the rotational destruction of toolsheds with follow-on capture, followed by the trailing horde's destruction of the same toolsheds with follow-on capture...ad infinitum.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 01:04:14 AM by Toad »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 03:49:52 AM »
You forgot the vaguely uneasy counter-rotating inner cycle from our Aussie players...
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 04:06:23 AM »
Can't believe it...gameplay getting worse.  Could be because of the number of new players.  I guess security in numbers the reason.  My squad mates and I usually try to cap the fields the hordes are coming from to at least slow down the horde machine somewhat. Or......we fly on the perimeter to pick them off.   Usually ends up being a game of dodgeball instead of flight acm.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 04:23:35 AM »
I lov diving into the hoard machine and Doing whatever the voices tell me to ....

muhahahahahaa :D
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 04:32:42 AM »
Originally posted by Hajo
Can't believe it...gameplay getting worse.  Could be because of the number of new players.  

It is a map i believe. Small map with very few fields near frontline far away from each other just cannt produce anything but few huge hordes. Especially with ~450 ppl online.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 06:21:21 AM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
I lov diving into the hoard machine and Doing whatever the voices tell me to ....

Which last night was land on a field with GVs all over it. I am still wondering why you were trying that.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 06:22:34 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
Yeah, that is hard to believe.

Gotta wonder where that extra hordes came from... should only be one per country.

In the future, when we achieve Toolshed Nirvana, there will only be three hordes with no stray players. The hordes will (since HTC's server is in the Northern Hemisphere) rotate clockwise around a map and on the radar it will appear as if  the three circling comets are each chasing the tail of the comet in front of it.

Let's do it counter-clockwise, I love saying widdershins

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 06:56:17 AM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo

Does one of your voices sound like Hitler? When I hear that voice I ususaly try to persuade the "Toby the cell block homie"  voice to go pimp him out.
Other than that I ususaly only listen to the voice that keeps saying "Pay no attention to the other voices. They are all a bunch of whining pansies. Have fun or log off and do something else."

;)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 07:43:56 AM »
the farther apart the fields are the worse the gameplay.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 07:51:36 AM »
MA gameplay continues to suck and its suckage continues to rise. Small maps only magnify the suckage. All the small maps should be retired and replaced with new larger maps. Granted, some of the larger maps also promote suckage, but no where near what the small maps generate.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 08:06:27 AM »
Get rid of all small maps, add a FT to all remaining maps and/or move all bases to minimum distance apart.  Do nothing and watch the game continue to languish.