Author Topic: Ram model needs changing  (Read 5038 times)

Offline Trikky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2006, 11:37:55 AM »
Originally posted by Hamish
If you can reliably repeat it... then film it multiple times and submit it to Pyro?

Regards,
I remember reading somewhere, in a previous thread, that the film isn't a hundred percent accurate in recording where each plane is at any given time, part of the smoothing process IIRC, so its not likely to be much use.

Personally I regard rams in much the same way I regard getting lit up by planes who categorically didn't have any solution as they passed by - all part of the nets rich tapestry.

Offline Souless

• Copper Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2006, 11:44:09 AM »
I do believe if an air to air collision has occured BOTH planes MUST take damage

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2006, 11:48:19 AM »
**** no. I do not want to do die to rams that people like you can't or won't avoid, especially if it doesn't happen on my FE.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2006, 12:30:15 PM »
I want to see a film where someone flies through a bomber and has no damage. Not from the bombers POV but from the guy that flies through the bomber. Then we know its broke until then it isnt broke.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2006, 01:31:33 PM »
Somewhere in Texas HTC are rolling their eyes and sighing. Use the search feature.

Offline Bingo73

• Copper Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2006, 02:00:14 PM »
Collisions did happen in the real world..everyone knows that. But I tend to believe that if you collided with another plane in the real world..no matter what kind of plane it was..you would both be hurting in some fashion or another.
Maybe that's what needs to happen?
:confused:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2006, 02:12:45 PM »
Originally posted by Bingo73
Collisions did happen in the real world..everyone knows that. But I tend to believe that if you collided with another plane in the real world..no matter what kind of plane it was..you would both be hurting in some fashion or another.
Maybe that's what needs to happen?
:confused:

So instead of SOMETIMES (rarely? never?) going down when clueless dolts deliberatly ram you, you want ALWAYS to go down?
Imagine the whines on all channles...and gameplay will improve considerable, too! :rolleyes:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2006, 02:22:39 PM »
or maybe if they realize that they will go down as well 100% of the time, they will be more careful when in close?  then again maybe not.  who knows.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2006, 02:25:03 PM »
Originally posted by SunKing
Somewhere in Texas HTC are rolling their eyes and sighing. Use the search feature.

I'm sure they are.

But look at the bigger picture. First folks are complaining about getting HO'd all the time. The response is usually of the nature of "HO's can be avoided." Now experienced players keep getting run into by, I'm assuming, dweebs who then fly away undamaged. Not once in a while, but flight after flight. What's the answer to this: "Avoid getting run into"??

Come on. So, what's the bubble that someone has to fly around to prevent his FE from saying he flew into someone he didn't? Meanwhile, the dweeb who'll gladly take a 50-50 chance of "winning" by HO and ram can just bore in without a care in the world. That seems kind of bass-ackwards.

I think rear-quarter collisions have a chance of survival. But a HO collision, with two pretty heavy pieces of machinery even touching at 500+ mph closure rates, I'd say odds of survival are low. Just hitting a bird at those speeds will take out something.

Offline Wax

• Nickel Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2006, 02:37:20 PM »
Originally posted by Souless
[  [/B]
I do believe if an air to air collision has occured BOTH planes MUST take damage

Agreed. If 1 plane hits another they both should take damage no matter what. Screw the Intardnet connects / packet loss ect. Both should take damage:cry :furious:mad::lol
Army of Muppets
 Make this real...the only muppet I have any respect for is Fester. Rest of you muppets can swab my sweat. Trikky

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2006, 02:48:41 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
**** no. I do not want to do die to rams that people like you can't or won't avoid, especially if it doesn't happen on my FE.

IMHO all HT has to do is take away the system notifying you have been collided with. If my front end didn't see it I don't care about it. If damage was taken from gunfire just play the hit sounds.
The only person who needs to know a collision has taken place is the person who did the hitting.

Think of the cut down in the whine.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2006, 03:23:18 PM »
Originally posted by Wax

Agreed. If 1 plane hits another they both should take damage no matter what. Screw the Intardnet connects / packet loss ect. Both should take damage:cry :furious:mad::lol

I agree with that, but it's just not gonna happen. HiTech has decided this is how he wants to do collisions and it's not gonna change. Kinda like a permanent squelch list......not gonna happen even though virtually every other online game has some sort of permanent ignore or squelch feature. Heck we even get a permanent ignore feature on this BBS but he wont give us one in the game. :rofl
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2006, 03:46:09 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAH!

Idiots.  All of you!

Well, many of you.

You are all to fixated on who's nose was pointed where and that has nothing to do with who collided with who!

So what if you are AFK and the P-47 dove on you.  You still collided with him because you did not avoid the collision.  On his FE there was no collision, hence the way it works.

The A6M in the OP's post did not pull up into his belly.  The A6M pulled up to climb/change directiion/dodge an attack/set up an attack/something, but he could not pull up into the  P-38's belly because he had no way of knowing where the P-38 was in relation to his A6M on the P-38 driver's FE.

All that determines if you, me, anybody collides is if our FE detects a collision between our aircraft and another aircraft.  It has nothing to do with anybody esle's FE.  Nothing.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2006, 04:06:26 PM »
Turn off collisions and randomize HO hits.

Offline yayyyy

• Nickel Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2006, 04:31:04 PM »
Originally posted by Redd
So you'd be happy to die every time a guy collides with you, even if your FE showed him missing you by 50 feet ?

HTC would need a bigger mail server to recieve all the films with people whining about how the plane clearly missed, and they shouldn have collided.

no i was definately being sarcastic. i am never happy with the ram model really