Author Topic: Just say no to drugs  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Just say no to drugs
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2001, 07:38:00 AM »
I say legalize all drugs, and let Darwins theory play out.  

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Just say no to drugs
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2001, 08:10:00 AM »

Originally posted by Nash:
Rediculous.

"Voters in Arizona, Alaska, California, Colorado, Maine, Nevada, Oregon and Washington also have approved ballot initiatives allowing the use of medical marijuana. In Hawaii, the legislature passed a similar law and the governor signed it last year."

So, does this court's ruling make the above null and void?

Not really.  From what I understand it's Federal Law, and doesn't affect the laws in the individual states.  This means that you can still do it in the states where it's legal and you won't be breaking any state laws, but you will be breaking federal law.

I would think that the chances of the feds breaking down your door because you're growing plants for your own medicinal use as allowed by your state of residence are pretty small.  And your local & state police won't be doing anything about it, because you're not breaking any state laws.

In any case, I can't begin to fathom why anyone would be against people smoking pot.  What's the big deal?

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

AG Sachsenberg

Just say no to drugs
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2001, 08:27:00 AM »
Because its bad.  Remember pot doesn't kill people, people smoking pot kill people    

Wish these fediddlein liberals and what have you's would just try it  

It is not like crack, it is not like coke.  Hell it's affects depending on amount used wears off quicker then alcohol.  I would think the food industry would love to see it legalized.  

Who would you be more afraid of a drunk behind the wheel?
Or someone stoned?

Chances are the guy stoned wont be driving do to extreme paranoia and if he was would dirve very slow and cautious, and not having an instant dose of I have large balls watch me drive this car super fast.

[This message has been edited by AG Sachsenberg (edited 05-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by AG Sachsenberg (edited 05-15-2001).]

funked

Just say no to drugs
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2001, 08:46:00 AM »
Alcohol is a more dangerous drug, in every aspect, than is cannibis.  But the problem is that if you prove this fact to the safety-nazis, the people who think they have the right to tell you what to do with your own property and your own body, they will try to outlaw alcohol too.  

AG Sachsenberg

Just say no to drugs
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2001, 09:15:00 AM »

Originally posted by funked:
Alcohol is a more dangerous drug, in every aspect, than is cannibis.  But the problem is that if you prove this fact to the safety-nazis, the people who think they have the right to tell you what to do with your own property and your own body, they will try to outlaw alcohol too.    

OK if they take away alcohol.  How are ugly women going to hook up?  I bet women's lib groups will be furious if they ban alcohol.  

Citing how are young and voluptuous women going to pick up horny guys at bars that would normally never give them the time of day?  

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Just say no to drugs
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2001, 10:31:00 AM »
Move to Belgium, It's legal here since the 1st January 01 !
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

AG Sachsenberg

Just say no to drugs
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2001, 11:26:00 AM »

Originally posted by Saintaw:

No toejam?

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Just say no to drugs
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2001, 11:35:00 AM »
SOB the state laws are unconstitutional now, as they conflict with federal laws (which take priority).

I could really care less on this issue, but I would think if you're going to legalize it, you'll actually legalize it instead of these goofy assed technicalities, like...

no more than 1/4 bag on the 3rd Tuesday and 4th Wednesday of each month if you live on an even numbered street address excepting if you hop on one foot in which case 1/8 but not to be less than 1/16 of which all except the remaining part will be for personal consumption excepting that the rest will be not where needed due to medical wants and needs can be possessed when above stipulations are met.

Offline tofri

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tofri.de
Just say no to drugs
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2001, 12:34:00 PM »

Originally posted by Saintaw:

Why should I?  From my home it's 4km to Belgique or 7km to the Nederlanden.
I never had any problem to stuff my bong  

Offline buhdman

• Copper Member
      • http://home.earthlink.net/~wjbarrow
Just say no to drugs
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2001, 03:45:00 PM »
My compassion goes to those who truly need it and now won't have access to it  

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Just say no to drugs
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2001, 04:15:00 PM »
 There is probably an enormous lobbying effort by drug-producers to keep drugs illegal. After all, their multi-billion empires are based only on the fact that legislation makes their worthless stuff more expensive then gold.

With legal drugs it would be easier for children to get them, but there would not be highly-interested and well-paid distributors pushing that stuff onto children. Some children shiff glue but no one is financially interested in buying glue, bringing it to school and persuading other children to try it.

miko

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
Just say no to drugs
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2001, 05:57:00 PM »

Originally posted by miko2d:
There is probably an enormous lobbying effort by drug-producers to keep drugs illegal.

Actually most of the lobbying is from law enforcement bureaucrats.

funked

Just say no to drugs
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2001, 06:35:00 PM »
And contractors for prison construction and operation...

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Just say no to drugs
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2001, 08:41:00 PM »
surprised none of you teary-eyed flag waving chevy commercial types aren't up in arms over the states rights issue  

several states decided to legalize it by a majority vote of the people and the feds gave them a slap in the face. i guess that means the ultra right is in line finally and doing what they are told by the man.

used to be a day when men like my ol grand-dad wouldn't let a central government tell them anything(he wouldnt agree with legalization but he hated a controlling central government) - people used to think that states had a right to determine things like that for themselves. i guess that isnt the case is it - from now on daddy washington lays down the law and if you dont like it tough shi-------

crack a history book if ya wanna know why i think a centralized gov't is bad thing - this ruling embodies a disturbing precedent.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Just say no to drugs
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2001, 09:27:00 PM »

Originally posted by mrfish:
surprised none of you teary-eyed flag waving chevy commercial types aren't up in arms over the states rights issue  

several states decided to legalize it by a majority vote of the people and the feds gave them a slap in the face. i guess that means the ultra right is in line finally and doing what they are told by the man.

used to be a day when men like my ol grand-dad wouldn't let a central government tell them anything(he wouldnt agree with legalization but he hated a controlling central government) - people used to think that states had a right to determine things like that for themselves. i guess that isnt the case is it - from now on daddy washington lays down the law and if you dont like it tough shi-------

crack a history book if ya wanna know why i think a centralized gov't is bad thing - this ruling embodies a disturbing precedent.

No fish, I am a states right type of guy and feel strongly..but I also feel just as strong about drugs.. Nothing good comes from illigal drugs. They are a bane to our society.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011